• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Capcom responds to disgruntled Dragon's Dogma 2 PC comments

Years
  • Capcom has responded to disgruntled Dragon's Dogma 2 PC players, and addressed the backlash to the game's controversial microtransactions and performance problems that have resulted in a 'mixed' user review rating on Valve's platform.

As IGN has reported, Dragon's Dogma 2 is currently embroiled in a vociferous debate about its day-one microtransactions, which let players pay real-world money for useful items in the $70 single-player action role-playing game.

Dragon's Dogma 2 has also run up against performance problems, even on powerful PCs, with frame-rate a particular issue.

Now, in a message directly addressing Dragon's Dogma 2 players on Steam, Capcom has responded to this backlash, saying:

"We would like to update you on the status of the following items, about which we have received numerous comments from the community. To all those looking forward to this game, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

Source:

Have any of you played Dragon's Dogma 2 yet via Steam? Any issues you noticed when playing?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I'm truly sorry, but I just can't help but laugh at how terribly pathetic that response is to the issues being raised. XD While I haven't played the game yet myself, I do (or did) have a ton of interest in playing it as a big fan of (most of) the first Dragon's Dogma, and now that I hear it's starting with DAY F***ING ONE micros? LMA-NO way in hell. XD Thanks so much for this thread, because you just saved me 70USD lol. I'll wait a couple years and buy it on sale. :p

Years
  • I don't care who the company is... idiotic, dumb and pointless micro-transactions should always be called out.
    For sure agreed. It's sad cause was so looking to get this game.

I haven't played the game yet myself, I do (or did) have a ton of interest in playing it as a big fan of (most of) the first Dragon's Dogma, and now that I hear it's starting with DAY F***ING ONE micros? LMA-NO way in hell. XD Thanks so much for this thread, because you just saved me 70USD lol. I'll wait a couple years and buy it on sale. :p
    Yeeep, it's made me lost interest in getting this game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It's kinda sad this is the way the game launched. As I understand it a lot of people were really excited for this game and were waiting quite a while for it, but like just about everything else, it became a victim of capitalism.

I never played the first one, but I was considering maybe getting DD2 sometime, but now that's certainly not happening anytime soon, if ever.

Years
  • It's kinda sad this is the way the game launched. As I understand it a lot of people were really excited for this game and were waiting quite a while for it, but like just about everything else, it became a victim of capitalism.

I never played the first one, but I was considering maybe getting DD2 sometime, but now that's certainly not happening anytime soon, if ever.
    Mhm, that is my understanding of this situation. I was all for Dragon's Dogma 2....buuut ugggh...

Years
  • I'm currently playing Dragon's Dogma 2 and to be honest, if the internet didn't overblow the microtransactions, I would have no idea they are in the game. Don't get me wrong, I think it's shitty to have microtransactions in the first place, especially introducing them on the launch, but they are so useless and you have to specifically search for them to even know about them. They are as useful as paying someone to tell you what happens on the next page of a book you're reading.

The game is fun otherwise and to be honest, I think the game will manage to survive for stupid backlash and will be one of the GOTY contenders, because everyone will already forget about this game's microtransactions by that time.

Years
  • I don't know enough about the situation to really comment but the idea of a game that is as expensive as DD2 already is also including micro-transactions is irritating to say the least. Gaming companies have been getting progressively more greedy over the years and it's making the hobby harder and harder for people to enjoy to the fullest as a result. I'm sure Janp is right and that it's not a P2W situation or anything but including the micro transactions at all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Back