• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I think that Pre-AP is basically a class that goes at a faster pace than regular, at least in math. Then AP is just on a different level entirely.
    I've never taken a Pre-AP class (unless you also mean Honors). My parents are the one who signed me up for all those classes, they just want me to be successful, but they're not happy with the profession I'm choosing :/

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've never taken a Pre-AP class (unless you also mean Honors). My parents are the one who signed me up for all those classes, they just want me to be successful, but they're not happy with the profession I'm choosing :/

What profession? I'm lucky with my parents, because they are okay with whatever grades we get (which for me is still 96 as my lowest), and support us with whatever profession we choose.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    What profession? I'm lucky with my parents, because they are okay with whatever grades we get (which for me is still 96 as my lowest), and support us with whatever profession we choose.
    Haha that's the opposite of mine. I can't get anything lower than a B, and even a low B is pushing it. I'm going into zoology and hopefully majoring in marine biology and minor in herpetology or I might major in ecology.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Neurosurgery is the route I'm going to take, along with doing a side thing with working with a big church and what have you. Not entirely sure about the neurosurgery route, it does seem like a big step, but my goal is to save people's lives regardless, so I guess it'll do.
    I was supposed to become a neurosurgeon as well. Seeing as a good portion of my family are neurologists, they taught me a good amount of information, which I wasn't interested in. It is a big step, some of my cousins spent upwards of 10 years or more in college just to get where they are right now.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My profession? It switched from high school math teacher to something related to finance (which is what I have my degree in) but right now I'm willing to take any job that I can get.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I decided to take the animator course, which follows along Visual Art. I'm just hoping it turns out well. xD;
    Undergoing the Certificate I this year, which isn't too hard.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I've currently only got a Certificate II in Broadcasting and Multimedia, which I did at the same time as finishing year 11-12, which is pretty good if you ask me. I'm jobless though, so it's not like I'm doing anything all day. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I should be finishing up my certificate in IT by the end of this year. After that, I'll go ahead and further my education and bump that to either an Associates or Bachelor's. I don't really know yet, and I should start thinking about my future.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm honestly pretty confused in deciding what I should do first. Go into ecology then major in marine biology, go into zoology then major in marine biology, go into zoology and major in ecology, go into zoology then major in wildlife biology, go into ecology then major in wildlife biology, or go into zoology then get a Ph.D in marine biology? I'm so confused. And I also want to be able to work with reptiles, not just sea life :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    If you really want to work with reptiles, maybe you should add in a few wildlife biology courses while you major in marine biology. Probably the Zoology --> Marine Biology is the best option for you.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    If you really want to work with reptiles, maybe you should add in a few wildlife biology courses while you major in marine biology. Probably the Zoology --> Marine Biology is the best option for you.
    I'll try doing that, but I was thinking about it, it'll be hard tho. Zoology -> Marine biology will let me only focus on the animal life and not as much as the ecosystem they live in. I would also like a back up plan so I can go study ecology. But, now I"m just asking for wayy to much and I have a headache x.x

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'll try doing that, but I was thinking about it, it'll be hard tho. Zoology -> Marine biology will let me only focus on the animal life and not as much as the ecosystem they live in. I would also like a back up plan so I can go study ecology. But, now I"m just asking for wayy to much and I have a headache x.x

/gives water to. :P

Double-majoring in both Zoology and Ecology is also a good plan. But I think that's too much.

You need to rest for a bit. I think you're getting a bit stressed on your future as much as I am. My parents are now asking me if I'm going to return back to my old home when I finish school at the end of this year. But that depends if I hopefully get a job here in San Diego. I think it's too early for me to decide, but now that I realize... time is going by soo fast, and so is everyone else's. My advice is to take a deep breath, turn off the TV, computer, anything that's easily distracting, and lay there on your bed. Usually plans come out successful using this method. lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm stressed enough just thinking about the neurosurgery path, which I think might be eventually necessary anyway. I know being a doctor isn't like how it's portrayed in TV shows like House, but it gives me good motivation. ♥

Don't be stressed. That's what my cousin advice to me, you'll have plenty of time to be stressed when you do get to your career, and for anyone who wants to become one, he says to make sure your family (meaning your wife or kids if you have them) are able to cope with you being away for long periods of time.

