• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cold

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
  • And want I really meant to say,
    is that I'm sorry for the why I am,
    I never meant to be so cold
    I never meant to be so cold

What do you do when you know that you've hurt someone, and you didn't mean to?

I do anything I have to to make sure that they know I didn't mean it, and right the wrong.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The only person I ever hurt is my ex. And when I hurt her I get mad because she's dumb for still having feelings for me and it makes me a little pissed off because she's dated like all these super attractive super not douchey guys and still only wants me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've been trying to take a new approach to apologizing for hurting someone lately - I used to apologize and then expect things to be okay if they forgave me, expecting them to move on quickly from being hurt. I've now taken to allowing them to vent and tell me how much it hurt, even if I've already apologized, because they're still angry and it's understandable. It's not about making myself feel better for hurting them, it's about making them feel better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This rarely happens to me, because, well, I'm always pretty careful when speaking to people, and try my best to consider their feelings when I say something. When it does, though, I proceed to restate whatever I said and apologize at the end. :] Doesn't work all the time, but hey, at least I've eased up the tension a bit, and that really does make me feel better.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I just apologise like crazy, and say I never meant it. It barely works, but it's all I know to do, cos due to me feeling what they've been doing a la empathy, I would've been put in the same seat.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Sadly, I only ever realize these things after the fact, and it's like too late to apologize, since I don't want to bring it up again just to say sorry (if that makes sense). So of course, I replay the scene in my head for the next couple months and torture myself over it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The guilt eats me up for the rest of my life, even after I apologize.

Sirfetch’d

The guilt eats me up for the rest of my life, even after I apologize.

I pretty much feel the same way tbh. :/ especially if I hurt someone close to me that I have to see everyday. I can apologize over and over, but the pain of knowing that I hurt them for the time being just is unbearable :(

Years
  • Apologize immediately! D: I've always considered myself to be an intuitive person when it comes to understanding peoples' emotions even when they try to hide their expressions. When I know that there is something wrong that I have done personally, I will own up to it, and apologize. Even when I'm unsure of whether I did something wrong or not, I apologize in advance. I'm a very apologetic person to begin with; I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea of me when I don't ;-;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have a lot of trouble admitting fault, so even if I do something wrong and I know it, I still get annoyed at people for being mad at me and the situation just escalates until I've made it so bad I kinda have to apologise.

Years
  • Usually when things go wrong for anyone with me, I usually feel like the jerk and the guilt, as said, eats away at my spirit. I try to right the wrong with what I can do, be it fixing friendships, or apologizing every chance I get.

Do what you can, in a way that's comfortable for you. uwu Best of luck.

Back