• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

How many hacks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
Years
  • i only seem inactive because no one posts in this thread, therefore i dont, because them almost all the posts in this thread would be from me and it would be as if i were talking to myself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    i hope this will be better then the first one i played because that one needed work.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    i guessd the hack lack of updates thats why no 1 post there comments etc.. well GL to ur :D

Busted 101

Majestic but Crazed
    Years
  • A good different name for the hack could be Pokemon Amok Black Version or Pokemon Discourt Black Version.

Last edited:

idrum4all2see

Drummer for life
    Years
  • I Like the name Pokemon Chaos Black: Echoes of the Temporal

It lets people that its still Chaos Black, but with alot of work to it, and that its going to be continued.

Like what they did with Red and Blue to Fire red and Leaf Green.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I guess I got used to the "Chaos Black", so I really wont understand the change, but if you think it's better having a name change, go ahead.

Anyway, since talking about name changes is a bit boring, is there anything more exciting that you guys could tell us about the game (or its changes, other than the name), Enix or mewthree?

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • I Like the name Pokemon Chaos Black: Echoes of the Temporal

It lets people that its still Chaos Black, but with alot of work to it, and that its going to be continued.

Like what they did with Red and Blue to Fire red and Leaf Green.

Yeah, thats what i was hoping. Because you saw through it i am pleased, and the full hack name will probably be Pokemon Chaos Black: Echoes of the Temporal

I guess I got used to the "Chaos Black", so I really wont understand the change, but if you think it's better having a name change, go ahead.

Anyway, since talking about name changes is a bit boring, is there anything more exciting that you guys could tell us about the game (or its changes, other than the name), Enix or mewthree?

I really dont know what people want to hear about, but im always free to be asked any questions you may ask.

I will tell you what will be planned to happen, may not sound all that exciting, but there will be many trainers who start their journey at the same time as you (like 5 rivals or such)

Two will take the two pokemon that you dont pick, and one (your true rival) will get a pokemon from someone else (the one that beats yours of course) and then you can pick from the remaining two starters there.

So you get to pick a starter pokemon from two different sets of pokemon.

Also, tehre will be lots of overworld event pokemon.

all this SHOULD be done by the beta, but i havent had time to do anything on it lately, and havent been able to get much contact in with mewthree.

Also, about the name change? Not sure if i said it earlier, but while people here know that what i release will be a later version, because my proof of concept version was so widely distributed, if i didn't change its name it would have been overlooked. Or because it WAS such an early version, people would think the newer version would be as equally horrible.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I've followed this since I first got interested in ROM hacks last year, this was the first one I played. I can't wait for it to be finished (hopefully it will be).

Good luck :)

dinosaur77777hacks

pokemon hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    ive played the original and i fought it was great.

(i got a little pissed when i got stuck in mount moon....after that i just stoped playing)

but this looks even better

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • got some name ideas.

pokémon chaotic darkness & pokémon blinding justice.

new names, same concept.

I see, but i am only doing one game now, and its CB: echoes of the temporal. Also, your opposites are less opposite than my almost non opposite game names.

Maybe if you were a couple of months earlier, i may have considered them :P

yeah you've got a point there
    coz he forgot to edit the pokedex

forgot to, or hadn't got around to it yet?

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Any progress reports since Sep 15?
    I loved the Alpha (anyone who played that and thought it was ever meant to be called finished is an EE-DEE-IE-OH-TEE) and can't wait for the Beta release!

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Any progress reports since Sep 15?
    I loved the Alpha (anyone who played that and thought it was ever meant to be called finished is an EE-DEE-IE-OH-TEE) and can't wait for the Beta release!

Yes actually, especially over the last couple of days. I tried playing through the current version, and i could not stand the routes, so i decided to start recreating the routes. No more complex mazes for the first route (but i will have a complex maze at some point in the game).

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Yes actually, especially over the last couple of days. I tried playing through the current version, and i could not stand the routes, so i decided to start recreating the routes. No more complex mazes for the first route (but i will have a complex maze at some point in the game).
    Suggestion: if possible, why not make one of the forests include a mazelike section with lots of trainers, berries, and hidden items hidden in it? It would make it so that you could entice them into going in there, without forcing them (as forcing them to do an insanely difficult maze just to get from one town to another would put them off the game) as well as enabling you to put grass all over the place for random battles, while still having spots to rest in that a cave wouldn't offer (since you can get a fight anywhere in there).
    It would also allow you to, say, put in hidden areas that only persistent players would find? Say put the entrance to the second forest hidden inside the first forest (to represent going deeper) and then further into the deep, mazelike region, have caves with their own special things? say have several caves and a specific pokémon can only be found in one of them, and only rarely at that...
    Oh man... the whiners who weren't smart enough to tell that was an ALPHA would probably never finish the Pokédex, but people who love the game would enjoy the challenge! (Think along the lines of how rewarding it is to finaly catch a Feebas)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back