• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Chapters 1/2

Best format for FTE? (Details: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9938264#post9938264)

• Option 1: One story, one map

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 2: One story, two maps

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Option 3: Two stories, two maps

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Well with me and Cuddles going down means we have a decision to make. Go after the Carnivines so they go down or go after the remaining Litwick? Alex can?t do anything again this round since Sliggoo is too far away to attack and Solstice got paralyzed. So here is what I?m thinking:

Elwind moves forward and attacks with Bite. It?s STAB and if we get lucky, it?ll flinch the boss. Solstice moves behind him due to paralysis and does nothing, If Elwind fails to Flinch the boss, at least they make tempting Dragon Breath targets and will exhaust the PP. Alex moves up behind him and does nothing because it?s the only move he can do. Lily moves down south and uses Growth to boost her Attack stat that she may have to utilize after all.

As for the group up front, we have a decision to make. Go after the Carnivines who are damaged and vulnerable or make the Litwick a priority? Keep in mind the Carnivines know Bite so that?s a SE counter too(just no STAB and no boost to Attack). So here?s what I?m thinking. Dusk moves down and Bites Litwick-B. STAB and SE. If it gets flinched, then that changes things for Rinnia and WooWoo. Dawn stays and uses her last Psybeam on Carnivine-B. It should badly weaken it to where Priscilla can finish it off with a Quick Attack(I know you want to get the final item but we need help right now). If by some miracle Dawn critically hits Carnivine for a KO, then Priscilla can go grab the final item. After Dusk bites Litwick-B, Rinnia moves up and uses Confusion on Litwick-B if it wasn?t flinched. Both of you combined might be enough to KO Litwick-B and if not, WooWoo moves up one and uses Night Shade to finish it off. With WooWoo at J12 and Dusk at K13, Carnivine-A can?t reach either Psychic Type for Bite so that leaves WooWoo as the optimal target. If Dusk manages to flinch Litwick-B, then Rinnia and WooWoo turn their attention to Carnivine-A where their combined power is more than enough to finish it off. In other words, pray for a flinch everyone lol.

As for Nah, pull up a lawn chair and watch frankly. Still paralyzed but without anything useful heh. Susato, move south and do nothing for now. I had you sprint east in the event one of us got burned but with you safely away from the boss, that leaves us with another Fairy counter for Sliggoo. I?d sprint to L13 in the event Litwick has Flame Body so that you have the opportunity to heal a potential Burn.

Good luck everyone.

Edit: Figure I?d add a move list based on my thoughts above. Move as you see fit though.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    "Ugh...that attack hurt. I'll have to deal with these Carnivines later."

Dusk moves to K13 and uses Bite on Litwick-B.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Urk... this situation isn't looking so pretty. D:

Just curious, would the poisoned ice cream be worth using against Sliggoo?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Urk... this situation isn't looking so pretty. D:

Just curious, would the poisoned ice cream be worth using against Sliggoo?

If it connects, it would be like striking Sliggoo with an Ice attack(which is Super Effective) and Poisons Sliggoo at the same time. You?re presently paralyzed and can only move one square in the Marsh(even when entering it since you don?t have enough movement to move farther) so you can only move 1 square at a time unless you opt to sprint. If you move to the right, it?ll take you two rounds(including this one), to get out of it to fight against Sliggoo. If you opt to follow Elwind, there is a possibility(strong one actually) that you fall to Sliggoo?s Dragon Breath. If you do, you?ll be taking one for the team as they say by exhausting one of its moves, leaving Bubble and whatever that fourth move is. If Lycan opts to not use Dragon Breath, it will either be Bubble or that mysterious fourth move that I suspect is Rain Dance to go with its Hydration ability. If it?s Rain Dance(and not another offensive move), then if Lycan uses Dragon Breath, then we will be in a better position in the long term. We?re rolling the dice as they say but we don?t know what Lycan plans to do with Sliggoo. Your call in the end in what you want to do.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
    If it connects, it would be like striking Sliggoo with an Ice attack(which is Super Effective) and Poisons Sliggoo at the same time. You?re presently paralyzed and can only move one square in the Marsh(even when entering it since you don?t have enough movement to move farther) so you can only move 1 square at a time unless you opt to sprint. If you move to the right, it?ll take you two rounds(including this one), to get out of it to fight against Sliggoo. If you opt to follow Elwind, there is a possibility(strong one actually) that you fall to Sliggoo?s Dragon Breath. If you do, you?ll be taking one for the team as they say by exhausting one of its moves, leaving Bubble and whatever that fourth move is. If Lycan opts to not use Dragon Breath, it will either be Bubble or that mysterious fourth move that I suspect is Rain Dance to go with its Hydration ability. If it?s Rain Dance(and not another offensive move), then if Lycan uses Dragon Breath, then we will be in a better position in the long term. We?re rolling the dice as they say but we don?t know what Lycan plans to do with Sliggoo. Your call in the end in what you want to do.

