• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    Nuzlocke rules but also once you a beat a gym you must retire (perma box) your highest level Pokemon used in the gym battle.
    Other rules:
    1) can only have one of each species of Pokemon alive or dead
    2) no legendaries
    3) cannot buy revives but can use found revives to bring back dead or retired Pokemon. This is the only way to bring Pokemon back.
    4) no item during battles
    5) cannot reuse starters when replaying.

I've played this rules all throughout my childhood. Now trying to get back into Pokemon. Have fun.
    Tip: always be switch training someone. Think multiple gyms ahead. Don't over level any of your Pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moving this to Challenges to merge with the Challenge Idea and Discussion thread. You're more likely to get advice there than here.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    I don't know if anybody else thought of this yet, but early game pokemon challenge. You can only use your starter and the pokemon you catch on the early routes, such as rattata and pidgey. There would be a certain point where you can no longer catch any pokemon, like in rby would be cerulean city, in gsc it would be goldenrod city. What do you think?

Years
  • Bug Catcher challenge: The only Pokemon allowed for you in battle is a bug type. You have to catch any kind of bug type Pokemon as soon as possible, and from that point only bug type Pokemons are allowed in battle. You have to catch every single wild bug type encounter, and if you run from/faint a wild bug type, you have to release one of your bug types. If you do not have any more bug types left, you lose the challenge and you have to restart the game. Catching other Pokemons is allowed, but not for battling purposes. If you lose in a battle (left with no Pokemons at all, of all types) you have to release two bug types. If all bug type Pokemons on your party faint and you are left only with non-bug type pokemons, use them to continue the battle. Then heal your bug tpyes as soon as possible when finished. (Again; if you lose, you have to release two bug types.) Using repels in foreset is not allowed.
    I hope you like this challenge. I tried making it as much bug type related, balanced and not impossible.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    I don't know if anybody else thought of this yet, but early game pokemon challenge. You can only use your starter and the pokemon you catch on the early routes, such as rattata and pidgey. There would be a certain point where you can no longer catch any pokemon, like in rby would be cerulean city, in gsc it would be goldenrod city. What do you think?

Something very similar was on the forums like, 3 years ago. I have no idea how I remembered it off the top of my head, I didn't even finish the dang thing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Pokemon Transforming X

So,I'm thinking on doing a challenge(my first one,at that!) one somewhat unique.

I'm gonna try to beat Pokemon X,first town with a Pokecenter all the way to Diantha...with a team composed of six Dittos!

I used Power Saves only to clone my level 13 Ditto on Alpha Sapphire,to ensure all six Dittos have the exact same level and stats on the start. Their ability will be Imposter,to Transform immediatly as the battle begins.

Now,here are the rules I'm imposing to myself:

All main story battles must be fought by the Dittos,including the Gym Leaders and Diantha.

Healing items and equipment items are allowed,though no Pokeball may be on the inventory unless they are needed.

The only instance a Pokemon is allowed to be caught is before parts that demand an HM(As obviously Ditto can't learn any),and even so,the sixth Ditto must return to the party as soon as possible.

Legends and gift Pokemon are allowed to be caught,however,but they must be transfered via Pokebank to Alpha Sapphire as soon as they are caught to keep the run Ditto only even on post game battles. Only Pokemon allowed to stay on X's boxes are HM slaves that are needed to proceed.

What do you guys think of this? ^_^ Any suggestions or oppinions? ^_^

Years
  • Is there any challenge that involve multiplayer? Like a group of people do a challenge, and after every gym they could battle each other for some reward? Like for pinks, or like for a Nuzlocke a revival etc?

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Is there any challenge that involve multiplayer? Like a group of people do a challenge, and after every gym they could battle each other for some reward? Like for pinks, or like for a Nuzlocke a revival etc?

I think this would be pretty difficult to set up, because people might get discouraged or lack time to play, but it is insanely fun. It's something I sometimes do with irl friends, we do a speedrun, then battle at the end. So not only do we need to go through the game fast, but we also need a decent team in the meanwhile :P. If we have a way to battle reliable, I'd love to join this though. Or we could just do it with both of us, if nobody else is interested.

Years
  • Well I have a very exclusive challenge, of sorts. Remember how in Gen 4 there were blue and red towns/cities? What if you can only use the pokécenters in blue towns (once per visit, and no medicines allowed), and flying are disallowed. You also cannot turn go back to places the same way you got to where you were if possible. Sorry if this goes over something already said, but 200+ pages is a little much x_x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    No Capture Challenge

No Capture Challenge

1: You cannot use Pokemon you capture in the wild in battle.
    2: You cannot use Pokemon transferred from another game in battle.
    3: You can use event Pokemon, as long as you received them in that game or the demo.
    4: You can use Pokemon that join you from Isle Abeens.
    5: Soft resetting to get the natures you want is allowed.

Anyone interested in trying this challenge for their Sun & Moon play-through?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So basically a gift challenge? That's not exclusive to Sun/Moon, actually. It's able to be done in pretty much every main game, though it's harder in some as compared to others, like RSE where there aren't many gift Pokemon. But yeah, feel free to post it if you'd like. There doesn't seem to be an active thread for it at the moment.

Years
  • Now to see if my challenge gets approved, cause I forgot to add something to it.

(Sorry for sending it in 3 times, the last time I sent it in is the correct one, just needs a quick edit)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I normally wouldn't discuss this publicly, but since you've already mentioned forgetting something and I just reviewed it, did you forget to add your sign up?

Years
  • I normally wouldn't discuss this publicly, but since you've already mentioned forgetting something and I just reviewed it, did you forget to add your sign up?

Yeah, that was an error on my part. I was going to add that after it gets added.

Honestly, I don't mind that challenge not being added, since my newest one is the one I put 2 hours into by typing and re-typing and re-typing it up. I will be participating in the new challenge I made, once it gets posted, I'll probably be the 1st comment on it.

If there is a problem, I will add myself to the PARTICIPANTS list in the main challenge post and re-send it back in. To be honest, I completely forgot abot the other challenge I made before my Gender oriented one.

[RE-UPDATED my newest challenge to include a video, better picture examples, and a few grammatical fixes]
    (Sorry for re-sending it in again...)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That's fine, but in the future, please try to proofread your challenge before submitting so that you don't send it so many times. Also keep in mind that I do have a full-time job, so if you submit it and a few hours later are already asking me about it, I probably haven't gotten home to see it. Challenges are usually approved in at least 24 hours so I ask for patience during that time and if 24 hours pass without it being approved or hearing from me, then you're free to ask me about it. Thanks!

Years
  • That's fine, but in the future, please try to proofread your challenge before submitting so that you don't send it so many times. Also keep in mind that I do have a full-time job, so if you submit it and a few hours later are already asking me about it, I probably haven't gotten home to see it. Challenges are usually approved in at least 24 hours so I ask for patience during that time and if 24 hours pass without it being approved or hearing from me, then you're free to ask me about it. Thanks!

Sure thing boss, sorry for messing up a bunch.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's okay, I see you only just joined this month, haha. I did plenty of sillier stuff when I first got on forums years ago. You're doing miles better than me. ;)

So, anyone else playing the Halloween event?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    It's okay, I see you only just joined this month, haha. I did plenty of sillier stuff when I first got on forums years ago. You're doing miles better than me. ;)

So, anyone else playing the Halloween event?

I am, momma birdie, but there's a chit chat section for this kinda stuff xD I always though this was strictly for discussing challenge ideas xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • To tell you the truth, I'm axing that one soon. I thought having this and that one was redundant, so it's going bye bye. This is challenge ideas and discussion, after all. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back