• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Return Sableye, send out Eevee eh, why not Swellow is useless and Shroomish can only Paralyse Cradily and Ralts can maybe be a evasion annoyance.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Well, turns out I have time for one more update after all. :)

Return Sableye, send out Eevee!
    You decide to save Sableye from fainting and return him. Graveler glows a blinding white. You cover your eyes as the explosion echos throughout the cavernous Gym. Graveler has fainted, Nosepass took some damage but still has a lot health left, and Marshtomp... is still standing!?
    "Yes, go Marshtomp!" you yell happily. But at that moment, Nosepass slams its foot on the ground, and the rocks come slamming down onto Marshtomp, who collapses. He seems to have a miniscule sliver of health left. "C'mon buddy! You can do it!"
    "Maaarsh!" he yells, and uses the last of its power to launch a massive Surf attack. It surges at Nosepass, sending him flying backwards into the Gym wall, knocking it out. Marshtomp collapses too, physically exhausted.
    "Hmph. It used Torrent to boost the Water attack..." says Roxanne to herself, returning both Graveler and Nosepass.
    "You did really good, Marshtomp." you say as you return him to, sending out Sableye and Eevee as your last two Pokemon.
    "It appears I underestimated you, kid..." says Roxanne.
    "You realise I'm only a couple years younger than you, right?" you point out.
    "...But I still have my strongest Pokemon waiting in reserve!" she says, apparently either not hearing or ignoring you. "Cradily!"

Giga Drain
    Rock Slide
    Confuse Ray
    Ingrain
    "...Was a Pokemon experimented on by Team Aqua. I rescued the poor thing from an Aqua base near town. Aqua is ruthlessly experimenting on Pokemon evolution, and I have vowed to put a stop to them if it's the last thing I do. But enough of that. We're in the middle of a battle."
    "Right. Sableye, Fake Out!" Sableye rushes forward with glowing fists, slamming Cradily and making it flinch. "Eevee, Quick Attack!" Eevee leaps in, slamming Cradily backwards. The two Pokemon back off, and you see that Cradily had taken very little damage. This thing is gonna be tough to take down. Most of Sableye's attacks could do damage, and so could Eevee's Earthquake, which would also take down Sableye. What will you do?

Your Options 1
    -Use Sand-Attack!
    -Use Earthquake!
    -Use Quick Attack!
    -Use Tackle!
    -Soda Pop on Eevee!

Your Options 2
    -Use Night Shade!
    -Use Fake Out!
    -Use Detect!
    -Use Fury Swipes!
    -Soda Pop on Sableye!

Note - When voting, pick one choice from each set of options.

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • sableye use detect so it takes no damage from eevee's earthquake then next turn we fake out and sand attack then rinse and repeat.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • ok... well, how should I do this?
    sorry guys, It appears I'm going on holidays as well... if someone could really help me out, It would really help if you could do posts for me...
    This is completely coincedental and I'm kicking myself already about it, but anyone who can cover posts for about a week, please PM me ASAP (if you can, also say so when you vote)

Sableye! Detect! - Eevee! Earthquake!

"Now Cradily! Giga Drain on that Sableye! Make this a one on one!" Roxanne calls, as Cradilly launches roots at Sableye

"Sableye Detect!" Sableye leaps into the air, dodging Cradilly's attack.

"Now Eevee! Earthquake!" Eevee roars. Albeit a tiny, cute roar, it starts the ground shaking. Cradily gets rolled around a bit, but stands straight back up.

"Now Sableye! Follow up with Night Shade! Eevee! Sand attack!"
    Sableye launches a Black beam at Cradilly, while Eevee kicks sand at it's face.

"Cradilly! Ignore them! use Ingrain!" Roxanne launches back, still with a smile on her face.

"Eevee! Earthquake! One More time! Sableye! Detect again!"
    Cradilly gets rocked around, but doesn't budge, Roxanne's grin just widens.
    "End this Cradilly, Giga Drain!"
    Roots shoot up from the ground, engulfing Eevee, But Sableye is still standing,
    "Sableye! Night Shade! At the ground!"
    ...just in time, Sableye shoots a beam at the ground below him, just as more roots shoot up to engulf him!

"Keep trying to get Sableye, Giga Drain again!" Roxanne calls, laughing now.
    "Detect!"
    Sableye dodges the roots left and right, but the roots are starting to form a cage.
    "Fury Swipes!" You call.
    Sableye slashes at the roots, cutting straight through them.

You've got to try and free Eevee, but you can't just let Cradilly stand there! What do you do?

Your Options 1
    -Use Earthquake! Keep Attacking!
    -Use Quick Attack! Try to Free yourself!
    -Wait for Sableye, don't struggle to minimise energy drained.