Hmm, it looks like my status is saying that my movement has been reduced to two squares, rather than one. Does that number already take sprinting into account? If not, I think that might open up some more possibilities!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Hmm, it looks like my status is saying that my movement has been reduced to two squares, rather than one. Does that number already take sprinting into account? If not, I think that might open up some more possibilities!

Your movement is two squares but remember that Marsh adds a movement penalty. So while you're presently not in the Marsh, if you want to attack Sliggoo with that Ice Cream, its going to necessitate that you move into the Marsh wherein your movement is limited to 1 square at a time unless you sprint(wherein you can move up to two while in the Marsh). So if you sprint to E17 to get out of harm's way this round, you'll have to move to E16 or sprint to D16 to have an opportunity to attack Sliggoo in Round 11(if any at all). Conversely, if you follow Elwind down by moving to D17 and do nothing, there is a possibility that you will fall in Enemy phase to Dragon Breath. While that would indeed suck from your perspective, from a team perspective it would be a positive outcome because that's one less move Sliggoo has in its arsenal, leaving Bubble, Acid Armor and whatever that fourth move happens to be(which I suspect is Rain Dance). If Lycan wishes to save that PP for another opportunity, he may choose to use Bubble or refresh his Acid Armor in Enemy phase, allowing you in Round 10 to use your Ice Cream after Elwind moves to the side to say attack the Annoying Tree at F15. Granted that's only if you move to D17 this round, survive the Enemy Phase and if your paralysis doesn't prevent you from using your Ice Cream against him in Round 10.

*Edit* I should point out that if Elwind and Alex follow the strategy above, it boxes Sliggoo into that tiny opening that we used to break free the Eevolutions. Alex will be sprinting this round so can't attack while Elwind will be using Bite. There is a possibility that the attack will flinch Sliggoo wherein he can't do anything. If that happens, you can safely move to D17, survive the enemy phase(because Sliggoo can't move) and use the Ice Cream in Round 10 if your paralysis doesn't prevent you while Alex lends you a hand by using Bite as well(which may flinch Sliggoo again lol). By the time Round 10 rolls around, we will likely have finished off the Carnivines and remaining Litwick. That will allow us to move up unhindered towards the boss so that in Round 11, we will be unleashing our assault that may culminate in the boss' downfall in Round 11 or 12 if it comes to that.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
    Your movement is two squares but remember that Marsh adds a movement penalty. So while you're presently not in the Marsh, if you want to attack Sliggoo with that Ice Cream, its going to necessitate that you move into the Marsh wherein your movement is limited to 1 square at a time unless you sprint(wherein you can move up to two while in the Marsh). So if you sprint to E17 to get out of harm's way this round, you'll have to move to E16 or sprint to D16 to have an opportunity to attack Sliggoo in Round 11(if any at all). Conversely, if you follow Elwind down by moving to D17 and do nothing, there is a possibility that you will fall in Enemy phase to Dragon Breath. While that would indeed suck from your perspective, from a team perspective it would be a positive outcome because that's one less move Sliggoo has in its arsenal, leaving Bubble, Acid Armor and whatever that fourth move happens to be(which I suspect is Rain Dance). If Lycan wishes to save that PP for another opportunity, he may choose to use Bubble or refresh his Acid Armor in Enemy phase, allowing you in Round 10 to use your Ice Cream after Elwind moves to the side to say attack the Annoying Tree at F15. Granted that's only if you move to D17 this round, survive the Enemy Phase and if your paralysis doesn't prevent you from using your Ice Cream against him in Round 10.

