• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Chapters 1/2

Best format for FTE? (Details: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9938264#post9938264)

• Option 1: One story, one map

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 2: One story, two maps

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Option 3: Two stories, two maps

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
  • Um C11 isn't a valid starting spot. As I noted before, we have two starting areas: A 4x3(or 3x4 who cares) up North and a 2x7(or 7x2, who cares right?) down South. They're colored Blue-ish, which is a bit hard to make out with the tile background kind of masking it :D

Do you have a suggestion? I am a bit unsure of where to start

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Do you have a suggestion? I am a bit unsure of where to start

Well a few posts back I did a mock placement of everyone with the following post having mock Round 1 moves based on those placements(Caite already deviated from the mock so I have to adapt lol) but in a nut shell you can pretty much start anywhere on the map that is overlayed with Blue diagonal lines(wish I could cut an individual square to show you but I lack such know how). There are two areas to choose from: 3x4 grid up north(G-J for column, 21-23 for row) and 2x7 grid down South(D-J for columns, 1-2 for rows). In my mock I had you placed at J1 but really you can go anywhere you want since your Phase movement ability permits you to literally go anywhere).

I'll also add that for those new to the game, we have Battle#1 as a reference for you to look at, including the starting placement decision process.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Swamp level? That's just great! As I already wasn't fed up with them from playing Fire Emblem: Echoes nonstop these last few days. At least it doesn't hurt us.

Krakonos(I don't know why I keep spelling it with an "a") G22 to E21(marsh be damned); Use Cut on Paras-B

Ohh, you noticed? I planned on telling you once the game is over.

Anyway, I think I'll start at G22 as suggested.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Swamp level? That's just great! As I already wasn't fed up with them from playing Fire Emblem: Echoes nonstop these last few days. At least it doesn't hurt us.

Ohh, you noticed? I planned on telling you once the game is over.

Anyway, I think I'll start at G22 as suggested.

Might have something to do with the fact this tablet auto-corrects to Krakanos as opposed to Krakonos.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So here are move suggestions going off the suggested placements I have in previous post. Again these are tentative and do not have to be followed. Heck I welcome feedback/alternative suggestions.

North Group:
    Mags stays at H22 and uses Light Screen <- boosting Sp.Def of all nearby allies
    Cuddles I21 to L21; Use Astonish on Wooper-C
    Lily stays at I22; Use Magical Leaf on Wooper-C <- finishing it off
    Solstice H21 to I19; Use Vine Whip on Wooper-B
    Felix G21 to E18; Use Spark on Croagunk-B
    Krakonos(I don't know why I keep spelling it with an "a") G22 to E21(marsh be damned); Use Cut on Paras-B
    Elwind G23 to E22; Use Feint on Paras-B <- KO? Let's pray for a Critical Hit!
    Mercy to H19; Use Double Team while covering Solstice's left flank(won't protect him from Pidove though) or G23 to H19; Use Shadow Sneak on Wooper-B <- finishing it off most likely

South Group:
    Robin stays at G1; Use Reflect to raise Defense of nearby allies
    Coral stays at I1; Use Helping Hand
    Rinnia F1 to D1; Use Confusion on Croagunk-A
    Hit G2 to G4; Use Wing Attack on Skorupi-A
    Meta F2 to G3; Use Quick Attack on Skorupi-A <- KOing it if Hit doesn't; else use Agility because mobility is awesome
    Alex D2 to C2; Grab item or D2 to D3; Use Quick Attack on Croagunk-A <- KO if Rinnia doesn't OHKO
    Mozilla H2 to N1; Use Ember on Paras-A
    Nah J2 to I5; Use Dragon Rage on Wooper-A
    Linus H1 to J2; Use Razor Leaf on Wooper-A <- KO it
    WooWoo J1 to K2; No Action
    Priscilla I2 to H7; Use Spark on Surskit <- Helping Hand boost may be enough to KO it with Spark but you can also do Nuzzle.

Almost positive he has Effect Spore ability for Paras(Dry Skin with me on the field? Oh hell no). Meaning Krakonos might be in for a rude awakening on the Cut attack. Should try and refrain from using Water Type moves until that Shellos is removed. Storm Drain ability would be wicked....

Quoting above for reference and to illustrate changes/discussions I've had recently.

