• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Clan Signups & Waiting List

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreederShax

PKMN Breeder Shax
    Years
    unless i counted wrong, you are the 4th
    lol I thought I was fifth, must have miscounted. Glad to know I made it, when do the results come out as far as team leaders and all that?
    Just want to know which team I'm on so I can check scheduling with them.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I've been practicing on my own for a bout a week now. Competitive battling isn't as gruesome as I thought it was.

I'm pretty excited for this! I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    im in .are there like particular timings ill get called or is it whenever i can ?

I'm pretty sure that when two clans battle against each-other, you and the person you're matched up with will have to battle at a specific time that both of you'll will agree on.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    The drafting has ended! Here are the new clans:

Spoiler:

If you are unhappy with the clan that you were assigned to and have a good reason for that (e.g. poor relations with the head and inconvenient time zones), please private message me and provide your reasons. I don't mind if it's regarding my clan either. However, keep in mind that I would like to avoid swapping around members too much as it would defeat the point of having a draft. I encourage you to use this as a chance to meet new people!

To start this off, these clans need names and mascots!
    Clans will need to follow a few guidelines: 1) mascots must be Pokemon, 2) clan names should preferably not have the word "clan" in them (not required, this is just for originality), and 3) names need to be appropriate and something that future members won't be embarrassed about. Smogon has some good examples. Some more examples of the top of my head: Chompin' Garchomp, Funky Ludicolo, Flaring Arcanine, and Sloppy Slowbro. (These are examples, you don't need to have a Pokemon's name in it.) Those are bad but you get the gist.

Heads will be the ones who decide the name and mascot of their clan. I expect all heads to go over it with their members first, though. Players are encouraged to message their head with suggestions. Heads are welcome to make threads for their clans to discuss the matter as well. Said threads can be used for other miscellaneous stuff.

Lastly, we will have some warm-up/practice tournaments this weekend!
    Click here to hop on the battle server, then click on the PC League tab at the top. If there aren't any tournaments going on, ask one of the people who have a symbol by their name or make one yourself with "/tour help" and "/tourpoll". Keep in mind that these tournaments will likely occur more often during the evening (EDT / UTC -5), and at the moment we're still setting up various stuff.

Don't have a team? You can grab one on Smogon, but you should eventually start making your own. Feel free to ask other league members for help and all that jazz; it's one of the purposes for the PC League room. Also check out our resources. I'll be listing everyone's Pokemon Showdown usernames soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't think the examples on smogon really work because they are intended as 'sports teams' [i know pokemon isn't a sport but that's the theme] rather than clans, with each subforum being the "city" for the sports team

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    ayyyyy, neat! sent out a PM to get contacts so we can start a live group for chatting where we won't be scouted. ;]

Sirfetch’d

Messaged all of my clan members to possibly set up a Skype chat for discussing all things clan related. If for some reason I accidentally didn't message you feel free to let me know if this won't work for you! Otherwise all looks good and I'm glad this is getting started!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Are each of the clans allowed to have their own room in the server?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I don't think the examples on smogon really work because they are intended as 'sports teams' [i know pokemon isn't a sport but that's the theme] rather than clans, with each subforum being the "city" for the sports team
    Yeah true, I take that back then. I mean more like inspiration rather than examples.

Are each of the clans allowed to have their own room in the server?
    Yes, though I'm waiting for everyone to decide on clan names before making the rooms.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    In.. I am really sucky at battling XD
    Nice opportunity to learn more XD
    this is just like how in Bleach they have 13 squads and squad 4 is the suckiest XD

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    Should I... or shouldn't I... I'd of course like to try my best to get stronger, but I have very little faith in my abilities as a battler. I mean I don't think I'm the worst out there, but I'm no Red, that's for sure... and I'm fairly new to the competitive scene as a whole, I don't really think a noob like me would be a desirable member in any clan...

And I'm also new here and know literally nobody...

But this was in the whole "new members" menu thing that was presented to me on sign-up...

Ahh damn it all, I'll regret it if I don't at least try. If you give up before you make an attempt then you've already accepted that you'll never improve!

If the clans are still accepting then I'm IN. I promise if nothing else I'm a quick learner.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Should I... or shouldn't I... I'd of course like to try my best to get stronger, but I have very little faith in my abilities as a battler. I mean I don't think I'm the worst out there, but I'm no Red, that's for sure... and I'm fairly new to the competitive scene as a whole, I don't really think a noob like me would be a desirable member in any clan...

But this was in the whole "new members" menu thing that was presented to me on sign-up...

Ahh damn it all, I'll regret it if I don't at least try. If you give up before you make an attempt then you've already accepted that you'll never improve!

If the clans are still accepting then I'm IN. I promise if nothing else I'm a quick learner.
    Part of the reason for the whole clan/PCL thing is to help people get better at battling and to integrate themselves into the forum. So don't worry if you think you're not that good of a battler and you're new. Everyone starts off as a noob, both on the forum and in battle.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    Part of the reason for the whole clan/PCL thing is to help people get better at battling and to integrate themselves into the forum. So don't worry if you think you're not that good of a battler and you're new. Everyone starts off as a noob, both on the forum and in battle.

*Nods.* You're right of course. Thank you for the reassurance, I'll resolve to try my best to get better in both respects. You learn more from loss than you do from victory after all, so through perseverance improvement is natural. I'll remember that in the battles to come!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    FirestormProdigy and Phosphora have dropped out. can360, jflores, and Wettin have been disqualified for inactivity.

elcaptino is replacing FirestormProdigy, Astraea is replacing Phosphora, Altairis is replacing can360, Daniel327034 is replacing jflores, and harik97 is replacing Wettin. Click for the updated roster.

In.. I am really sucky at battling XD
    Nice opportunity to learn more XD
    this is just like how in Bleach they have 13 squads and squad 4 is the suckiest XD

You guys might be replacing other inactive members soon, so sit tight!

I think the "PCL" should also have an official mascot/symbol or something like that!
    I'll wait until all of the clans have chosen their mascots. Clefairy would be suitable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back