• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
Years
  • Pokemon Black FTW ! really depends on game exclusives but im leaning towards black

im getting black only because its a stronger colour and more powerful than white really depends on version exclusives though ?

Last edited:

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    It's probaly going to be like D/P/P. D/P are going to suck, but Platinum is a great game. So i'll wait for grey.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I'm not getting Black nor White. I'm gonna wait for the third version to come out and get that, with all of the extra features and what not.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    I'll be getting Pokemon Black, and if I like the games storyline I'll get White version once completed as I've always done.

Akumu Senshi

Don't worry. It's fatal.
    Years
  • Probably White, though it truly depends on the available Pokémon.

...Which in itself is usurped by the fact that I have a brother who's getting Black.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Me and my brother will most likely get one each, just like we have every generation (I owned Blue, Silver, Sapphire, and Pearl while he claimed Red, Gold, Ruby, and Diamond). In following that pattern, I'm more likely to get White while he gets Black, but I actually develop preferences based on version exclusives and story changes while he just plays for the fun of it. XD

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • I'll get Black; my sister will get White.
    After I beat Black, I'll do a Non-evolved challange or a Solo-run challange in my Acekard 2i (I'm gonna download White and play it there)
    Then, when the third version comes out, if I got money at that moment, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll download it into my Acekard 2i.
    As easy as that.

Years
  • Get both? Well, unfortunately some people (like me) don't have a lot of money, and seeing that these two games will have a extension(Pokemon Grey or whatever, probably on the 3DS), so yeah I think I'll sit this one out till later.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Whichever one's better version exclusive wise. I don't want to miss out on Generation V awesome exclusives like I did with Purugly, Mismagius, and Bastiodon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    i always get the less popular one. all my friends got ruby, me saphire. they get diamond, i wait for platinum ;D

i think white will be most popular, unless the box cover legendary is pathetic, so I think black.

Crazily enough, most of the time the first-listed game is the more popular. Hence: FireRed > Leafgreen, Ruby > Sapphire, Red > Blue, Gold > Silver, Diamond > Pearl.

If anything, White will probably do just slightly worse than Black.

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
    Years
  • What is wrong with all of you? Get BOTH!

My thoughts exactly, I've always gotten all of them. :D Though lately the DS games are being priced at $40, so it might be awhile for me to be able to obtain both of them. So despite that black is one of my fav colors (Yes, I know it's a shade not a color), I'll get White first because almost everyone else is getting Black. (Other then the people that are getting "Gray")

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Pokemon "Gray" Version for me - the third version. I've decided to wait until the third version is released. It seems like a better, financially sound decision to me, since each game is essentially the same with the third version having (sometimes) substantially more features/changes added, which is a major plus (the obvious downside is the wait time). If I was able to somehow obtain another version, I'd get Pokemon Black, simply because black looks like a cooler color. Version mascots could play a role in my decision, though...

If I was able to afford all 3 versions I'd probably get them to support the Pokemon franchise (and remove the problem with version exclusives, of course...though that can be remedied by trading anyway), of course... But just getting 1 version makes whichever game you get seem more special, IMO.

Watch when the third version is titled something totally random like "Pokemon Mauve" or something... :\ Really hoping for Pokemon Gray Version, though...

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
  • I love black, but I'm stuck getting White 'cos my best friend is getting Black. DX If I did too it'd mean I'd have nobody to trade with. T^T

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back