• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Canadian government to announce marijuana legalization by July 1st, 2018

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Weed does. Medical companies and governments are in it for profit though so they don't want the definitive cure out there.

No. Medical companies have competition- the ones that make the cure the first make the most money. Governments have a compelling state interest to ensure their citizenry is healthy.

Years
    Weed does. Medical companies and governments are in it for profit though so they don't want the definitive cure out there.

I don't know if you're trolling or not.

From what evidence is this coming from and what qualifications do you have that allow you to interpret the evidence with such certainty?

Years
    No. Medical companies have competition- the ones that make the cure the first make the most money. Governments have a compelling state interest to ensure their citizenry is healthy.

What world are you living in? If governments really cared about our well being we'd be living in a world where a majority of our energy was green.

Medical companies wouldn't make a dime if it got out that weed does more than anything they could come out with.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    What world are you living in? If governments really cared about our well being we'd be living in a world where a majority of our energy was green.
    I dont think you understand how democracies work. Elected politicians must balance representing their voters, lobbyists, and their own personal ideals. Its pretty hard to pass green energy legislation in the US considering there is not enough voter support, lobbyists, or politicians wanting green energy. And many places in Europe are actually experimenting with green energy, which kinda weakens your argument. You must also recognize that markets have yet to adopt green energy and the economies of countries greatly affect what governments can do.

Nor do I think you understand that there are various well-backed up theories for economic progress, environmentalism, etc. The notion that governments dont care about our well being because of your unsubstantiated argument is arrogant.

Medical companies wouldn't make a dime if it got out that weed does more than anything they could come out with.

Provide evidence please: First, provide evidence that weed is so great. You have yet to do so and gimmepie already debunked the cancer cure argument. Second, provide evidence that medical companies wouldnt make a dime. Currently, the marijuana industry is thriving in Colorado- it is very profitable. What makes you think that marijuana is not profitable? And considering you think that marijuana is so freaking great, its a contradiction to claim that it is simultaneously not profitable. Its like saying smart phones were revolutionary, but not profitable. An obviously false statement because we have seen the success of Apple and other companies that produce and invent new technology for smart phones.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I believe the legal age should be raised to 21 because there were studies on how marijuana can partially damage brain cells to anyone under 21 who's smoking it, leading to memory loss.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Although I have no interest in it, It's been a trend for countries legalizing substances such as marijuana to have reduced crime rates and drug-associated deaths. I think it's a positive step. People are going to be buying and using no matter what; this just ensures that it's a monitored and regulated process.

Back