• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Gen Music

Best Gen Music?

• Total voters
Years
Definitely the third; it was the only generation where I liked almost every battle theme. The regis, E4, legendary battle, and champion were especially breathtaking! Could listen to them all day.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It's a tie between Gen III and V for me. The music in Hoenn is just so awesome and really makes me feeling like I'm actually on an adventure. I love all the trumpets and drums. I found a lot of themes in Gen V so very catchy and well composed too. I love that some themes such as theme for Village Bridge certain parts/layers you can turn on or off. It makes the music of that location more unique. I haven't played Y yet so I can't judge Gen VI yet. I should be starting a game once I get a 3DS from a friend so I should be able to hear the music soon. I hear it's excellent.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Going with Gen V. There are a lot of memorable tracks for me in Hoenn and Sinnoh, but I think Unova had the nicest music overall.

Gen VI is certainly making a name for itself, though~

blue

gucci
Years
Chose Gen III & Gen VI, both of them are on par with one another in terms of overall music quality. Some of my favourite soundtracks of the franchise come from the Hoenn & Kalos region. n_n

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
I'm surprised a lot of people said Gen 3. I honestly thought that music was okay, but everything is mixed for me. I like the rival battle music for almost all of them ^_^

Guest123_x1

My favorite generation of Pokémon music is the first. Sure, the rendering is antiquated, even by late 1990s standards, but the tunes were fun to listen to, especially when you started a game for the very first time. Memories of mine abound from the cues used in the game's early routes and cities.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
Voted 1st and 2nd gen. The battle music was just unreal. I could hum all the town and city songs by heart, they're that memorable. My favorite of all time is easily the Kanto Gym Leader music in 2nd gen. Fighting classic gym leaders and their terribly powerful pokemon to THAT? Gives me chills.

Though 3rd had the best bike & surf music!

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
I grew up with Gen III, so perhaps I'm biased, but it's still my favorite. It's got the same charm and sound of the older games, but it's orchestrated well and put together in such a way to make it stand out.

I can hum all the tunes from memory, that's how much I love them. Especially the Littleroot town theme... it's so sad and happy at the same time. I love it!

brb, gonna go play Sapphire now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
This is a hard decision for me, as all generations had awesome music.
But for me, I'm going to go with gen 3 (Hoenn). It's music was the most diverse, not to mention lively and catchy!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I really love Gen II for nostalgia factor since that is the Gen I played the most, but I must say Gen V is my all time favorite. Especially Unwavering Emotions, such a great piece.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
Gen 5 had great music and all, but my all time favorites would have to be the rival battle theme and that route before victory road

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
5th gen for me, but I still remember a lot of 1st and 2nd gen music very fondly.

6th gen is shaping up to be nice, but I don't like the gym leader tune unfortunately.

ShadoMaster

Pokémon Actor
Years
As a person who listens to all the OST for the main pokemon games over and over again.
I'm going to have to go with Gen 5 (Mostly the Black/White 2 games)
I like the overall feel of the music themes that certain characters have. It makes you really capture the aspect of the characters whilst making the battles feel epic.
Colress, Ghetsis, PWT remixes, Hugh's theme, Plasma theme, and legendary battle music.
Just thinking about all of them makes me have all sorts of goosebumps.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
As a person who listens to all the OST for the main pokemon games over and over again.
I'm going to have to go with Gen 5 (Mostly the Black/White 2 games)
I like the overall feel of the music themes that certain characters have. It makes you really capture the aspect of the characters whilst making the battles feel epic.
Colress, Ghetsis, PWT remixes, Hugh's theme, Plasma theme, and legendary battle music.
Just thinking about all of them makes me have all sorts of goosebumps.
True. They all are pretty cool themes xD

Years
I think it was definitely 6th Gen that won me over in terms of music, some is quite upbeat but others can be quite emotional as well.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I liked the music from the first and second gen the most. Gen 6 also has some pretty good music.

Back