• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best generic bird?

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Staraptor and Talonflame. They're both rather dangerous, both in a casual and competitive sense. They both look awesome, too.

I like Gale Wings as an ability, cos BRAVE BIRD ALL THE THINGS has become the best strategy in existence.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Well, I'm actually a bit disappointed Fearow isn't available to choose from, because that's what I would vote for.

What do you mean with "isn't available"? There isn't even a poll.

Fearow is as much of a valid choice as Pidgeot, Noctowl or any other...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm not a big fan of any of the main basic birds. I've always liked the bird Pokemon you can usually find later. My favorites are Fearow, Dodrio, and Mandibuzz. Dodrio is probably my favorite because I love its speed and power, but it's SO fragile out of anything in game, so that hurts lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Got to go with Swellow and Pidgeot for me because I've used them the most in battle so there the most helpful to me because I'm used to the moveset of these birds.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I love almost all of the generic birds; they're all actually pretty great Pokemon at least design-wise (which is all that matters for me)! As for my favorite, it would have to be Swellow! Followed by Pidgeot, Staraptor, Noctowl, Talonflame, and Unfezant.

Years
    While I've used a good number of them across multiple games, nothing will top Pidgeot in my eyes, unless they come up with something spectacular in a future generation. I'd say that only Swellow rivals Pidgeot's appearance in my eyes, but I didn't enjoy using it near as much as my Pidgeot.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Swellow. The design of it is cool, and it's great in battle. I usually have it in my team while playing in the 3rd Generation. Even if I'm underleveled, this guy outspeeds a lot of opponents. I'm gonna admit that some like Staraptor and Talonflame are better, but Swellow is still my favorite.

Swellow has always been a staple on my teams in third generation games despite its... awful defense. Talonflame and Staraptor are both really great stats-wise so I can see why they'd be so popular but as far as looks go I really do prefer Swellow. Aerial Ace and other moves have never failed me in most of my fights.

Second choice Pidgeot, again for the sleek design. Too bad he's mediocre at best to use.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I must say it's Staraptor because I took him whenever I played the Sinnoh games. Brave Bird was only introduced then, so I really loved using a 120 BP move to squash down Aaron, every time.

Plus, Conquest. Muneshige. Staraptor. Brave Bird. Overkill.

Always liked the battle cry as well. It's quite a cool Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Back