• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Closing the VIP Forum

Close?

• Total voters

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I remember when I used to be active on the DCC here. Fun times, but yeah personally I feel like it needs to be axed soon. It's now merely a shell of its former self... provided that it even has a former self. Idk, I was here starting from early 2015 so I have less say on the matter, but it does need to go at this point.

Y'know if Supporters finally got the chance to do Beta testing, why not just make an exclusive subforum on the Feedback forum specifically for Beta testing? It doesn't have to be that "staff-and-me" area that I've seen brought up around page 1 of the thread.

Scrapbox needs to stay tho.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Meh. Voted for 'no' but the other choice seems to be pulling ahead. Do what you will I guess.

Years
    Now that I think about it, the VIP forum does feel redundant especially since it looks like it's not as active now as it was.

Years
    Back when I was Mod and S-Mod, I tried many things to make this board fun, entertaining and, more importantly, valid. There would always be an initial buzz and then it'd die off a week later.

Honestly, I'm surprised this is still here. If this was a public facing board, it would have been killed a long time ago. The only reason it hasn't, is because it's in the 'perks' of being a supporter. It's stated in the rewards there is a shiny, super secret board only for you people and then you look at it...

Just close it now and put it out of its misery.​

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    vip forum is the grandma that just wont fucking die, no matter how many times you try to kill her. just accept the fact that the vip forum will probably outlive all of you and go with the flow, because lets be real, its not gonna happen.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Back when I was Mod and S-Mod, I tried many things to make this board fun, entertaining and, more importantly, valid. There would always be an initial buzz and then it'd die off a week later.

Honestly, I'm surprised this is still here. If this was a public facing board, it would have been killed a long time ago. The only reason it hasn't, is because it's in the 'perks' of being a supporter. It's stated in the rewards there is a shiny, super secret board only for you people and then you look at it...

I mean, it kinda would force us to go elsewhere, if there are people who do post here as opposed to other places in the public.

Also, welcome back around Fabio. :>

thedorkishguy

Growing PokeMaster
    Years
    I voted yes, namely because I don't use it and it's a waste of resources. However I think the scrapbox is a great idea for supporters.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    I remember when I tried my harderst to get this forum active again. Managed to get activity for a good few weeks before it died down, while I hate to see this forum go, I believe it needs to go. If you asked me this a year ago I probably would have been one of the strongest pro-forum arguers but now I'm happy to let it go

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    We could try. My question is, would we require admin permission for it?

Plus discord is way better than skype anyways.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I Find the lack of faith here alarming and very disappointing.

For all the arguments that it is a waste of space it is still very much an integral part of PC we should keep. It may not always seem immediately useful, but as a scratch space and asynchronous communication space, it is unrivaled. Should we encourage activities here? Not necessarily. But it's always a good thing to have. Don't blame it for lack of creative usages, blame yourselves.

Could we add other things? Yes, we can. For example a supporter channel on Discord could be neat. Or a Supporter role that allows a few permissions like the ability to Manage Messages in certain channels (like #dumpster), or manage roles below ours (So we could for example do self service color changes, which can be enabled by simply ensuring that people are in a colorless role that can Manage Roles but that role is below any moderator permission roles in the list, but above any colored roles). {Ideally your roles which give PERMISSIONS should bear no color, so they can always reside above roles that bestow a desired color, and each user can be in as many permissions groups as needed and one color group}

These are just minor ideas that could be implemented in a supporter only server environment.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    A channel can be argued for but giving supporters power on discord purely because they possess the Monetary funds to donate to PC is outright laughable.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I Find the lack of faith here alarming and very disappointing.

For all the arguments that it is a waste of space it is still very much an integral part of PC we should keep. It may not always seem immediately useful, but as a scratch space and asynchronous communication space, it is unrivaled. Should we encourage activities here? Not necessarily. But it's always a good thing to have. Don't blame it for lack of creative usages, blame yourselves.

Please elaborate on this because as an individual who actually tried to promote content in this area, the SL is a literal waste of space because 1.) no one creates new content here, as everyone seems to be posting such topics in their respectable forums 2.) the "supporter feedback for section/site improvement" that was originally intended to go here is much more successful in Main Street such as with these latest changes and 3.) it ruins the perfect alignment of sections that could happen on the front page (my OCD is kicking in looking at that.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not gonna laugh at suggestions, but you have never been able to gain moderating power of any kind on PokéCommunity by paying with money, and we hope to keep it that way, also on our Discord extension.

