• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Browser Wars

Which browser is the best?

• Windows Internet Explorer

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Mozilla

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Apple Safari

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Opera

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    Firefox FOR THE WORLD. Its the most safest/protected IMO

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Safari takes the cake for me. It's always been my favorite. It looks good with great graphics, quickest I've ever used.

PS. This should be in Computer/technology discussion

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Mozilla Firefox is by far the best browser I've used. I've tried out things like Safari and Opera, but they just don't match up.

Plus, Firefox is great at customizing, which I like.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I alternate between Firefox and Safari. I like them both and they both have the same UI for me. so they're both on equal footing.

Years
    IE. I dont really care which browser I use.

Used to have FF but didnt really like it.

I suppose I use Opera too since thats what powers the Wii Internet Channel.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    If I didn't go on 4chan I'd probably just use IE. All browsers are the same to me but Firefox has extensions that help me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    1. Firefox → This is my main browser. Firefox 3 kept crashing on me for no reason when I upgraded, but it seems to have fixed itself on its own. I'm not sure why, but I can't complain. I adore the extensions for it (oh man what did I ever do without them!?) and I love the themes. Aside from extensions though, it doesn't have much on other browsers for me. :/

2. Opera → When Firefox 3 kept crashing? I switched over to Opera for a few weeks. I really liked it. The only thing I was really missing from Firefox was my Gmail and Livejournal extensions and aside from that, Opera was just really easy to get into. I got used to it really quickly and now that I'm back with Firefox, I keep missing some of the little things that really stand out for me with Opera.

3. Safari → I've only used it on Windows but it's probably the quickest browser overall for me. I use it as a fast alternate when I need something aside from my main but don't want to open up Opera. It renders better overall than IE7 for me, although the text rendering is awful. I just prefer it to IE but on its own in Windows, it just doesn't feel native in the least. :/

4. Internet Explorer → It's... dead last. I hate IE7's setup and it still has rendering issues that other browsers don't have. :/ I tried out the IE8 beta for a while but it was even worse so I just have it mimicking IE7 instead now. I really only use it when a site has to be viewed in IE and don't touch it otherwise.

I don't use any other browsers.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    Firefox for me. Don't feel safe browsing with NoScript anymore :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Firefox... The only other browser I use (as a backup or whatever) is an old version of Internet Explorer, from before the age of tabs. ¦D

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    I personally think Flock is the best of them all, because I'm a hardcore social networker and Flock integrates with a lot of Web 2.0 stuff. It's based on Firefox's source code so it goes under Mozilla Family.

Lash

Years
    Internet Explorer used Splash! Nothing happened! Safari used Vine Whip, super effective! Internet Explorer fainted, go Opera! Use Sing! Attack missed, Safari used Razor Leaf, its not very effective... Opera fainted, Safari wins the match! A wild Firefox appeared, go Safari, use Razor Leaf! Its not very effective... Firefox used Flamethrower, its super effective! Safari fainted, Firefox wins!

Overall, Firefox is my main browser, and Safari is my backup browser.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    You have to love these Pokémon styled browser battles!

I'll admit it, I like IE.
    I tried Firefox out for a while... but I just didn't like it. I suppose I'm just used to Internet Explorer's (laggy) ways. :\

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Go! Flock!

Flock is glowing.
    Firefox used Howl.
    Flock used Sky Attack.

Firefox fainted.

Flock FTW. =D

I'm actually getting sick of seeing this topic reappear each time it dies since it seems the topic creators think the opinions of the posters who post in this thread almost everytime has changed since the thread last existed. =\

Flock > Mozilla Firefox > Opera, Internet Explorer and Safari
    Opera, Internet Explorer and Safari are all in last place since I use them at the same rate. Opera has a weird interface that seems to make me want to punch it, Internet Explorer's interface looks crap as well and Safari looks crap overall and I hate Safari because it doesn't follow all of the trends of where most options go in browsers. Also, just now I tried to open Safari but it took about a minute to open.

And yes, I do have all 5 installed because I sometimes like testing browser standards when I'm coding a website template. =\

Years
    Well I recently had to change from IE, (couldn't have been bothered before to get a different one) to FF, I didn't like way it was set out, and it was too complicated for something that should be simple to use. So I have now got Opera, which I have only just downloaded, so I am thinking the layout looks okay, so I'll see how things go.

lnfamous

★☆★☆★☆★☆
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    .____. I've no problems with IE. I just feel so funny when I use Firefox. I don't know why it bothers me.

Back