• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bug Type Legendary!?!?

Shoud they make a bug-type legendary?

• No

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • ?!?!?!?!?

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    yeah, nintendo needs to make fighting, bug, and poison legendaries lol =/ there are too many dragon and psychic legendaries.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Dual-typed Bugs have too many common weaknesses: Stealth Rock and Rock Slide/Stone Edge (for everything except Heracross, Scizor, and Forretress), Flamethrower (for everything except Masquerain), Earthquake (For Bug/Poison and Bug/Steel). Yanmega may be awesome, but he loses 50% health every time he switches into SR.

For a Bug legendary to be useful, it needs a good resistant type. I don't like the idea of Bug/Dragon, because the only available [logical] conclusion would be a dragonfly.

I say a Bug/Psychic or Bug/Dark.

Just some corrections :D Wormadam is Bug / Steel too, and therefore takes normal damage from Rock, like Cross, Scizor and Forry.

Masquerain takes 2x damage from Fire-type attacks since it LOSES the Water-type characteristics upon evolution.

Although Poison-types are weak to Ground, Bug typing confers Ground RESISTANCE to Bug / Poison-types, making them take 1x damage, not 2x. Same goes for Ground / Bug-types.

Ground / Steel would be a fine typing, as they get good amount of half-damage resistances. Steel covers all of Bug-type's weaknesses, except Fire, and Bug covers most of Steel's.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Just some corrections :D Wormadam is Bug / Steel too, and therefore takes normal damage from Rock, like Cross, Scizor and Forry.

Masquerain takes 2x damage from Fire-type attacks since it LOSES the Water-type characteristics upon evolution.

Although Poison-types are weak to Ground, Bug typing confers Ground RESISTANCE to Bug / Poison-types, making them take 1x damage, not 2x. Same goes for Ground / Bug-types.

Ground / Steel would be a fine typing, as they get good amount of half-damage resistances. Steel covers all of Bug-type's weaknesses, except Fire, and Bug covers most of Steel's.

Oh wow... good catches.

I've been playing too much Shoddy, and I forgot all about Wormadam and Masquerain... I haven't heard those two mentioned in months.

And I never knew that Bug resisted Ground. The only non-Flying bugs I run into are Heracross and Scizor, and I never bother using Earthquake on them anyway.

Bug/Ground has now become a pretty decent possibility. But what kind of Legendary insect would be a Bug/Ground type...?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Oh wow... good catches.

I've been playing too much Shoddy, and I forgot all about Wormadam and Masquerain... I haven't heard those two mentioned in months.

And I never knew that Bug resisted Ground. The only non-Flying bugs I run into are Heracross and Scizor, and I never bother using Earthquake on them anyway.

Bug/Ground has now become a pretty decent possibility. But what kind of Legendary insect would be a Bug/Ground type...?

Worm that controls sandstorms.
    Bug Type Legendary!?!?

It's Jorgandr :D

Years
  • I think it would be a good concept, but aren't Bug types generally weak? Also, dont legendaries normally control or rule something? (Well, at the moment anyway. Name one which doesn't control/rule/create something. :\) So, if they can think up a good story to go with it, sure. However, I think it would just end up being a random legendary if they do. :\
    Bug pokemon aren't weak, the level up fast i think and Evlove at an early level personaly a legendaries pokemon
    Should stay as The three birds, The three Dogs, Regice, Registeel, and Regirock
    Stell and rock are new i always thought fire ice and water would be best but i'm all for bug pokemon :D :D

( sorry if i mispelled )

dutchmuffin77

...not dutch
    Years
  • i think nintendo should make a bug legendary and they should also try to keep the number of legendary types more balanced... what im trying to say is they shouldnt have 10 psychics, 4 fire, 7 water, and 2 electric legendarys; they should make it more like 7 psychic, 5 fire,6 water, and 4 electric legendarys, so they dont make it to were there is a dominant legandary type

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Yesh.
    Who says bugs are weak? Forretress is a defensive monster, and scizor and heracross have gots the powa!

Perhaps a bug legendary could be based off of how the egyptians believed that a scarab rolled the sun across the sky. Bug/Fire with huge attack much?

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • It might be good... There are insects in the real world that are pretty phenomenom 'cause they have amazing characteristics or they're very hard to find.
    So, Nintendo could get inform about this insects and create a good Bug Legend.
    BUT, I think of it like a very rare and powerful Pokemon, not as a real Legend that took part in world's creation....

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Personally, I would love to see a Bug type legendary. That would be cool.

The typing would need to be neat to compete against the other legendaries.

Bug/Ground, love the concept of the sandworm. That would be amazing to see.

Bug/Dark, another great concept. I imagine a giant centipede or millipede Pokemon here. Give it a horn to be able to use Megahorn, and Deoxys and Mewtwo will have problems...

EDIT: A scarab legendary? ...Nice, but the typing of Bug/Fire would be destroyed by Stealth Rock.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Well, I'm making a game, and I am going to make a Bug Legendary, still in the beginning phases, but the Idea is a Pure bug legendary, that is the "Pokemon Seeder". He goes from region to region to seed pokemon eggs in the region, populating the region with native pokemon.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Sure, it would be kinda weird... however, I've always thought that bug types didn't get the love they need. There are some great bug types. I totally kicked butt in Red Version with my Scyther/Pinser combo (not literally combo as dual battling didn't exist then ;) [also, I traded to get them both xD] And, if you teach Butterfree nothing but psychic moves, she totally kicks butt, as well.

I think it would be neat to have a bug legendary.

Jameseh

Hmm.
    Years
  • No. Because I imagine it wouldn't be the main (box art) or secondary (3rd game box art ie. Giratina, Rayquaza) legendary and I think anymore than these legendary's is simply stupid. I think even after Suicine/Entei/Raikou I got sick of the 3 same 'creature' different type legendarys.

Back