• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best starter pokémon final evolution

Best starter final evolution?

• Venusaur

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Charizard

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Blastoise

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Meganium

• Typhlosion

• Feraligatr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sceptile

• Blaziken

• Swampert

• Torterra

• Infernape

• Empoleon

• Serperior

• Emboar

• Samurott

• Chesnaught

• Delphox

• Greninja

• Decidueye

• Incineroar

• Primarina

• Rillaboom

• Cinderace

• Inteleon

• Total voters
Years
  • Oof, that's a very tough choice... Being starters, they're all awesome in their own way, and there are quite a few I really like. Will edit the post later with my decision.

Decided, chose my first starter, Blaziken! Empoleon and Delphox (and like half of all of them, really) were pretty up there too.

Last edited:

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
    Years
  • Sthis was actually a very hard choice soo i just choose emboar seeing as I grew up with it
    Also I didnt wanna be that person who picked charazard cuz hes a dragon with wings wow how cool

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Gonna have to go with Sceptile, since it's the fully evolved form of my favorite Pokemon. I hope this doesn't seem like a cop out or anything.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Gee whiz, I love all starter, well there's some exception like Chespin line and the Johto starters (Maybe not Totodile line) that I like but not as much as the others. It ultimately comes down to James Pond, Emperor Penguin, The Mermaid version of Pavarotti, Gex, or Robin Hood. But Empoleon get my final vote due to the fact it's also my first ever starter Pokemon

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    These are my top 3:

1. Blaziken

Blaziken is my all-time favourite starter and is my 9th favourite pokemon overall! I absolutely love both its design and typing! It is also an incredibly powerful pokemon that I have used numerous times. May's Blaziken was definitely a favourite of mine. The bond she had with it was beautiful and I loved witnessing Blaziken utilize its strength for contests.

2. Sceptile

Sceptile is my second favourite and my 10th favourite pokemon of all time! I love it so much as well as its pre-evolutions! It also has a wonderful mega-evolution! It has such a sleek design and I just love everything about this gecko pokemon.

3. Samurott

Samurott is my third favourite! I'm not sure what it is in particular that I love about Samurott, it's just one of those pokemon that I have such an appreciation for. It has a unique design and looks drastically different from its pre-evolutions, which I really love. It's so majesty and incredibly wise and knowledgeable. It looks like a pokemon that would have many enthralling stories to share. Perhaps this is due to the Samurott that appeared in Pokepark2 and was the Area Master of the Cove Area.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Uhmm i'll use NINETALES format......

So here's my top 3...

1.Venasaur

It's the best Kanto starter... and love his mega evolution and with the ability thick fat.......
    and my first starter(and also the most underrated kanto starter in my opinion....)

2.Greninja

I love it on the anime and love his abilities being Protean and Battle Bond.....
    and also this mon is really cool looking.......

3.Decidueye

ahhh.... my fave alolan starter and love his design very very cool
    love it on the anime(except hau)

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • Meganium is my favourite one though partly because of nostalgia, and Primarina is a close second. Third is probably a tie between Typhlosion, Torterra, and Delphox.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Why u you gotta twist my arm like this? Primarina is a queen, Torterra is literally the world turtle, and Delphox is just so majestic! Shoutouts to Chesnautht, Samurott, Feraligatr, Decidueye...

Chron

The Forgetful One
    Years
  • Man, Gen VIII is floppin' in this poll. xD

Gave my #1 to Sceptile, although it was a really hard choice between it and Blaziken. I just love the 3rd gen designs overall, and have always been a huge fan of the Hoenn starters too. I also really like Decidueye though, Alola's Pokemon and the game in general just have a really nice charm about them.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • While it isn't particularly significant to me, I think Blaziken has the best design of the fully-evolved Starters (though I'm not keen on its Mega). Funny since I remember hating it back in Gen. III because it "didn't look like a Pokémon."

While I'm voting for Blaziken, my favorite fully-evolved Starter would probably be Meganium since Chikorita was my first Starter in the games and for the nostalgic value of this card. Typhlosion and Sceptile are close behind.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Charizard! I love dragons, and even though it's not a dragon-type, Charizard is just so cool and it holds a special place in my heart. I love Mega Charizard X because its design is really interesting and I love its color scheme! It's my favorite Mega Evolution in general.

As for other starters, I really like Blaziken, Feraligatr, Serperior and Greninja.

Years
    • Seen today
    In what sense? Design? In-game effectiveness? Competitive usage? Do Megas count for those who have it or is it just vanilla final evolution?

Overall I'd go with Infernape. Great and interesting design, very useful in the game, very fun to use because it's so versatile and can be great in different ways, great move pool, and it doesn't need mega evolutions, superb hidden abilities, Gigantamax or any special treatment to be awesome, it's just awesome as it is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I'm really sad that Swampert isn't loved a lot, but it is just so COOL! The name origin, its design concept, it is just so good in battle that in competitive they made him in OU! It is just so cool. I really love it's typing being only weak to Grass, but seriously, Ice Beam or Ice Punch and bam, many grass types will be dead to it.

Blaziken is a close second, though. It looks so cool! Those fiery kicks and punches he lands are deadly.

And, all other Water starters are third. I just love the water type in general.

Back