*Edit* I should point out that if Elwind and Alex follow the strategy above, it boxes Sliggoo into that tiny opening that we used to break free the Eevolutions. Alex will be sprinting this round so can't attack while Elwind will be using Bite. There is a possibility that the attack will flinch Sliggoo wherein he can't do anything. If that happens, you can safely move to D17, survive the enemy phase(because Sliggoo can't move) and use the Ice Cream in Round 10 if your paralysis doesn't prevent you while Alex lends you a hand by using Bite as well(which may flinch Sliggoo again lol). By the time Round 10 rolls around, we will likely have finished off the Carnivines and remaining Litwick. That will allow us to move up unhindered towards the boss so that in Round 11, we will be unleashing our assault that may culminate in the boss' downfall in Round 11 or 12 if it comes to that.

Ah gotcha, I had not considered the Marsh terrain when I made that observation earlier. I don't have any problems falling here next round, so if Elwind is on board with it, then count me in as well!

In the meantime, however, is there anyone with enough movement power to take the ice cream from my inventory? (That is, only if inventory sharing would be allowed in this case, anyway!)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    In the meantime, however, is there anyone with enough movement power to take the ice cream from my inventory? (That is, only if inventory sharing would be allowed in this case, anyway!)

It surely is!
    From where you are right now, Lily and Susato can make it to a square adjacent to you.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Ah gotcha, I had not considered the Marsh terrain when I made that observation earlier. I don't have any problems falling here next round, so if Elwind is on board with it, then count me in as well!

Susato can't be the one to obtain it since he has the Healer ability. With the possibility of Litwick having Flame Body, there is a chance Dusk can be burned when using Bite on it so I'd like for Susato to sprint to L13 to be nearby in the event that happens so he can possibly heal the burn. That leaves Lily and Lily would have to sprint to you first before you give the Ice Cream to her. Assuming Elwind moves down to prevent Sliggoo from moving up, only you and Elwind would be affected from a Dragon Breath attack(so it could work). Alex sprinting up to block its escape isn't as bad as it seems because Elwind and Solstice make better targets than Alex and Alex has Luminous Moss that will bolster his defense if he gets hit by Bubble(making him harder to KO).

So if Lily is on board with that plan, then yeah she can take over Ice Cream duties for you.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Lily: Solstice and Elwind are very hurt from the purple dtagon. I remember hearing a story that Dragons fear the cold. Ice Cream may be delicious but it is also cold and simething about the Ice Cream Solstice is holding seems strange. Maybe if I take it from him and throw it at the purple dragon it will help us.

Lily sprints to E18 and takes the Suspicious Ice Cream from Solstice and puts it in her inventory.

Meadow

Years
    Lily: Solstice and Elwind are very hurt from the purple dtagon. I remember hearing a story that Dragons fear the cold. Ice Cream may be delicious but it is also cold and simething about the Ice Cream Solstice is holding seems strange. Maybe if I take it from him and throw it at the purple dragon it will help us.

Lily sprints to E18 and takes the Suspicious Ice Cream from Solstice and puts it in her inventory.

It's all up to you now, Gardy! The time has come for me to entrust you with this legendary PokéTrivia ice cream that once belonged to a certain Sandshrew! ;)

Good luck—you can do it! And with that, Solstice bids everyone farewell for now!

Chapters 1/2

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

You can't sprint and take the Ice Cream from him ;). PS: I'd sprint to D19 for obvious reasons... *cough* Marsh *cough*. Allows you to attack Sliggoo in Round 10 if you change destination.

It's all up to you now, Gardy! The time has come for me to entrust you with this legendary PokéTrivia ice cream that once belonged to a certain Sandshrew! ;)

Good luck—you can do it! And with that, Solstice bids everyone farewell for now!

Chapters 1/2

Have fun in the realm of fallen heroes but I must point out that you'll have to give the Ice Cream to Lily once she sprints there. She can't take it from you since she's already used her action. Your action this turn is to give her the Ice Cream from where you are.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    So many sacrifices being made! Good luck to all those remaining. :')

Chapters 1/2
    "Dusk! Are you alright?"

Chapters 1/2
    "I.... I'll wipe the grin off that Carnivine's face!"

Dawn fires her last Psybeam at Carnivine B!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Oh no, it's all good regarding the "Ice Cream Duties" (love that term xD ). Trading items doesn't require your Action. (And if anything, it would make more sense to spend an action giving the item, rather than receiving. Or both maybe? Kinda confusing, so let's go with neither. :D)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    If Sliggoo decides to Dragon Breath Elwind and Solstice, with Lily at E18 she would still be able to move enough for her Ice Cream to hit, right? Without taking damage this round. Then Sliggoo can't hurt her much with Bubble (if Code's correct about his last move).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back