• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Closing the VIP Forum

Close?

• Total voters

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Using this forum as a dartboard for testing potential changes in aesthetics or functionality community-wide has always seemed like the most pragmatic plan of action, but I believe I was a minority with regards to that in the past. If you don't use the people here as some sort of smaller sample for gauging community reaction to certain larger scale changes, then really what is the point? There isn't one, as has been decided so frequently in the past. So do something like that or just ax it imo!

If this comes across as critical, that is not how I intend; I just believe that there is little way to give the subforum purpose otherwise.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Other than the previously mentioned reasons, it'd be hard to enforce who is and who isn't in there because friends could let friends in, and there isn't a verification system between PC's account system and Discord, so it'd have to all be managed by Discord staff, and that'd be a lot of work for just a small handful of people.

I might be wrong, but didn't they have a supporter chat on Skype a few years ago?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I've only recently donated, so I unfortunately haven't had much time with it compared to many of you. However, it does seem rather...pointless, quite frankly. There have been a few times where I've considered posting on the forum, but why do that when I can just post it in the respective forum where it can be viewed by everyone? Doesn't seem like a useful or neat place at all to me.

In regards to the thoughts of the forum should be immediately replaced with something else, I'd rather not have something like that rushed. Just give this forum the axe already, and make something cooler when the right idea/time comes.

Buu

Rocket Executive
    Years
  • I think closing the forum is not the solution at all. I think we need to give it a purpose and at the same time give more incentive for people to donate, so here are some suggestions:

• Pokemon Giveaways (Legendary/Shinies)
    • Account giveaways such as premium Dropbox, Netflix, Spotify etc
    • Private links to other premium content

These can be given from the PC staff or fellow VIP members. I would be willing to give some of my Pokes away and hell I will even give premium accounts.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i think it's kinda telling that nothing other than this thread and the supporter dcc has been active in this forum for over a month. despite the fact that a serious discussion regarding closing this section is on-going, no-one, not even opponents to the idea, has found anything to post in that timespan.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I think closing the forum is not the solution at all. I think we need to give it a purpose and at the same time give more incentive for people to donate, so here are some suggestions:

• Pokemon Giveaways (Legendary/Shinies)
    • Account giveaways such as premium Dropbox, Netflix, Spotify etc
    • Private links to other premium content

These can be given from the PC staff or fellow VIP members. I would be willing to give some of my Pokes away and hell I will even give premium accounts.
    I seriously doubt many people would be able/willing to give away stuff. That's not a good long-term solution.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • also followup point, if I were to have pokémon/accounts/other premium content to give away, I don't know why I'd give it out to other supporters specifically - I'd give it out to my friends, regardless of their PC usergroup. I have no idea why anyone would want to give away stuff exclusively to other supporters.

Back