• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can people help me make a team (helpful critism is needed)

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
Years
  • Try Choice Band Machamp with No Guard (or Guts if you don't care for confusion). It's bulky enough and can do some huge damage with Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Ice Punch and Bullet Punch (just in case you need to get rid of those focus sashers).

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    thank you know i need to decide on a special wall blissey move set and ev spread

Syaoran

Years
  • I suggest dropping Porygon-Z for Cresselia and Lucario for Machamp. Also Salamence doesn't look that good on this team, try Gyarados (also has Intimidate) to lure in electric attacks on Electivire.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    True but i never used gryados ever so what is he like a special sweeper ,pyshcial

also who would cover more my new none spinner starmie (replaced by a future fortresses) or a good gryados?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    True but i never used gryados ever so what is he like a special sweeper ,pyshcial

also who would cover more my new none spinner starmie (replaced by a future fortresses) or a good gryados?

God your posts are really hard to understand. Anyways, you have like 3 Special Sweepers.. I would suggest getting rid of some..

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    God your posts are really hard to understand. Anyways, you have like 3 Special Sweepers.. I would suggest getting rid of some..

sorry about that but i just wanted to know what could cover more a special sweeper gryados or my current starmie (my new spinner will be my fortetress )

also do you now what i could fill up for my other 2 moves of swellow seeing as he will be my physical sweeper seeing as facade with him will have a giant base power

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Eh? Since everyone is telling me not to copy from Smogon, I'll take a guess.. Roost ; U-Turn. Brave Bird is another option for AA, and perhaps Focus Sash for the item, but Toxic Orb really helps to take adventage of Guts..

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    ya my friend told me to put like a flame orb but that would cut my attack in half so no...I guess i will use u-turn for emergeny's but i want something out of it's type group to cover more groups

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • The hell? Swellow's too fragile to Roost, I suggest U-Turn and Brave Bird with Protect and Facade /w Toxic or Flame Orb. And Burn doesn't negate Guts, if I'm not mistaken. But if you don't want Brave Bird, try Steel Wing. With Guts activated, it can do some serious damage to TTar.

Syaoran

Years
  • The hell? Swellow's too fragile to Roost, I suggest U-Turn and Brave Bird with Protect and Facade /w Toxic or Flame Orb. And Burn doesn't negate Guts, if I'm not mistaken. But if you don't want Brave Bird, try Steel Wing. With Guts activated, it can do some serious damage to TTar.

U-turn will be doing the same damage as Steel Wing, only that it has 100% accuracy.

And for the thread starter: what is the point in changing your entire team now? you actually had something going for you with the first team but now you're just raising random ideas.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • TDB Leader, it would be oh so helpful to make your posts more legible ^_^ Thanks.

But as it's been pointed out, this team can't take hits to save its life. First, you have to focus on /THE/ powerhouse attackers, usually choice users and stat boosters. This, of course, requires the help of walling. Skarmory and blissey are obvious wall choices, let's see some others:

Physical Walls
    Skarmory
    Forretress
    Metagross (yes, it can wall)
    Steelix
    Donphan
    Gliscor
    Weezing

Special Walls
    Blissey
    Snorlax
    Regice
    Hypno
    Articuno

Mixed Walls
    Dusknoir
    Bronzong
    Cressi
    Suicune (I guess)
    Claydol
    Milotic

etc. etc.

Those were off the top of my head, I forgot some, so yeah. So anyways, looking at your current team, I see WAY too many special sweepers. If any of your walls can spin, replace starmie (or pory Z and run choice specs starmie). Otherwise, I'd replace Pory Z.

Anyways, the very special attackers you use gobble your team up. Get a reliable special wall. I wouldn't recommend regice or articuno since you have a lot of boltbeamers already. Maybe snorlax would be of benefit, but I'd give it crunch to deal with azelf and gengar.

As for the physical side of things, there are far more choices. I recommend skarmory for this team. And actually, all of your swepers hit very hard, but they often fail to OHKO. I'd consider putting dugtrio over togekiss or one of the other special sweepers and put in dugtrio. ESPECIALLY if you use skarmory or Forretress, as they fear Magneton. But magneton fears dugtrio, lol

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    i just want to no who will be bait for electrivire and evryone confuses me all i know is lucario is a no-no for what i was trying to doMain special sweeper:electrivrePesky thing to atrract elctric attacks and do some damage and relief spikes:Starmiedenfence wall and also reliefs spikes: Fortetresspyhsical sweeper:swellowBaton passer :togekissand i need a special defense guy that would be good for this team and yes ive been very confused but i dont think my team covered that good and evryone said i couldn't take a hit

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • well seeing as how most of this team you got off of me i can't help you much but the starmie is good, but i still don't see it as a threat no matter how many times i see it.

???

And Mr. Thread Starter, I would respond to your post, but I literally am having trouble reading it :0 Please use end punctuation to avoid all the confusion...I would stay on topic but I can't read the topic :0

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    no offense taken, he messed up the moves in my opinion and he took half of my team and half of another of my teams so it's no exactly like my "on hand" team

you lie but im sorry it's just my grammer sucks but i want a riable team that covers a lot and stamrie (bolt beamer) but im confused about pyhsical sweeper

also to the person that put those walls thank you but somone i can't think of a defensive moveset for a fortetress.

and yes i want to take my original team down because it really can't take a hit.

Back