/gives water to. :P

Double-majoring in both Zoology and Ecology is also a good plan. But I think that's too much.

You need to rest for a bit. I think you're getting a bit stressed on your future as much as I am. My parents are now asking me if I'm going to return back to my old home when I finish school at the end of this year. But that depends if I hopefully get a job here in San Diego. I think it's too early for me to decide, but now that I realize... time is going by soo fast, and so is everyone else's. My advice is to take a deep breath, turn off the TV, computer, anything that's easily distracting, and lay there on your bed. Usually plans come out successful using this method. lol

Well, my parents take this seriously, and so do I. I'm going straight to college as soon as I'm done with high school so I can get it over with, seeing as I'm going to need my Ph.D in marine bio and such. I might actually go to San Fran, I haven't decided what college to go to yet. The University of Miami in Miami, University of Monterrey Bay in San Fran (?) or the University of Cape town in South Africa.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    You're getting into the field of neurosurgery? That's no easy task, you must be highly intelligent. And you're only 8 yrs old~! :cer_disbelief: You're like some sort of super genius. :cer_eek: That's very impressive.^^
    There's programs and scholarships that can help you pay your way through your studies, if you need any help, you can see what's available to you.
    It's all about not letting the stress get to you. When you start thinking about this and that, especially pertaining to your future and life, it can all pile up and you start to stress yourself out. One way or another, you'll get there to becoming a neurosurgeon, if that's truly what you really want. It's up to you on whether or not you let the stress get to you on your path to your career. So take a step back, take a deep breath, because everything is gonna be ok.
    If that doesn't work, there's always Audinos and other Pokémons you can take your stress out on. :cer_tongue: Take that, Igglybuff! :cer_evil:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, here's the thing: Now I'm finished with High School. My official path for neurosurgery starts as soon as I get to college, since I need to figure out ASAP what I need to do so I get the correct classes to focus on my major and what have you. After that, I need to focus on med school, and I know that's not going to be a cakewalk to pay for, so I don't know how I'm ever going to manage through that, but I think after I figure out and plan out everything accordingly, that my stress should alleviate. It's just a matter of thinking about my future too much.

Are you planning to go to Med. School first, or just go into college? Do you also have intern plans while in either of those two?

And I wouldn't want to be away from my family for long periods of time. :\ I mean....assuming that I do choose to have one, I want to have my equal time of work, and equal time with family. Being away from family for so long could have some quite negative psychological side-effects y'know(depending on who you are and your bond to your family).
    Yea, I get what you mean, my cousin regrets getting the job because he missed his kids birthday and such and always got home when they were asleep. But, after working for some time he got promoted to hospital director (?) and now he gets to spend more time and such with his family, but he has to spend more times in meetings and such.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years

Yes... double-majoring is very hard work- a friend of mine did so with his Biochemistry degree, and when he opted to do his Honours... oh boy. Just be prepared for a lot of hard work!

After reading all of this, I really wish that the American tertiary financing system worked more like Australia's. It doesn't seem like the government helps you guys out much at all! Granted, when I graduate, I'll earn good money but the first and maybe second year will be all about paying back to the government for my Psychology degree... >_<

Yea, I get what you mean, my cousin regrets getting the job because he missed his kids birthday and such and always got home when they were asleep. But, after working for some time he got promoted to hospital director (?) and now he gets to spend more time and such with his family, but he has to spend more times in meetings and such.

Hmm... it seems in those fields that the higher up the corporate ladder you climb, the less hands-on work you do. You become more of a high-class administrator. It's good money, but it must be boring...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hmm... it seems in those fields that the higher up the corporate ladder you climb, the less hands-on work you do. You become more of a high-class administrator. It's good money, but it must be boring...
    It's excellent money, he makes more than .5 million dollars a year ._.

And he says it isn't boring, he has to respond to calls, and he still does some surgeries every now and then because the staff is too busy. He always has to be on his toes and he hardly gets any sleep :/

Katja

Years
    Well I'm in my first year of community college...and I decided I want to do something with linguistics...preferably something with a double major in Japanese because that is my favorite language. :3

I have interest with all languages though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back