• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Blunder Trade

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Yes, I'm talking about the awful Wonder Trade feature which allowed jackass players to get the better of generous players. Did any of you even like this feature? Discuss it.

Years
  • It's funny to do wonder trades, also what you call "generous players" are not forced to give good Pokemon... I usually trade pokemons when I'm breeding something (so it may be a good IV with good nature or a bad IV with useless nature). Sometimes I get usefull stuff, sometimes I get useless stuff but whatever. It's all about giving whatever you want to give and receiving whatever they want to give you. :D
    Good luck in your wonder trades. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yes! Headphonix hit the nail on the head! No ones forced to give out good pokemon on Wonder Trade so you shouldn't blame other players for not putting out competitive, battle ready, egg moved Dragonites holding master balls or whatever. Just because one person thinks all the scatter bugs and fletchlings being traded out is garbage doesn't mean that the next person isn't actually looking for the Vivillon that evolves from that scatter bug, or that the fletchling you got just happens to have Gale Wings. I love Wonder Trade, especially when I was first starting out I got tons of awesome pokemon right from the very first route.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Rule 1 of Wonder Trade: Never expect to get anything good in return.

Rule 2 of Wonder Trade: Never put up anything you might miss, particularly because of rule#1.

I used WT a fair bit when I first got X/Y, but haven't used it in months and don't really plan to use it again. I can basically breed whatever I want these days and if I can't, well that's what the Trade Corner is for. It's such a gamble that it'd take forever to get what I'd want anyway.

It CAN be nice though if lady luck smiles on you that day or if you're just starting out since what you're getting offa WT can't really be worse than the crap in the first few routes of every game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    It's funny to do wonder trades, also what you call "generous players" are not forced to give good Pokemon.

I didn't say they were. Generous players are those who dont trade a Bunnelby/Flabebe/Other Lv 2s in every single wonder trade.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • usually when i have a surplus of bred pokemon, i send them out. thats how i ended up with my first feebas, which is now the pokemon i wonder trade out due to surplus. i think that all pokemon are useful in some way, even if its just for egg move breeding or even contests. i dont mind being traded a random zigzagoon, since thats just one more trainer id i can scan for the lottery, you know?

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • As others have said, I use wonder trade to get rid of pokemon I didn't like (wrong gender/nature/etc) in breeding. I don't really care if someone gives me a low leveled/undesirable Pokemon though. I just trade it right back off to someone else until I finally get something I like.
    Wonder trade is just a gamble though, I use GTS or ask someone when I'm serious.

Years
  • I like Wonder Trade, I feel generous because I give away Magikarps (gods in actuality).
    I only use Wonder Trade to trade what I've bred, or when I have an undesirable Pokemon.
    Glooms named "srinator" should be on Wonder Trade.

Reactions: Nah

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Wonder Trade was a nice step in the world of Pokemon player-connectivity. With GTS I never felt inclined to try trading with other players because often I feel like everyone else is better than me so why would they want to trade with me. Wonder Trade lifted that curse and inspired me to test the waters of many trade features that have been around since Diamon/Pearl. For me it was ground-breaking and made the game feel more social.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I always use Wonder Trade to trade off the pokemon I bred. It's a good way for me to get rid of them. And I don't really care what I get in return xD

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I love the feature. I use it in both X and OR.
    Same as the above users. I put out my current breeding project while looking for the egg I actually want.
    And as someone who is trying to collect the vivillion patterns I like getting scatterbugs (which I rarely seem to get) and I've found a little handful group of pokes with Good IVs, egg moves, HA's. Caught it unusual balls.
    Best addition to the games.

Years
  • While I thought Wonder Trade was fun at first as it gave me a few really cool things, it stopped being interesting when all I got were first route stuff. But I did get a 5 IV Duskull back in October, which coincidentally was something I was looking for (well, any Ghost-type, for an event challenge that was being done last month). But one of these days i'll have to get rid of the surge of Noibat I have in Bank...

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Yes, I'm talking about the awful Wonder Trade feature which allowed jackass players to get the better of generous players. Did any of you even like this feature? Discuss it.

Wonder Trade is entirely random. If you don't like what you get just Wonder Trade again. I can't say it's not totally awesome, as I got a ton of awesome Pokemon from it.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I used to WT with the Y version, several trades were good with EM Pokémon and/or HA, some were not. Is a random system, but now with Oras, is practically useless to have fun in the WT. This because most of the Pokémon you receive are "caught and released" I like to use the WT to give my leftovers breed projects hoping to receive, between the random pokes that could show up, some useful Pokémon, but now is not the same. I'm going to wait a couple of days to use again the WT.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I love Wonder Trade! It's so much fun. I mean, isn't that the whole point of it? Random fun? I just put in whichever Pokemon I feel. Not too common ones, mind you. But nothing super rare either. And then I see what I get! If I don't like it, I just keep trading until I get something I want to keep it. Honestly, I've often just played Y for the Wonder Trading fun many times. And it's helped me fill out my Pokedex by A LOT without even trying.

Guess I just like the spirit of randomness or something. I've always had a thing for watching RNGs do their stuff and see what they decide. It's so exciting, because you never know what you're going to get. I do it just for that rush.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Quoting a friend, you should mostly use Wonder Trade for Pokemon you don't need, you shouldn't try and trade level 100 shiny legendaries unless you're REALLY generous.
    But, I have gotten some good trades like a Zebstrika and Carbink.

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I really like Wonder Trade :) I haven't used it in Alpha Sapphire yet because of the lack of WiFi in my current situation, but I used it very often on X. Got some neat Pokemon like a lot of HA Pokemon, some even with Egg Moves I can sure use! :)

Don't expect anything like an Arceus with an appealing nature or something, this just doesn't work this way. Wonder Trade is meant to trade a Pokemon, and get something in return you might not expect. Yes, a lot of people use it to trade Magikarp, Scatterbug or Fletchling, but like more people already said, even though YOU might not want to use it, another person will, so just Wonder Trade it again :) That's all the fun of Wonder Trading.

Besides, it's always been a blast for me, even when I received a Magikarp once called "U Mad?" hilarious xD I too use it when I have double Pokemon or leftovers from breeding : ) Usually those are Pokemon like starter-Pokemon or something, I always like to think a trainer who just started the game received them or any other trainer who is trying to fill up the Pokedex :)

Back