Your Options 2
    -Use Night Shade! Attack!
    -Use Night Shade! Free Eevee!
    -Use Detect!
    -Use Fury Swipes! At Cradilly!
    -Use Fury Swipes! Protect yourself!
    -Use Fury Swipes! Free Eevee!
    -Soda Pop on Sableye!

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nurse Barbra

Sunday + Rain = Craptaciluar.
    Years
  • Well being that its my first time here, im gonna think this logically,
    Earthquake has done no damage to cradilly and considering roots have shot up i imagine there holding eevee in the air, meaning it wouldnt work anyway.
    Quick attack might not work because eevee entangled in the roots and trying to move would only constrict eevee more....
    So Option 1 is Eevee-Wait for Sableye, don't struggle to minimise energy drained.
    Now for sableye... hmm...I would say that you forgot something... You didnt say where Fury swipes would hit. I would logically assume its on the roots BELOW Cradilly, in doing so eevee would be released and cradilly would have to use Ingrain again, wasting Roxanne's time... so use Sableye-Use Fury Swipes, Attack Cradilly!

Nurse Barbra

Sunday + Rain = Craptaciluar.
    Years
  • nice analysis there,.....
    Well I did read the story, but this goes on the assumption that eevee is being withstrained, and i would think that any attempt to use an attack would cause eevee to be hurt more by cradilly, stoping the attack in the process... But you are right 'Cause in getting in close, Cradilly might use Confuse ray causing Sableye to hurt itself/eevee, aswell as letting Cradilly attack, or it could use rock slide hurting sableye...hmm... Options to consider...

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Wait for Saybleye,
    Use Night Shade on Cradily.

Seems like the popular option.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Hey guys, me again. I'm not back from holidays, I'm just eating fish 'n' chips in an internet cafe so I might as well do the update. Apparently Dark Pulse does have to leave for a while, so if anybody would like to continue with the updates until I get back on the 15th, please contact Dark Pulse. Thanks! :)

Wait for Sableye, Night Shade on Cradily!
    "Hang tight Eevee!" you call. "Sableye, blast her free with Night Shade!" Sableye desperately fires a Night Shade at the Grass/Rock type Pokemon.
    "Giga Drain! Match it!" yells Roxanne. Vines rise from the ground, blocking the Night Shade, and then start coiling around Sableye's arms. "Now Giga Drain again on Eevee!" More vines erupt and drain Eevee's strength. Eevee cries out in pain as its energy is slowly sucked away by Cradily. Roxanne laughs slightly manically, it must be said. "You put up a pretty good fight kid, but you don't stand a chance against the iron wall that is Cradily. Giga Drain!" But Cradily just frowns and doesn't move. "What's the matter?" Cradily stares at Roxanne. You smile.
    "Giga Drain only gets five uses then it's out of PP. Sorry Roxanne, but no more Giga Drain for you." The vines uncoil themselves from Sableye and Eevee, and the two stand up. You look at them. They're both very weak now.
    "It doesn't matter!" says Roxanne, "It ends now! Rock Slide!" She clicks her fingers. Rocks begin to drop onto your two weak Pokemon, burying them. You dash up. You could probably help dig one of them out to keep fighting, if they haven't already fainted? But who's more likely to have survived that attack?
    "And while you're contemplating that... Ingrain." More roots cocoon themselves around Cradily as it begins to slowly recover its health. A purple claw emerges from where Sableye was buried and a pink paw emerges from where Eevee was. What will you do?

Your Options
    -Dig out Sableye
    -Dig out Eevee
    -Dig out Sableye and Soda Pop
    -Dig out Eevee and Soda Pop
    -Encourage Sableye
    -Encourage Eevee
    -Forfeit

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • well I'm not going to vote, because I already know the storyline, but I can remind you of one thing...

Sableye was low on health when we fought Nosepass and Graveller, so Sableye is weak...

BUT Eevee has also taken a beating from Giga drain... you choose what to do...

Paper-remote

I've got nothing to put here
    Years
  • Sorry for not being on lately, I'm back now!
    We will have to forfeit...Lol Jk.
    Never give up, as long as you still aren't done for, you can still win.
    I think I will pick Dig out Sableye and Soda Pop, because Sableye is higher leveled.
    But we can get hurt by the rocks too. This is hard, um... I need help.
    Oh and, I would help with the updates BUT no one wants to read my stories. They are creepy.

Last edited:

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Dig out Eevee and Soda Pop because we can use Quick Attack to dodge Rock Slide and use Sand Attack to make it more inaccurate and use Earthquake to attack.

Back