• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

ZangooseClaw

Pokemon Philosopher
Years
  • The only franchise that comes close to my love and knowledge for Pokemon would have to be Yu-Gi-Oh. Been playing since its reception, but haven't picked up a deck in just about a year.

My absolute favorite archetype were the mighty Sylvan plants. Loved their defensive playstyle that my friends could never seem to chop all the way through so losing usually meant getting decked or put in a bad loop.

Also seen the first three anime series (Original, GX, 5Ds) in their entirety and particularly loved the fast-paced action of 5Ds, although dueling on a high-speed bike sounds so unrealistic haha. Seen a few episodes of Zexal but not enough to catch my attention before I put down the cards for a bit.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Thanks. :)
    Umm, does this club play online?
    Like using online simulators such as Devpro or Dueling network?

Sometimes, just ask us via vm/pm/I guess here if you want to duel. I think most of us are on YGoPro Percy, at-least have it.

Darn it! Requiem (and Starve Venom) were revealed today, and Reqium is still locked down. What the crap Konami. I guess I'm picking up Magicians or Phantom Knights. Man I should've bought phantom knights.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    At least Requiem lost the 5 or higher clause on its first effect. Still, would've loved it to be generic.

The only franchise that comes close to my love and knowledge for Pokemon would have to be Yu-Gi-Oh. Been playing since its reception, but haven't picked up a deck in just about a year.

My absolute favorite archetype were the mighty Sylvan plants. Loved their defensive playstyle that my friends could never seem to chop all the way through so losing usually meant getting decked or put in a bad loop.

Also seen the first three anime series (Original, GX, 5Ds) in their entirety and particularly loved the fast-paced action of 5Ds, although dueling on a high-speed bike sounds so unrealistic haha. Seen a few episodes of Zexal but not enough to catch my attention before I put down the cards for a bit.
    Welcome to the club! I always thought Sylvans were pretty interesting. You need to know the deck inside and out though to know what to stack and mill, and I don't have the patience for that haha

Thanks. :)
    Umm, does this club play online?
    Like using online simulators such as Devpro or Dueling network?
    We've tried a tournament in the past, but activity was an issue. You're more than welcome to duel casually, I'm sure any of us would be down.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • Yeah, sure. :)
    I didn't know whether this club used Dueling network or Devpro... so I downloaded both!
    I'll get Ygopro to. Um, Whenever I'm online on here, I can come online and play yugioh too.
    So feel free to ask. :D

ZangooseClaw

Pokemon Philosopher
    Years
  • Deck stacking is a crazy new strategy I've had to get used to but once you do draw power doesn't mean squat when you know the top 5+ cards of the deck. I'm usually a defensive player too so excellent field presence is key.

Also, I know Princessprout is the key to summoning the powerful XYZ pair and I run 3 of her but her effect is extra tricky. If I could get either XYZ out, deck milling would advance a whole other level.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I really liked the design of the R1 Sylvan Xyz, wonder when we'll get that TCG side, since it came out in the set with Traptrix Rafflesia, which we got.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I wonder why ygorpo banlist isn't following today's banlist.

countryemo

Years
  • I really liked the design of the R1 Sylvan Xyz, wonder when we'll get that TCG side, since it came out in the set with Traptrix Rafflesia, which we got.
    So much OCG exclusive archetype support so little time.

I wonder why ygorpo banlist isn't following today's banlist.
    Huh? Which Ygopro are you talking about? I know Percy is up to date, or do you mean the mobile versions?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I haven't try it on Ygopro yet.

countryemo

Years
  • The Windows one

That still doesn't really help, theres Salvation and Percy most commonly known as YGOPro, Dawn of a new Era, and DevPro. Though Dawn and DevPro are usually called just that. Percy and Salvation are updated, I'm not too sure on Dev. And I hope you are not using Dawn.

Has anyone tried out Starve Venom Fusion Dragon yet? I only had one opportunity to, but it wasn't much help in that situation. {XD}

No Starve Venom for me yet, I put in my Lunalight deck to test but haven't gotten it out yet, I need to test it in my Frightfurs too.

Speaking of Venom though, Predator Plants confuse me, they are supposedly supposed to get Starve Venom off, and even have their own Fusion (Not yet going to be printed) but the archetype doesn't seem to work with fusion at-all.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Speaking of Venom though, Predator Plants confuse me, they are supposedly supposed to get Starve Venom off, and even have their own Fusion (Not yet going to be printed) but the archetype doesn't seem to work with fusion at-all.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I never really cared for the anime, back when I was a kid dueling was the cool thing about it and I was often watching the anime just so I could watch the characters duel.
    I couldn't care that much about the story when my mind was set on the game so much.

However, I did get quite into Yu-Gi-Oh GX. It was probably the concept that drew me in. Since I loved the game so much going to a Hogwarts style dueling school would have been a dream come true and I ended up living those fantasies out through watching it and then later reading the manga (Which is amazing by the way).

I don't know anyone who plays duel monsters these day, but sometimes I play ROM versions of the old GBA games so I can duel.

countryemo

Years
  • Anyone remember the INOV (Invasion of Vemon) leak that said we'll get Qli, Red-Eyes, Aromage, Psy-Frame, ect support? Well we got leaks of Psy-Frame and Aromage's. So far it seems pretty real!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Nice! I've never used Psy-Frames before, but Aromages are pretty cool. And judging by the name, I believe that there would be some new Predator Plants on the way! Maybe a level 9 Starve Venom variation?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Yeah, I'll join up. I only have a few people irl to chat with YGO about and only two of those few actually play. I don't watch the anime anymore, mostly because I don't feel like searching it and watching it, and I'd like to discuss deck profiles and junk like that and am open to do so with anyone!

Username: (Duzzy<3)
    Favorite Card:Performapal Lizardraw, Performage Brushfire, Madolche Magileine, The Phantom Knights of Ancient Cloak

Back