• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Username: Cymry
    Partner Pokemon: Lapras
    Challenge: Single
    Game(s): Y

Going through Y with the cutest Nessie of the sea. Traded an egg over with the egg move Dragon Pulse. Current process just after beating Sycamore:

lapras.gif

Cerridwyn the Modest Lapras, ♀, Lv 13
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moves: Confuse Ray/Water Gun/Dragon Pulse/Ice Shard

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Username: ddrox13
    Partner Pokemon: Yasuo the Gallade
    Challenge: Ultimate
    Game(s): SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y (Gallade is exempt from Kanto).

It may be a while before this starts tho. Gonna finish my monotype first.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Username: ddrox13
    Partner Pokemon: Yasuo the Gallade
    Game(s): SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y (Gallade is exempt from Kanto).

It may be a while before this starts tho. Gonna finish my monotype first.

There are some fire red roms that have all the pokemon hacked in. You can use that to do gallade in kanto.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Six badges down and just entering Frost Cavern.
    - Cliff Badge: Amaura was unlucky and hit itself four times in confusion. Tyrunt didn't last long with Dragon Pulse.
    - Rumble Badge: The Heracross trainer in this gym took a couple of tries. Korrina's Mienfoo and Hawlucha didn't last long with Confuse Ray/Water Pulse, but Machoke gave me some trouble until he just decided to stand there and Leer.
    - Grass Badge: Cerridywn learnt Ice Beam right after the Rival fight outside the gym. Easy peesy.
    - Voltage Badge: A tricky one but manageable with the Bulldoze TM.
    - Fairy Badge: The hardest one so far with Mr. Mime's Light Screen. Managed to wait it out with Cerridwyn's bulk and Leftovers.

Cerridwyn the Modest Lapras, ♀, Lv 47
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves: Thunderbolt/ Surf/ Dragon Pulse/ Ice Beam

o2amjt0enwheo19zjuqh.gif

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Little Update About My Silver Furret Solo Run: Currently finished the first six Johto gyms with my Level 49 (I think) Furret along with getting all the hidden items I'm supposed to get, along with battling every single trainer and wild encounter. Also caught a Shiny Gyarados in my Furret run too. (Which I caught it for the fourth time including hacks)

Once I'm free I'll share my full Blue Raticate solo run since I saved some screenshots for important moments.

EDIT: Decided to showcase my Furret right after beating the Sixth Gym (Jasmine) because why not. The moveset (which I'll most likely keep until the end) is Return, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Dig.
    inu0ODy.png

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Username - CharmedGardy
    Partner Pokemon - Blastoise
    Challenge Type - Single
    Game - Leaf Green

Current Progress - Just defeated Erika to get my fourth Badge.

Spr_3f_009.png

Blastoise (Male)
    Level 53
    Moves - Brick Break, Bite, Water Gun, Rain Dance

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    After all the escapades of catching an in-game Shiny Gyarados, catching Lugia after getting the Silver Wing, getting Tyrogue after battling almost every annoying wild encounter in Mt Mortar, getting almost every single hidden item (especially Rare Candies) in Johto, I beat the Elite Four and the Champion!

0N7euHV.png

But of course, it's not over yet, as I need to beat Kanto and if I'm confident enough I can challenge Red too!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Eh, I'll set up my formatting later
    EDIT: I did stuff, so you do actually get a post now.

Gallade Ultimate Solo Run
    SoulSilver (4/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

FYI, given the whole Psychic Type thing, I'm assuming that Inigo can communicate telepathically with me. The extent of this will increase as he evolves. It will just be emotions as a Ralts, but he will gain the ability to communicate basic desires as a Kirlia and full conversation once it evolves into Gallade. Which will be amusing. Oh, and Inigo will probably do a lot of things that I wanted to do in the games but the character did not because this is a kids game. Like gut punching the rival when he is being a dick.

Things that happen:
    Spoiler:

475.png

Inigo (Gallade) Lv31
    Male | Adamant (Atk>SpAtk) | Steadfast
    - Psycho Cut
    - Magical Leaf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Drain Punch

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Managed to get all 8 Kanto badges (along with catching Level 70 Ho-oh with a Master Ball) and beat Red. Trying to get pass the first room of Mt. Silver without the help of Flash (since I wanted to face Red with only my Furret) is a pain though since I don't know where I am and it takes some trial and error.

Still, glad that I managed to Solo Complete Gen 2. Next up is Linoone for Sapphire but I'll take a break for now due to personal activities:

rY4zcgE.png

jG9tua4.png

yhiEKCQ.png

gWkGGCZ.png

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Gallade Ultimate Solo Run
    SoulSilver (6/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Yaaaaawn.

Things that happen:
    Spoiler:

475.png

Inigo (Gallade) Lv37 @ Miracle Seed
    - Psycho Cut
    - Magical Leaf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Drain Punch

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • Oh my goodness. Goldeen/Seaking is really difficult to solo in Blue. Since a water move doesn't come until after Seaking, I need to use TMs. First Water Gun then Bubblebeam. Since neither came before Brock is was a slow crawl to beat him. Misty was not too bad. Surge was all based on luck. I wasn't sure I could take a Thunderbolt. I get Thundershocked and live. Bubblebeam slows Raichu down enough that 1. I can outspeed it and 2. Maybe trigger Surge's AI to X Speed. And this struggle train is not done since I still have to fight Erika.

