• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cartoon Sequels

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There are plenty of cartoons which are just left there without any sequels at all. So, out of them all, which do you think that most deserves one? In my opinion, one would be The Flintstones. Used to watch it a lot as a kid, and would be great to see it continued. Dexter's Laboratory is another. Personally didn't watch it as much, but still. d:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hey Arnold, definitely. I've seen fan illustrations and comics of the gang as teenagers, and I must say that'd definitely be a show I'd watch. Plus, as I recall, the final episode was nothing special. I mean I guess there was the Hey Arnold Movie, but that wasn't exactly the perfect ending either.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I just got done watching a few episodes of Static Shock, and I would love something like that. I haven't gotten to the end of the series, and it's been too long for me to remember, but watching it now, that show was awesome. If the ending is one where Static can't be a hero anymore, then I guess just having another hero like him. You know, the urban kind. Just having the urban feel to it made the show have a pretty cool vibe.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Uh yeah Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy, Pretty much all of the shows from that little era.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'd love to see a sequel to the 2002 He-Man: Masters of the Universe reboot. That was one of the better reboots, and it NEEDED a third season. It had such a fantastic season two finale, and it was SUPPOSED to get a third season with Hordak as the primary antagonist, but it was cancelled. It really shouldn't have been; it's not often reboots are actually done right (I mean, look at the Biker Mice From Mars sequel series...) and it was a shame.

Whilst it finished fairly well, I'd love to see a sequel to Mummies Alive! too...and another season of Darkwing Duck wouldn't go amiss, either.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I actually despise most sequels. I can think of one cartoon that got a sequel that completely ruined the series for me, that being the old Ben 10, the one with the ten year old, baby-faced Ben and Gwen. The new series, Ben 10 Omniverse and all of its other offspring were total garbage compared to the original, the one I actually enjoyed.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Sequels, no. Rugrats All Grown Up has shown me that this is very a bad idea.

But I'd like to see old shows like Scooby-Doo or The Flintstones see a revival someday. Also Disney and Looney Tunes shorts.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Sequels, no. Rugrats All Grown Up has shown me that this is very a bad idea.

But I'd like to see old shows like Scooby-Doo or The Flintstones see a revival someday. Also Disney and Looney Tunes shorts.

I have to agree. Some sequels are alright but I definitely would rather them just revive older shows. ^-^

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I would love to see sequels to old classics such as Courage the Cowardly Dog and Samurai Jack.
    How would sequels to those even be handled? Courage moves to another town in the middle of nowhere? Old enemies return? If that evil duck makes a comeback my ten year old self will be running for the hills. As for Samurai Jack... that'd be chill

Years
  • I'd love to see Dexter's Lab...maybe a better all grown up scenario. Ohhh, Johnny Bravo! Maybe the final episode, he finally gets a girl?

Back