• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch of the Day

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Of course, after working so hard to collect the necessary Magikarps to evolve mine into a Gyarados (which I did), minutes later I catch a wild one.
    Spoiler:

IV-wise, the one I evolved is stronger, but the secondary move is terribad compared to the one I caught in the wild (has the best moveset). Also I want to laugh at the weight-height ratio differences between the two.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Caught my first jynx this morning. Sure, they may be among the ugliest of all Pokemon ever (beaten only by Mr. Mime), but it's a good one for the Pokedex all the same. Yesterday I managed to collect a bunch of things I needed the candy for two, one of which was the gastly I needed to evolve one into a haunter. Just need another 100 candies now...

Years
    Caught my first Koffing, it's been a struggle to find new Pokemon recently but found him on a walk home :)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    when i opened the app to list my recent catches my first pidgeotto spawned and i caught him; he is the second strongest member of my team. i caught a golbat, koffing, psyduck, a very weak fearow, and i hatched my first egg which was a magikarp.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Of course, after working so hard to collect the necessary Magikarps to evolve mine into a Gyarados (which I did), minutes later I catch a wild one.
    Spoiler:

IV-wise, the one I evolved is stronger, but the secondary move is terribad compared to the one I caught in the wild (has the best moveset). Also I want to laugh at the weight-height ratio differences between the two.
    I like how a difference of 120 KG classes them both as XS... Nice job on the evolution though, blimey that thing is strong.

My best catch so far today has been a wild Lapras! It was only about 240 CP so not at all usable (compared to my other one especially) but I won't moan at four extra Lapras candy :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Today's chatching is an execute (445 CP). I'm waiting to evolve. evolvecalulator says: it will be (MAX) 1215 CP Exeggutor.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    I don't like to catch evolved pokemon because it registers with +500 exp to pokedex. If I evolve when I use luckyEgg i can get +1000 exp.

Years
    Hatched this guy last night:

Spoiler:

Given that it was a 10k egg I wasn't sure how to feel about it. On one hand, it's a Pokemon that is totally foreign to the area I live in. On the other, it's a base pokemon that I may never be able to evolve... In any case, definitely goes down as catch of the day.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Since PC was down for maintenance last night, I couldn't share with you all my latest pretty:
    Spoiler:

He just appeared last night - outta the blue! Everyone playing GO in like a block radius started shouting. It was hilarious.

Years
    Since PC was down for maintenance last night, I couldn't share with you all my latest pretty:
    Spoiler:

He just appeared last night - outta the blue! Everyone playing GO in like a block radius started shouting. It was hilarious.

Phenomenal. Have you checked it's IV score?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Today I caught an Ivysaur, it's kind of funny since I haven't seen a Bulbasaur. It's cp was 151.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Catch of the day so far is a 560 CP Fearow... hooray! Not sure I'll be able to catch anything better than that today with the heavy rain but I'll sure try my best.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Got my first charmander at 1 am today. I think it's cp is around 128-138.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

!! :D Not my catch of the day, but catch of yesterday - just popped up during lunch.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    What I WISH was catch of the day:

Spoiler:

What ACTUALLY was my catch of the day (no joke):

Spoiler:

:|

Last edited:
    Years
    So yesterday the best and arguably worst thing happened. My girlfriend and I set up a lure module at a Pokestop and were ready to catch some Pokemon, next thing a Blastoise shows up on our nearby tracker. We tracked it down and after getting so excited, well it turns out like this...

Spoiler:

Managed to catch an Arbok though so that's my catch of the day ;)

Back