North Group:
    Solstice: Starts at H21; Moves to I19 to Vine Whip Wooper-B
    Mercy: Starts at H23; Moves to H19 and uses Shadow Sneak on Wooper-B to *hopefully* finish it off
    Felix: Starts at G21J22; Moves to J17 IFF Wooper B is gone and uses Spark on Starly before that damn Stunfisk uses Mud Sport
    Cuddles: Starts at I21; Moves to L21 to use Astonish on Wooper-C
    Lily: Starts at I22; Stays put and uses Magical Leaf on Wooper-C to KO it
    Krakonos: Starts at G22; Moves to E21 to use Cut on Paras-B. May get Effect Spore ability activation
    Elwind: Starts at G23; Moves into the mucky Marsh at E22 to use Feint on Paras-B. Hopefully it's enough to KO it but take homage in the fact it's not high enough level to X-Scissor. Knows Fury Cutter though.

South Group:
    Mags: Starts at D2; Moves to G3 to use it's Corsola Twig to Attack Skorupi-A. Done for Intelligence gathering reasons.
    Robin: Starts at G1; Stays put and uses Reflect to boost Defense of nearby Allies.
    Coral: Starts at I1; Stays put and uses Helping Hand to boost Attack of Linus, Mozilla, Priscilla and Nah
    Rinnia: Starts at F1; Moves into the mucky marsh at D1 to use Confusion on Croagunk-A. Should KO it being a x4 move. If not, we got strength in numbers.
    Alex: Starts at D2E2; Moves to D3 and uses Quick Attack on Croagunk-A if still alive. If not, move to C2 to grab the item.
    Hit: Starts at G2; Moves to G4 to Wing Attack Skorupi-A
    Meta: Starts at F2; Moves to F5 and uses Quick Attack on Skorupi-A if still alive, else use Agility to boost mobility.
    Priscilla: Starts at I2; Races/Moves to H7 to use Spark(or Nuzzle, your call) on Surskit before that damn Stunfisk ruins things with that Mud Sport. Plus I don't like Surskit's Bubblebeam.
    Nah: Starts at J2; Moves to I5 and uses Dragon Rage on Wooper-A. Take Down is boosted by Helping Hand but the recoil makes me hesitant to use it(plus the 85% Accuracy don't help).
    Linus: Starts at H1; Moves to J2 to use Razor Leaf on Wooper-A which ought to KO it.
    Mozilla: Starts at H2; Moves to L3 to use Ember on Paras-A. May not be enough to KO it but with Helping Hand and x4(possibly x5!), we shall see.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Swamp level? That's just great! As I already wasn't fed up with them from playing Fire Emblem: Echoes nonstop these last few days. At least it doesn't hurt us.
    it could be worse

it could be a poison swamp cantor map

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2023
    I don't know how fond I am of putting Linus in an area that exposes him to so many Poison-types that likely also have Dark-type moves as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Wouldn't it make more sense if I started in Marshland because it won't cost me extra moves because I float instead of someone who can't float or fly?

Years
  • As suggested, I'll start in G1!

I haven't played Echoes yet but from what I've heard it gives everyone who plays it swamp-phobia, so might as well get a little taste of that here.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I don't know how fond I am of putting Linus in an area that exposes him to so many Poison-types that likely also have Dark-type moves as well.

Gulpin knows mostly poison but he's stuck in Marshland with 4 movement(so he can't reach you on Round 1 unless his attacks are range). Pidgey might be a problem with Gust but otherwise can't harm you with Normal moves(you're part Ghost) and Ekans likely has Poison Sting, Bite and Glare(ugh Paralysis... anyone with Cheri Berries?). Ekans can't reach you but can go after me so yeah.

Wouldn't it make more sense if I started in Marshland because it won't cost me extra moves because I float instead of someone who can't float or fly?

You can start wherever you want. I had you up north to give the group a battlefield buff in Light Screen(which would last three or two turns now). However, I think I like your new spot because I want to test Shellos' ability to see if its the vaunted Storm Drain. If it has that ability, it will mean our Water Types cant use Water Type moves until Shellos falls.

Edit* Figure I'll make my placement official: Mozilla will start at H2. I'll make my Round 1 move sometime tomorrow after everyone has been placed on the map.

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    Sure, I'll start at G2. And also, I'd rather have this than a fog of war desert map.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Fog of War was a nightmare in Advance Wars although if Lycan decides to bring strong sunlight than 'Double Time' will be a thing or time and a half in this case which still means a very speedy Bulb Pokemon. (Fun fact - I normally play as Sami on Advance Wars).

Lily the Petilil will follow the Fire Vulpix's advice and use Magical Leaf on Wooper C.