Matt, do you mean City Hall maybe (8

Reactions: Nah

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I'm very against the discord channel idea. I don't see how it would avoid having exactly the same inactivity/exclusiveness issues as the forum has. It's also a lot of slow, extra work for us discord staff who would have to manually go through the permissions and add all the supporters to a separate role.

Just delete this forum and move on. We don't need a replacement.
    My thoughts from December because apparently some people still think they could get a Discord channel? Unless more than half of the Discord staff change their minds about this - which isn't likely - there won't be a supporter channel. We've already discussed it and it's almost certainly not gonna happen. There are 1936 users on the Discord and at least personally, I'm certainly not interested in combing through all of them to find the supporters just so I can give them view permissions for a channel that will be just as pointless as this forum.

It's already been said, but no way will we be giving supporters any kind of mod powers for donating money, even if it's something as meaningless as moderating dumpster. Giving them permission to change their own colours (at least through the Roles menu) will also allow them to mess with other people's colours, so that's not gonna be happening either.

sorry I don't mean to sound harsh :c I'm just a bit annoyed by this debate dragging on.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Please elaborate on this because as an individual who actually tried to promote content in this area, the SL is a literal waste of space because 1.) no one creates new content here, as everyone seems to be posting such topics in their respectable forums 2.) the "supporter feedback for section/site improvement" that was originally intended to go here is much more successful in Main Street such as with these latest changes and 3.) it ruins the perfect alignment of sections that could happen on the front page (my OCD is kicking in looking at that.)

1) To expect lots of activities here is unrealistic. It was as unrealistic then as it is now.

2) While feedback is best suited for a public section that doesn't make this one any less useful for other things on occasions.

3) Nobody cares about your Off Center Disorder. lol ;)
    Besides, staff could easily demote it off front index as a sub to anothet forum probably with no issues.

Constantly I see people needlessly shit on this section as a whole and wonder why it isn't doing so going as well as we hoped. I honestly think people should just give up and accept that it's here. We may think it's pointless some times, but in the past and perhaps in the future a purpose or need for it will arise.

I still challenge all of you to come up with something better, and you so far can't.

Of course the mod dumpster idea *was an example* and isn't something all that anyone needs. Perhaps a separate from PCs main server could be made though. Though you could be right it might not be the best or most populous place.

Regardless; replacing this forum, which is a centerpoint perk of supportership is a difficult task. And you can't simply advocate for taking it away, it must be swapped if you want to do away with it.

Anyone advocating for just pointless removal of it is just being a sad sack because they can't imagine how to make it great again when it clearly has given rise to a number of wonderful things (like the UG) or other such forums and ideas that simply don't have yet enough place to warrant its own section.

EDIT: An interesting idea just occurred to me.

We could move old, flunked Forum Frontier ideas here, or offer a space for people to dogfood and check and discuss such ideas. With putting failed ideas here; massive projects like WOPC or worldbuilding wouldn't need to be scrapped when public interest fades, and it could serve as a handy archive of old FF sections complete with threads that maybe we didn't push to another section, and moves can leave links so it's not like data would be lost all too often.

So in essence; you move failed sections here to be a sub of this one and discussions can either continue or flounder if it can.

The idea behind this is that people can be passionate about certain ideas for the frontier, and by being a supporter you get to keep those attempted forums a bit longer (basically just gives you a bit more time to enjoy it as it was, and adapt to the fact that those threads you like may be located in another main, common and more broad section of PC)

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
    Years

You know, when we first created it we had the idea of adding more interactive things to it such as online (flash/browser games) and other cool things that added value. Unfortunately that didn't work out and then the nature of the internet started changing and it was all but forgotten.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

We did want this area to be ran by and for those who love the Community, took time (and their hard earned monies) to support PC, to be a place of their own.. It was (and I guess still is) up to the supporter to make or break threads in here..

In the long run what matters is that there is a space for this, not so much what's in that space. IMO.

Back