• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Is it bad that I completely forgot about the PC email part? :(

Man, the only perks that I ever cared about was the large PM space, and I actually needed it. Funny thing though because I almost have 1,000 PMs now. .___.;

I actually forgot about it too ._.
    The only perk I really cared about was profile design XD

Seeing as I delete all my PM's every now and then it doesn't get more than 25% full for me :v

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Only perks I cared about was the Blue Username, and increase avy size even though I use 100 x 100 most of the time. If I want to talk to people I usually VM people anyways. Or I could hit them up in the chat.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Only perks I cared about was the Blue Username, and increase avy size even though I use 100 x 100 most of the time. If I want to talk to people I usually VM people anyways. Or I could hit them up in the chat.
    The blue username is what got me too XD

Isn't the avy size now 150 x 150 for us?

Oh and is anyone else on summer break?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I like the blog and profile customizations most out of the perks. :3

I'll be on break in...3 days! :D Well, not just on break. Graduated from high school. :o

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm out for summer, and so is one of my sisters :D
    I just recentely thought of the e-mail thing. I was thinking that I might want to use it for signing up for things and so so that I don't have to use my personal, main e-mail. I don't know how much I will use it though d.d
    The only perks I really first donated for are the colored name. I don't really need the PM space, but I like the profile design and the blog.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm out for summer, and so is one of my sisters :D
    I just recentely thought of the e-mail thing. I was thinking that I might want to use it for signing up for things and so so that I don't have to use my personal, main e-mail. I don't know how much I will use it though d.d
    The only perks I really first donated for are the colored name. I don't really need the PM space, but I like the profile design and the blog.

My sister is going to college soon and I can't wait. My house will be quieter, my internet will be faster and I'll be less stressed :D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My sister is going to college soon and I can't wait. My house will be quieter, my internet will be faster and I'll be less stressed :D

Haha. My sister will be a senior next year then she'll be off to college. It'll be weird because I've lived with her my whole life and it will just seem odd without her around almost every night like she is now. Though, I can't wait to steal her chair in the living room.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes, but I believe it's even bigger for tier 6s.

Also, most people already know this, but I'm on summer break as of currently and of the next three months or so. It's finally going to be a long and quiet three months for me, especially since I'm going to be moving and whatnot. I can't wait to see what this summer has in store for me. ♥
    Everyone seems to have an interesting summer except for me D:

I'm just going to be sitting home all day watching to anime and such. Oh and some essays and homework :/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I still don't understand the concept of assigning essays/homework during the summer.
    It's for the AP classes I'm taking next year :/

And since I'm taking so many, I have quite a lot of homework to do. 4 essays, 3 packets, 2 books, 2 summaries and some more. -.-

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I used to take AP classes and I never really got work over the summer. o_O; Then again, I only ever took AP Language and Literature courses, along with AP Psychology. Assigning essays over breaks sounds like something my AP Biology teacher would do, which is kinda why I dropped the class since I really needed time to myself, etc.
    It's a new thing that my school is starting. I also have to go for 3 weeks of summer school for the AP classes as well. What a fun summer break I'm going to have :/

AP Psychology is considered a blow off class over there :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I'd be too lazy to do that. And if I was a teacher, I would not want to subject my students to work on their free time. That's what the entire school year is for is to do work. Let the kids enjoy their breaks.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'd be too lazy to do that. And if I was a teacher, I would not want to subject my students to work on their free time. That's what the entire school year is for is to do work. Let the kids enjoy their breaks.
    Well, it's a new learning process and such, which I hate. To make it even worse 2 of the 6 AP classes I'm taking are brand new teachers, so it's going to be pretty bad while in those classes. I'll be lucky to have free summer in the future D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    AP Psych isn't supposed to be a stressful AP class. If someone has issues with their GPA or the such, they could rely on courses like AP Psych to boost up their GPA. Of course, that doesn't mean that the course itself is entirely a cakewalk(well depending on your school, but over here, its kinda hard if you're a lazy person such as myself). You just need to put some commitment and care into the course if you want a surefire pass and whatnot.

