• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    Hey guys. I used to do a lot of ev training but now i kinda need to start getting some good ivs so
    if anyone could send me a link to a really good guide that would be great.

from the nooby breeder

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Hey all, a quick question -- How would I go about getting a Clefable with Seismic Toss and Softboiled? With Seismic Toss I'm thinking a Machoke or something would work, but the Softboiled really has me stumped... Dx Most recommended Clefable movesets include Softboiled so it must be possible somehow, but as of yet I haven't been able to figure it out. 8D;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hey all, a quick question -- How would I go about getting a Clefable with Seismic Toss and Softboiled? With Seismic Toss I'm thinking a Machoke or something would work, but the Softboiled really has me stumped... Dx Most recommended Clefable movesets include Softboiled so it must be possible somehow, but as of yet I haven't been able to figure it out. 8D;

...Unfortunately, as of right now, both Seismic Toss and Softboiled are only available as 3rd Generation Move Tutor moves.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Aw, dang! :C Looks like I'll have to rethink this... Thanks for your help though. n.n

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Umm is it possible to get egg moves using Ditto to breed?

If you use a Male parent that already has the Egg moves that you wanted to pass down into its species, then yes. For example, if you wanted to breed a Dragon Dance Salamence, then you could breed a Ditto with a male Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence that already knew Dragon Dance.

FrozenVirus

Make a Wish! <33
    Years
  • Is this Darkrai worth it?

I was soft-resetting for a Timid Darkrai with my Alakazam when I got this:

Level 50, Adamant, Likes to thrash about
    HP: 145
    Attack: 121
    Defense: 106
    Special Attack: 129
    Special Defense: 110
    Speed: 145

The stats themselves may not look that impressive, but if you take into account the IVs:
    HP: 30-31
    Attack: 31
    Defense: 22-23
    Special Attack: 8-9
    Special Defense: 30-31
    Speed: 30-31

I mean come on, if those IVs aren't epic, then George Bush was an awesome president (sorry for all of you Bush supporters). If only the nature was Timid, and the Special Attack IV was switched with the Attack IV...

But after all, a physical Darkrai is not unheard of in the Uber metagame, because it does after all have access to Swords Dance and Sucker Punch, a deadly combination. So what do you think I should do about this Darkrai? I haven't saved yet, so I can still get another one. Should I keep it, or should I attempt to SR for a Timid one? These IVs are really hard to resist...

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Well, a Physical Attacking Darkrai can be quite a surprise in battle, as most people expect a Nasty Plot Sweeper or a Choice Scarfed one, but it's stopped easier than the mentioned variatons. So it's really up to you to decide; of course, it does have epic IVs...

FrozenVirus

Make a Wish! <33
    Years
  • Well, a Physical Attacking Darkrai can be quite a surprise in battle, as most people expect a Nasty Plot Sweeper or a Choice Scarfed one, but it's stopped easier than the mentioned variatons. So it's really up to you to decide; of course, it does have epic IVs...

Yeah but the surprise kill with Focus Punch on a Blissey is worth the laugh =]

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Okay.
    I mean. What's really worth more?
    You have pretty much a perfect Phsyical Darkrai, with the correct IV's and Nature, but you wanted Timid.
    I would stay with it. But it's up to you.

FrozenVirus

Make a Wish! <33
    Years
  • Okay.
    I mean. What's really worth more?
    You have pretty much a perfect Phsyical Darkrai, with the correct IV's and Nature, but you wanted Timid.
    I would stay with it. But it's up to you.

Thing is, I've already got a Timid Alamos Darkrai with x/x/x/31/x/31

LOL

I just wanted the glory of catching an awesome special-based one, but whatever. I guess I can just be happy that I have one of the best (if not the best) legit physical Darkrai =]

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Yesterday I was breeeding for some modest mareeps. I put a modest ditto holding everstone with an Ampharos holding nothing in the Day Care Center. If I remeber correctly you have a 50% of getting the same nature of the ditto if its holdong an everstone. I breed about 50 eggs yesterday and I only got 4 modest eggs. Am I doing something wrong here or do I have horrbile luck lol.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Are both your parents from the same region? If you breed parents that are from two different regions, the Everstone won't work.

I dont know really. I got the ditto in a trade so Im not sure. I guess thats the problem.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Are you serious? I didn't know that mattered. If they are the same pokemon it shouldn't make a difference where you caught them, no? Do you mean generation or game caught?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Yeah, it matters. It's some sort of difference with the regions that makes it so the Everstone trick doesn't work if the two parents are from different regions (USA, Japan, UK, etc), no matter if the parents are the same species. Yeah, I mean region, not game caught (sort of, I guess) or generation.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Yeah, it matters. It's some sort of difference with the regions that makes it so the Everstone trick doesn't work if the two parents are from different regions (USA, Japan, UK, etc), no matter if the parents are the same species. Yeah, I mean region, not game caught (sort of, I guess) or generation.

Hmm thats wierd then as both are american.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back