• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 4: everyone get on the battle server!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • Ï'm not a good battler at all, so I definitely won't be representing Walrein unless I have to.

Then that would leave it between Isaac and me.

I'm not the best battler, but I can if need be. I have some experience with the battle server, and since I'll have an idea of what to expect from the opposing team I might have a better chance than if I were to just go up against one of those major competitive battlers that typically wipe the floor with me, lol.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I think we can use one or two pokemon each from Hoenn that they can't use but falls in there types...

So I was just making sure because Drake doesn't use pokemon like Garchomp and we need him to ever so beat Shauntal's Froslass.

Besides that, Flygon's Crunch can kill most of the ghost types. Kingdra can kill Golurk and Chandelure with Waterfall. He can also kill Drifblim with Ice Beam. Plus, most dragon types are good attackers so we have this.

Just beware of some ghost effective moves like sleeping moves and confusion moves. Plus, grudge can reduce the moves' PP. Just make sure you strike first for safety.

Years
  • I think we can use one or two pokemon each from Hoenn that they can't use but falls in there types...

So I was just making sure because Drake doesn't use pokemon like Garchomp and we need him to ever so beat Shauntal's Froslass.

Besides that, Flygon's Crunch can kill most of the ghost types. Kingdra can kill Golurk and Chandelure with Waterfall. He can also kill Drifblim with Ice Beam. Plus, most dragon types are good attackers so we have this.

Just beware of some ghost effective moves like sleeping moves and confusion moves. Plus, grudge can reduce the moves' PP. Just make sure you strike first for safety.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A high speed Fire Blast/Crunch should take care of Froslass.
    Like I said, I'm not super confident about my battling skills, but I'll go if you guys want me to.

Also, what Pokemon should Drake's team consist of? He has 5 different Pokemon, leaving an extra slot. Does that mean I wouldn't be able to add something like a Dragonite since it's not from Hoenn?

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
  • I am slee[p deprived and drunk and thuss cannot gfrasp whats going on but i fisj you the best bof luyvk guys and gallades and gardevoirs

you get it

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I really suck at battling so I'd prefer not to battle if I can choose, so if any of the other shiftry's want to, go right ahead:)

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • From what I understand, you can use a combination of Pokemon from both Drake and Iris since Iris also has a Salamence on her team. I could be wrong though.

If you're not confident about battling, I'll do it. I was just hoping that you had triple the experience I do in singles. lol.

Edit: Wait what I don't understand what got switched and the rules huh

Years
  • I'm less confident about my battling experience, but more confident about the type advantage we have over a Shauntal team in terms of moves available, which kind of balances it out.
    You can go if you want to, or I can. I think you might have more experience battling, though.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Hopefully we can do that. Anyway, do I even need to discuss a tactic for Caitlin Vs Sidney? I'm just saying, we have the dark guy and psychic moves won't do a thing to Sidney's pokemon. Now there's just Marshal and Phoebe to go over.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Alright, I'll do it. Mind you, I still don't know whether I'm going off of Iris's team, Drake's team, or a combination of both. If I'm understanding this properly, I'm using Drake's team but using something off Iris's team for the 6th 'mon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I think you can use any dragon-type to complete your party.

So far we have:

Milotic: Zeffy (?)
    Metagross: Christos (?)
    Walrein:
    Salamence: Griffinbane
    Dusclops: Marisa (frequents the battle server so maybe?)
    Shiftry: Forever (?)
    Zigzagoon: Necrum
    Zigzagoon: ?

Years
  • That's what I would've done. Drake's team + Hydreigon.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching/hearing about our victory. Crunch/Dark Pulse is your friend.
    Good luck!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • For clarification, I never said anything about combining Drake and Iris' teams. Your team must be based on the NPC listed in the post, but if you don't have a complete team, you can fill in the gap with another Pokemon of that type.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I guess it is me? (Walrein)

Anyway, cannot really garantee victory since I am Ice Team vs Bisharp who can learn fighting moves and own me ;.;

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    It's either you or Nakuzami. I guess you could post your team and movesets so other team members could suggest improvements you could make?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Yes that is why I am waiting for her reply xD. As for my team, you shouldn't worry, I am familiar with the server and I can battle ;P I'm still building my team.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Grimsley and Glacia, that battle we also should prepare for the worst. Marshal Vs Phoebe and Caitlin Vs Sidney, those battles we won greatly. Hopefully more members in Team Spheal will be more opened with the battling. We're always here to give advice!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • My original reply came one minute after yours, Isaac, lol. Must have missed it because of that.

I can battle, but I'm not the best battler. I'm not the worst, either, though. I've used the Showdown server before, so I know how it works.

I guess it really just comes down to which one of us wants to do it?

Back