Courses like AP Literature at my school is terrible only because of the ridiculous due dates and assignments and what have you. The teacher there likes to teach us as if we're literally uni kids, which is okay for the most part, but I personally think he overworks us a tad bit for our own good.

AP Government here is what you would call a "Blowoff" class. While the class itself isn't too hard nor too easy, it's the right amount and it's honestly not hard to get an A in that class, if anything.

The only difficult AP courses at my school is Japanese, AP English Literature, AP English Language, AP US History, AP World History, AP Human Geography, AP Environmental Science(As far as the AP exam is concerned. The course itself isn't that hard, and is actually quite fun), and AP Calculus. Everything is is moderately to really easy, depending on you work tactics and what have you.

I was going to take AP Psych, but seeing as taking AP Chem. would help me more, I took that, not knowing it's one of the harder AP classes. My school doesn't offer a wide variety of AP classes, and all but AP Euro are open to Juniors and Seniors. (AP Euro is only open to Sophomores, which I took this year) I'm also taking AP US History, AP Biology, AP Lang. & Comp along with Honors Physics and Alegbra II.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My school doesn't offer many AP classes to sophomores, the only one being AP Government and Politics. I think it may offer AP Euro to sophomores, but I'm not sure. I'll be going into my sophomore year and I'm taking the highest level that they offer for each class (Pre-AP), and AP Gov. and Politics. I've always been the top in every class that I've taken, except for any social studies classes, so I'm a little worried about AP Gov. and Politics, but it is supposed to be an easy AP class. I shouldn't do too bad though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My school doesn't offer many AP classes to sophomores, the only one being AP Government and Politics. I think it may offer AP Euro to sophomores, but I'm not sure. I'll be going into my sophomore year and I'm taking the highest level that they offer for each class (Pre-AP), and AP Gov. and Politics. I've always been the top in every class that I've taken, except for any social studies classes, so I'm a little worried about AP Gov. and Politics, but it is supposed to be an easy AP class. I shouldn't do too bad though.
    You guys have Pre-AP? The only close thing we have to AP is 'College' (Only offered in math, but I think it's higher than AP) and Honors.

Ours goes something similar to this (Lowest to highest):
    Intergrated -> M -> Regular -> Honors -> AP -> College (?)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    You guys have Pre-AP? The only close thing we have to AP is 'College' (Only offered in math, but I think it's higher than AP) and Honors.

Ours goes something similar to this (Lowest to highest):
    Intergrated -> M -> Regular -> Honors -> AP -> College (?)

Yeah, we have Pre-AP. The system goes something like this (I'm not sure about the low end of things..)
    B --> A --> Regular --> Pre-AP --> AP
    I think that there are two lower than regular, but I'm not sure what they are called.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, it might be called 'Honors Pre-AP', but we just usually call it Pre-AP, not Honors.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Sometimes I wish I took AP classes. Oh wait. I did took one. xD But still I somehow wish I tool more AP classes than just AP Bio. I wonder how I managed to pass that class during my senior year.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I honestly thought Honors was Pre-AP to a good extent.

I think every school has a different way of doing it. I know in my cousins school his Honors classes are at par with my schools AP classes.

Yeah, we have Pre-AP. The system goes something like this (I'm not sure about the low end of things..)
    B --> A --> Regular --> Pre-AP --> AP
    I think that there are two lower than regular, but I'm not sure what they are called.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, it might be called 'Honors Pre-AP', but we just usually call it Pre-AP, not Honors.

Honors over here aren't at that kind of level, I'd say they're just the same as regular, but faster paced.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think every school has a different way of doing it. I know in my cousins school his Honors classes are at par with my schools AP classes.

Honors over here aren't at that kind of level, I'd say they're just the same as regular, but faster paced.

I think that Pre-AP is basically a class that goes at a faster pace than regular, at least in math. Then AP is just on a different level entirely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back