• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Character theme songs?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
  • New week new topic! This time I'm wondering about theme songs you might have in mind for your characters!

Ever listened to a song and thought "this fits the vibe of this character so well"? Share it! I'm honestly curious. Bonus points if you explain why c:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Sad this thread has been left abandoned for this long because I adore using music to represent a character. I also love putting music in posts, it's not for everyone, but it really adds to the feel of the post in a forum RP setting.

I've just made my first post for Carson O'Connor in Gimmepie's Hisui RP and with the inspiration and vibes I have for him I'd say pretty much the entire Great Ace Attorney soundtrack is his theme song lmao. Specifically though, "Partners - The Game is Afoot", the special arrangement especially. Carson is a bit of a jester despite his role as detective consultant in Jubilife Village, he's very good at his job but his oafish behaviour makes it so people rarely take it seriously.

His work, in his eyes, is a dance or a play that he acts out with the big payoff in the final scene being the truth. He aspires always for that final "scene" where alll secrets are revealed. He wants justice to be done definitely, but it's not inaccurate to say he finds more value in undoing lies than he does in protecting innocent people. It's a little selfish part of his character he'll have to work on as things going forward. This track has the "tap dance" vibe at the beginning and the rhythm is very excitable and always flowing, like bouncing between different points and pushing towards an answer. The music was part of what inspired the character so I think this track fits him better than any other.

Years
  • It's always fun to try and pick out theme songs for characters but it's not something I do particularly often. The one character I've done so pretty consistently for is Catherine in Spear because it was part of the heavy theming and motifs around her (and everyone was doing it so it was part of the fun lol). Originally I used Song of Storms from the Legend of Zelda franchise for her but later it changed to the vs Archie/Maxie theme to coincide with character development. I would use different arrangements/remixes of the songs depending on the mood of the post.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yeah i do music vibes

I have assigned a song to- okay if there's 88 songs and I have made 149 posts- 59% of my Trainers posts! I try to make a point to, but I don't usually do it for JPs or if I'm having a really hard time picking something and it's stopping me from otherwise posting. The trainers temp list is songs that Will Definitely Vibe at some point in the story. Most of these songs are like, from Casey's POV or for him, but some are more relevant to the post or another character.

Casey's base theme song is Work This Body by Walk The Moon. The energy is perfect for my jock boy who's coming into his own against odds. Sorley's is Lookin' Up by Barenaked Ladies. Cheerful and a little quirky and optimistic, for a kid who makes every place and situation their own.

Rosey and Sabbatical '84 will also have a playlist, but I haven't really hit on something that Sounds Like Him yet. I haven't been listening to things with Intent either, though. Maybe I'll find it a few posts in! I found Casey's immediately, but Sorley is a character I've had for many years and it took until they showed up in Trainers for me to find theirs. Marie doesn't really have one yet, either. I suppose it also has to do with having a particular goal in Trainers to associate music with everything, and finding out how actually hard that is to do on such a scale put me off doing it for any of my other characters lmfao.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Since my oc was originally intended to be a character I wanted to write in a Genshin RP, this is the closest thing I could say is his theme song:

tw // self harm in this one.

But only sort of, it's because of this part of this song: "If I keep quiet, no one will ever know. No one but me will have a clue. So, I won't shout. I won't cause chaos, and I'll keep leading an uneventful life. Yes, that's right, you've got it, just put up with it, and it'll clear right up. Just do that, keep it up, keep fooling yourself with that. Fly away, fly away, I'll send a sign from my side. Bluffing all the time is tiring, isn't it?"

This line kind of spoke to me in my portrayal of my oc, if i'm being honest.
    I don't know if this would be my theme song if I ever RP him, things change, though, we'll see.

Back