• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Children

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I'm still not sure if I want kids at this point in life, but when I'm finally settled down, financially stable and I'm ready for it, then I might have a maximum of 2. I'm pretty good with children I think, so here's hoping I'll be a good parent.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    I'd like to get two. A boy and a girl, of course. I'm very confident and really want to raise kids. I've been wanting to experience things that I really wanted, and I wanna know what it's like to take care of one. And also being a parent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Ever since I was a little girl I decided I didn't want children and I've stuck to it still lol. There are a lot of reasons why, but I'm just going to keep them to myself. I get worried that I'll never find someone to settle with because most people want children. Time will tell!!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I am honestly on both sides of the line. I swore I never wanted a child and honestly still don't due to the whole fact its very time consuming and money consuming. I won't be able to do what I want anymore, but my unlucky self has a child on the way. I still don't honestly want a child but maybe it will change when I am sitting in the hospital holding my baby girl. Who Knows...

Years
    Fascinating. And here I thought I was unusual in not wanting to have children. At least all the people around me are incapable of comprehending my decision. The whole "you'll change your mind some day" nonsense. No, no I won't. I'm not some teenager who hasn't really experienced the world yet and settled in my ways (no offense meant to teenagers, but give it a few years before you call your decision concrete); I'm plenty old enough now to be perfectly confident in my decision.

I've considered the possibility of adopting, since the world has too many humans already and not enough responsible parents, but I believe I'm happier just being the most awesome uncle.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I really don't want any kids. Birds are enough for me.

Looking at this thread, I'm really surprised by how critical some are of women having kids. Seriously, if they want kids, they want kids. Yes, I'm sure it's extremely painful, but some people like having kids. It's not my thing and it doesn't have to be yours but it's also the reason why you exist, so don't be such jerks about it.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    IDK, it kind of came off that a few members were trying to discourage childbirth because it was painful. Or using that to question "why would aaaanyone want to have kids?" sort of way. It just comes off as... judgemental.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    IDK, it kind of came off that a few members were trying to discourage childbirth because it was painful. Or using that to question "why would aaaanyone want to have kids?" sort of way. It just comes off as... judgemental.

Nah, we're not trying to make them feel bad. We're just curious because childbirth is supposed to be one of the most painful things to go through. We want to know why some females believe the pain is worth the reward and we got our answer. :3

Years
    Nah, we're not trying to make them feel bad. We're just curious because childbirth is supposed to be one of the most painful things to go through. We want to know why some females believe the pain is worth the reward and we got our answer. :3

Well if females thought the pain was too much you, me and everyone else here wouldn't be alive. I'm pretty sure many parents are proud of their child, it aint some anomaly to like your kid.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Well if females thought the pain was too much you, me and everyone else here wouldn't be alive. I'm pretty sure many parents are proud of their child, it aint some anomaly to like your kid.

I'm fully aware of that. :)
    I never said they weren't.

Yukari

Definitely no. I simply don't have the patience to be a good father. I don't like the way kids act. It's one of the very few things that get under my skin. And there are a lot of other factors in there but in short: I wouldn't be a good father.

Years
    For me is a yes and a no type of thing. I dream of having amazing kids, for some weird reason I already have names picked out and everything. On the other hand I see other people kids:(, just like the person above me posted I get irritated easily and cannot stand them especially when parents are like oblivious to how their kids are acting. Lol I think over the years they become immune to the noise or something.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    I'd like to have a couple kids one day. A boy and a girl would be preferable, but I'll take what I get. Way in the future though, ahaha. Not now since I'm in school & all, but one day, I'd like a couple kids. :3 Not sure what I'd name 'em, but I'd prefer unique names over the more common names.

Kokio

Just hatched, yo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2014
    I don't know if I want to have kids. Since I'm passive I usually get swept under the rug and perhaps I'm just not the person to raise a child. My mother says that she expects and deserves grandchildren eventually and that sort of just makes me look away from the idea of children even more.

Hell, I'm not too fond on the idea of sex either.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    My mother says that she expects and deserves grandchildren eventually
    What? No one deserves grandchildren. Having kids is one hell of a responsibility and life-changing thing. You don't go tell someone that they must have kids even though they may not want to have any themselves. Having kids is your (and your partner's, if applicable) decision, not anyone else's, so your mother shouldn't be saying that to you.

Back