Years
  • Flashbacks to Arcadia.

Is that the Binding Blade chapter with Sophia, Cecilia and the berserker twins? Lol that map was absurd, especially if you wanted the hidden objects. It's probably the stupidest desert map I've played in FE.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • As discussed with Code, Felix will be starting at J22!

Cuddles turned out perfectly, haha! And omg Shpinx is super cute in magenta. :D

Fog of War was a nightmare in Advance Wars

Tell me about it! I managed to beat Black Hole Rising but not the first due to Fog of War — if I can find the game card I'd love to try again.

I haven't played Echoes yet but from what I've heard it gives everyone who plays it swamp-phobia, so might as well get a little taste of that here.

Yup, prepare yourself for a whole lot of swamp maps, haha. Personally I didn't find them nearly as bad as maps like the Desert Stronghold (you waste countless turns just getting across the sand), but swamps are way less aesthetically pleasing. :P Still, it's a great game and I'd totally recommend it! Waaaay better than Awakening and Fates in my opinion.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Alrighty, so we have four left to check-in:

Priscilla <- I believe I saw her online not too long ago so I'm pretty sure she knows
    Elwind <- He's been busy this week but with Lycan quoting him, he should know. I'll poke him on Discord
    Meta <- ditto with Skystrike...
    Cuddles <- not sure where Hypermorian is though. Will poke sometime today

Anyways, if everyone adopts my mock placement, here's the order of movement to be carried out:

North Group:
    Solstice moves first to I19; Uses Vine Whip on Wooper-B(x4 should deal tons of damage, maybe a OHKO)
    Mercy moves to H19; Uses Shadow Sneak on Wooper-B if its still alive(hopefully KO'ing it if it still is alive) or using Double Team if its not
    With Wooper-B out of the way, Felix moves to J17; Uses Spark on Starly(shocking that bird hard before Stunfisk uses Mud Sport(I know he has that move goddamnit))
    Cuddles moves to L21; Uses Astonish on Wooper-C(mildly damaging it)
    Lily stays put at I22; Uses Magical Leaf on Wooper-C(x4 damage ought to KO it)
    Krakonos moves to E21; Uses Cut on Paras-B(chance of Effect Spore harming him with a status)
    Elwind moves to E22(behind Krakonos); Uses Feint(range 1-2) on Paras-B(hopefully enough to KO it and perhaps its a Critical Hit)

South Group:
    Mags moves to G3; Uses Corsola Twig on Skorupi-A(This is done to test Shellos' ability. Being a ranged water attack, this should activate Storm Drain ability if Shellos has it. If not, it has Sticky Hold or the ability doesn't activate for item attacks. Plus I want to deal some damage on Skorupi to remove him from play)
    Robin stays put; Uses Reflect to boost Defense of Linus, Mozilla, Hit, and Meta(Rinnia too if she was at F1, no biggie though)
    Coral stays put; Uses Helping Hand to boost Attack/Special Attack of Linus, Priscilla, WooWoo, Mozilla and Nah
    Nah moves to H5; Uses Dragon Rage on Skorupi-A(Take Down would be too risky and I want to save Sand Tomb PP for other Poison Types)
    Hit moves to G4; Uses WIng Attack on Skorupi-A(x2 move that ought to deal significant damage, possibly KOing it after Nah's move)
    Meta moves to H6; Use Quick Attack on Surskit. This move is very risky with all the Poison Types around but this isn't Generation 1 where Poison is Super Effective on Bug Types. Furthermore, by doing this move, it all but ensures that Priscilla finishes that Bug/Water Pokemon off.
    Priscilla moves to H7; Uses Spark on Surskit
    Rinnia stays put at D1; Uses Confusion on Croagunk-A
    If Croagunk-A survives, Alex moves to D3; Uses Quick Attack on Croagunk-A, else Alex moves to C2; Grabs item.
    Linus moves to J2; Uses Razor Leaf on Wooper-A(x4 move that should KO it)
    WooWoo moves to J4; Uses Night Shade on Wooper-A if still alive, else no action
    Mozilla moves to L3; Uses Ember on Paras-A(x4, maybe x5 if Dry Skin. Seriously wounding it, if not OHKO)

If our luck holds, all three Woopers, Skorupi-A, Croagunk-A, Paras-B and Surskit ought to fall in Round 1(with Paras-A severely wounded or falling too. I don't think Felix could OHKO Starly).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back