Badges: 3/8

Neptune the Goldeen
    Level 32
    -Peck
    -Horn Attack
    -Bubblebeam
    -Fury Attack

Username: ShinyHoundoom
    Partner Pokemon: Rapidash
    Game(s): Blue

This one is for streaming and videos for Youtube. Its on something separate from the Seaking Solo.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Gallade Ultimate Solo Run
    SoulSilver (7/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Back and ready for action with a niiiiice long update. AS should be starting soon.
    Things that happen:
    Spoiler:

475.png

Inigo (Gallade) Lv41 @ Miracle Seed
    - Psycho Cut
    - Magical Leaf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Drain Punch

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: OH COME ON, SOMEONE POST SO I DON'T HAVE TO DOUBLE

SoulSilver (Johto/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

And with that, Inigo and I are the Champions of Johto! YAY!

Things that happen:
    Spoiler:

475.png

Inigo (Gallade) Lv57 @ Amulet Coin
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash
    - Leaf Blade
    - Drain Punch

anBtWa0.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Seriously, is no one else doing this challenge?

SoulSilver (Complete!), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Things that happen
    Spoiler:

475.png

Inigo (Gallade) Lv68 @ Razor Claw
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash
    - Leaf Blade
    - Drain Punch

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Big update for my Blastoise challenge, both Blue and Crystal Done! :D

Also I'll try updating the OP before the end of the weekend :)

Challenge
    Spoiler:
    Pokémon Blue:
    Spoiler:
    Pokémon Crystal:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Sorry for the hiatus, I'm almost finishing my Linoone Solo Run in Sapphire, and it was a huge struggle at least in the beginning, especially Roxanne (where I have to use tons of battle boost items since my Zigzagoon had a limited moveset and her Geodude and Nosepass are way too difficult to deal with especially with Geodude trying to spam Defense Curls) and trainers who have Arons. I managed to beat them and I'm also accumulating my Rare Candies which I have altogether 20 of them so far based on hidden items, items which I can find on land and Linoone's Pick-Up Ability. I plan to use these Rare Candies right before I face the Elite 4.

I already got all 8 badges, but I decided to explore some more places which I haven't visited yet such as optional areas like Route 133 and I'm currently at the Trick House (the final one, actually). I'm also really close to having my first Level 100 Pokemon and at this point it's even higher than my Pokemon Silver's Furret which is Level 96.

Linoone Level 78
    Moveset: Return, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Surf

Spoiler:

EDIT: Already beat the Elite 4 and I finally got my very first Level 100 Pokemon! The only place I haven't visited which can be accessed before beating the Champion is the Safari Zone but it's nothing special there. Overall, it's really really difficult especially at the beginning and looks like I'm going to face an even bigger challenge which is my Bidoof/Bibarel in Pokemon Pearl!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Already got two badges in my Bibarel Pearl run. Surprisingly it's not hard so far at the beginning. Grinding my caught Bidoof at Level 2 to Level 8 took almost an hour, and I'm glad I got the Pluck TM and it worked for my Bibarel as it worked very well against Gardenia. That, and before this, my Bidoof evolved into Bibarel just before I faced the first gym which I could use Water Gun often which was easy.

Currently at the optional WayWard Cave event, and forcing myself to grind through all the Zubats and Bronzors until I finish it (Nope, I'm not using Repels since all these EXP I got from there will be great enough to get high levelled)

AFd4x5r.png

xcBjjdM.png

ANlx1AP.png

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Totally just created an account for the purpose of signing up for a couple challenges :'D

Sign-Up Form
    Username:
    Partner Pokemon: Luxray
    Game(s): Y

Current Progress: 2/8 badges attained

FRIGHTFUL the LUXRAY
    female, lvl. 34
    adamant, intimidate
    double kick | ice fang | night slash | fire fang​

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • So I figure I might as well do another fire starter Pokemon cause those are usually my favorite.

Username: Relica
    Partner Pokemon: Charizard
    Game(s): Red, Gold, Emerald, Platinum, White, Y

Expect me to be done with half of this by tonight at my pace. {<3}

Guess who's done with Red. Onto Gold.

Spoiler:

Gold is done. Did up to Red since it's a joke in GSC. Onto Emerald, can I get another game in before someone else posts?
    Spoiler:

Well there goes Emerald. As an added Bonus, I went ahead and did Steven as well. Surprisingly he isn't that difficult with Charizard. Even with most of his Mons knowing ancient power it wasn't that big of a deal. Emerald was the most difficult so far though, and I imagine it will only get worse till Y. Hardest hump in the game was actually Brawly though. He took the most retries at like 3 attempts? That being said it was certainly a lot more difficult than Red or Gold.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back