• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • Does the Lv. Chain ban really hurt Infernity that much? I don't know a lot about the deck except I think your not supposed to have a hand.

It doesn't hurt it too much, but I rely on it too much as a graveyard setup and searcher -_- I could probably make it work but meh I don't really use infernity anymore and I'm lazy

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Looks like YGOPro finally updated with the new banlist! Time to test out triple Temple of the Kings in my Cyber deck :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Lot of interesting new cards with the update.

I tried and have liked the Kozmo archetype, but they just doesn't seem all that good haha. Everyone and the their mother seem to like Greydles too.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Looks like YGOPro finally updated with the new banlist! Time to test out triple Temple of the Kings in my Cyber deck :)
    How come if I may ask? My brother wants a Cyber deck. To play like Trap stun or Cyber network right away?

Lot of interesting new cards with the update.

I tried and have liked the Kozmo archetype, but they just doesn't seem all that good haha. Everyone and the their mother seem to like Greydles too.

My brother likes them, didn't do too good, but keeps saying they'll be the next Tier 1 deck. Though this is bit is for more for Revise, said Triple Zwei is a staple in Cybers. And other odd stuff, lol.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Lol trust Revise on the Cyber stuff, his deck is wayyy too consistent haha

Meadow

Years
  • How come if I may ask? My brother wants a Cyber deck. To play like Trap stun or Cyber network right away?

I actually wouldn't recommend Temple at all, haha. Sure it's a great card when you get it at the right time, but if not, it would certainly butcher the consistency of the deck. I only wanted to test it for fun, since I run triple DNA Surgery, and I thought it would be pretty cool if I can activate that card the turn I set it. xD

Triple Zwei is a staple in Cybers. And other odd stuff, lol.

Hmm, I personally only run one copy of Zwei so it can serve as Rampage Dragon fodder. However, you definitely want triple Drei, because it's soooo good for making Cyber Dragon Nova/Infinity. Zwei is a little too slow (and it's hard to make Xyz with), so you usually want to use it for Fusion summons when it's in your hand or graveyard.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2018
    Username: Djarcn
    Favorite Card: Red Eyes Black Dragon, because you have to respect Yu-Gi-Oh GX Duel Academy (Now out on Gameboy Advance) xD

Subtopic: I don't know much about the TCG, but Pudding Force would seem to be useful as I remember something where you could give an opponent your card in the TCG (happened to Yugi with a certain Pyro card hehe)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Username: Djarcn
    Favorite Card: Red Eyes Black Dragon, because you have to respect Yu-Gi-Oh GX Duel Academy (Now out on Gameboy Advance) xD

Subtopic: I don't know much about the TCG, but Pudding Force would seem to be useful as I remember something where you could give an opponent your card in the TCG (happened to Yugi with a certain Pyro card hehe)

Its TCG name is Putrid Pudding Body Buddies. Silly, I know, but that's how it's named there.

While a stall deck could theoretically make use of it, I honestly think it sucks, given how easy it is to run over. Igknights don't really care about it, given that they can Pendulum Summon very easily.

And welcome to the club.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome Djarcn! And while Pudding Force certainly is interesting, I tried it in a deck, it's awful haha

And I don't think I've ever played a Yugioh game on a console, besides Falsebound Kingdom, but it wasn't so much dueling as it was like Pokemon-style fighting.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh! video games, these are the ones I have played:
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories (a.k.a. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters III: Tri-Holy God Advent)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels (only Yu-Gi-Oh! video game I played that was not on a handheld system)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I played Sacred Cards (1st YGO game), World Championship 2005, 2008-2011, Duel Generation, and Tag Force 2. I wanted World Duel Carnival too, but I wasn't able to get it.

Meadow

Years
  • I just looked through the first few pages of this thread again and I realized how long it's been since we last had a "bold" topic, hahaha.

That being said: Are there any archetypes you would like to see new support for? (And don't worry, I won't bring up Junks or Sharks this time. I promise. xD)

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Clear.
    I think it had so much potential.
    As it is it never was shown in the anime outside Japan so I think they mainly shelved it.
    Clear world gave the deck power to adapt to each type, while clear vice dragon gave a power ace but with an interesting weakness. Konami could have branched out giving a deck which people don't rely on the extra deck while making a lot of money, as the main card is only secret rare. As it is I own both clear world and clear vice dragon irl

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • Neo-Spacians...
    Just because I'm a big fan of Judai and got hyped when he got Neo-Spacian... not like they were ever good, though.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gagaga.

And I don't mean support from other archetypes, I mean better support cards for Gagaga. Because, I mean...half of the released Gagaga cards are either almost good, bad, or incredibly situational. Especially the Spells/Traps.

Gagaga Wind, for example, special summons a Gagaga Monster to the field, which is great...except for the fact that it makes them level four. Making it useful for only one member and easily replaceable. Or how about Gagagadraw, which lets you banish 3 Gagaga cards and draw two, kind of going against the whole purpose of Gagaga Mancer and Gagaga Revenge, and stunting the usefulness of Gagaga Sister and Gagaga Clerk. And then there's the debatably debatable Gagaga Academy Emergency Network, which is good (especially thanks to Sister), but is really limiting with its dependence on having no monsters on the field and after the fact, not allowing the user to special summon.

But I know it won't get support because already has so many cards and the ones that are versatile meld well with other archetypes. There are just so many Gagaga cards that won't see any use in even decks made for fun. Heck, my non-Xyz Gagaga deck doesn't even use most of those, and theoretically it'd get the most out of them.

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Morphtronics a little bit. I know we recently got Smarfon, and thats great for those who run them. But I just want my map.dek to be good D: lol. It would just be cool to see more of them in general. They do need their OWN synchro though. Iron Chains would also be a nice come back from 5Ds. Batterymen would be nice, but not totally needed. Wow, I hardly even watched 5Ds and so far thats all I'm listing xD.
    Maybe cloudians could come back. And I'd love for Dark Magician to be playable really without a pendulum or gagaga build. But I guess that and Blue-Eyes support could be coming in the new movie. Though I want the cards to come to the tcg too.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    ^ YESS CLloudians are my JAM

Also Iron Chain too, they got a lot of milling support outside the archetype, but I think they could def use more monsters. I also would've liked to see some Main Deck Djinn monsters (the musical Xyz archetype, not the ritual supporters).

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Username: Biogoji
    Favorite Card: Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Anyone else use Blackwings?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Username: Biogoji
    Favorite Card: Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Anyone else use Blackwings?
    Welcome to the club!

I myself have used Blackwings a couple times, the swarming can be pretty crazy. And for whatever reason people aren't crazy about running it, but I still like Black Sonic.

Back