• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 4: everyone get on the battle server!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • OMG this is a blessing in disguise. If he wins this, he saves himself and me. I think he should be the one who's gonna battle considering he is the more experienced battler ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I can Shiftry.

Edit; there's only five mons on it's r/s and five on emerald team and I need houndoom so I can use it right?

Wait can I use kalos mons?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sidney is a member of the Elite Four, so he doesn't appear in the PWT. And Antemortem said above that if you don't have a complete team, you can fill the missing spot with any Pokemon of your type. So I think you're allowed to use Houndoom.

Although, between R/S and Emerald, Sidney uses six Pokemon. (Mightyena, Cacturne, Shiftry, Sharpedo, Absol, and Crawdaunt).

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Even though the Sidney Vs Caitlin is ours, we should be careful of what the physics can do like Focus Blast. Just make sure that one hit won't kill the dark types, same for Signal Beam. Recommended not using Cacturne or Shiftry because Signal Beam will cost you dearly. So if you can, use Houndoom.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hello, I'll gladly battle for the honour of Team Spheal. I shall post in the thread thing now.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • If we still haven't officially decided between Isaac and myself, here's the team I came up with if anybody wanted to assess it or determine whether I suck and Isaac should be the battler, lol.

I let Showdown determine the EVs and Natures, so those are definitely open to change.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Your team isn't viable I'll tell you why later. I vote Isaac

Actually you coupd... but only if zeffy or I fix your team first. You should read smogon for help because yea that isn't really viable sorry :(

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • I practically know nothing of the metagame. Even if I would read up, it probably would take too much time to build a team and a strategy -.-'

Talking about a Zigzagoon spot here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Any suggestions on Steven team's movesets? Cradily, Armaldo and Archeops are so odd. :(

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Your team isn't viable I'll tell you why later. I vote Isaac

Actually you coupd... but only if zeffy or I fix your team first. You should read smogon for help because yea that isn't really viable sorry :(

oh I know it sucks. I'm not much for building competitive teams yet (it's always hit or miss for me), especially out of those pokémon; I've never used any of them. I made this team quickly and without using Smogon, so that's probably why it sucks so bad, lol.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Alright I'll do it. Still tho, can you guys recommend me any Ice type Pokemon against Bisharp and his team? I have an empty 6th slot, and I feel safer if I get some advice from you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    So after seeing confessional #9, if you REALLY want to battle but we've decided on someone else, just post and ask! The representative of each pokémon role is only risking himself to be eliminated, so it's not like we absolutely have to win, except Zeffy, since he can save Leijon as well by winning.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    this is gonna be my team battling soon

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
    Ability: Solar Power
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Destiny Bond

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Protect
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch

Absol @ Life Orb
    Ability: Super Luck
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Knock Off

Shiftry @ Life Orb
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Giga Drain
    - Dark Pulse
    - Sucker Punch

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Encore
    - Seed Bomb
    - Sunny Day

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overcoat
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Knock Off
    - Foul Play
    - Roost

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Okay so I'm representing Metagross and Isaac Walrein, what about Dusclops and the other Zigzagoon?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • I was winning... up until Jellicent used 2 Acid Armors. Arrrrgh! Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming. Acid Armor, Roost, Will-O-Wisp, Acid Armor, stallstallicebeamdead arrrgh
    I forgot how FAT that thing was!

Back