• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • The only complaint I have is the female sprite.

WTF were they thinking? I don't want to play Mario! I want to play Pokémon! o0

[Edit]

Also forgot... the English version sucks. The dialogues are much better in French :\ but I guess that's not the English version's fault lol. Still love the game.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • The only thing I don't really like is that to find Entei and Raikou I have to constantly keep bringing up the map instead of the highly useful app on DPPt.

And just for the record I think this game is great!

I completely agree with this statement. The Tracker App was a very useful feature.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I have a definite complaint, the engish versions of these games suck, they totally mutilated the game corner, and renamed tin tower to "bell tower"
    Those are two really tiny reasons (especially the name change) to claim that games are that bad. But meh, it's your opinion, just like I have mine.

My only real complaint so far is that I'm still not quite used to hitting the X button to bring up the menu instead of the Start button. It's always been the Start button in most RPGs that I've played to open the menu, but now it's X, and it was a small change.

Also, the Pokewalker is way too light. I kept thinking I didn't have it on me when I was walking around.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Also, the Pokewalker is way too light. I kept thinking I didn't have it on me when I was walking around.

I lost my Pokémon Pikachu because it was too light :| the silver-grey Pokémon Pikachu, too. I miss it sniff

I'm'a attach a chain to my PokéWalker and attach it to my pants - that way, I don't lose it, even if it falls.

That'd suck to put Raikou or Mewtwo in your PokéWalker and you lose it lol. Extra precautions, people!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The only complaint I have is the female sprite.

WTF were they thinking? I don't want to play Mario! I want to play Pokémon! o0

[Edit]

Also forgot... the English version sucks. The dialogues are much better in French :\ but I guess that's not the English version's fault lol. Still love the game.

Well, I just hate Lyra's socks, but it's your opinion.

Also, I never had a go at the French version, but so far, I can beat 75% of the SS games released posted on the Internet so far.

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
  • I'm very impressed with everything. The only BIG problem for me is the girl looks a little bit goofy... I loved Dawn's Platinum look. Why couldn't her hair just at least no stick out. I always play as the girl, so I picked her, but I don't like her hair when she's little. Also, the phone number thing sucks. I like that certain people that're important can call me, like Mom and Oak, and etc, but I hate how trainers call you about dumb ****. Other than that, I LOVEEEEE the game<33333

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    The only complaint, I have is the UK release date, I'm getting so bored of waiting.........

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    They renamed the first battle from ??? to Passerby Boy, I guess so others (like me) wont name him ??? like they did in the 2nd Gen.

I'm still naming him ??? for nostalgia reasons though :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    The only complaints I have are the ones that have been issues for a while. I hate how HMs pretty much force you to having certain types on your team as well as wasting an attack spot. Second I hate how we still dont have interesting sprites when surfing/flying.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • They renamed the first battle from ??? to Passerby Boy, I guess so others (like me) wont name him ??? like they did in the 2nd Gen.

I'm still naming him ??? for nostalgia reasons though

What?! That's crazy! I'm not getting the English version anymore! >:C okayyesiam. But they kept it the same in the Japanese version (from what I remember, it's been a while since I restarted) so why do that to the English? That's...ugh. Just ugh. No comment. My favorite rival has been ruined.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What?! That's crazy! I'm not getting the English version anymore! >:C okayyesiam. But they kept it the same in the Japanese version (from what I remember, it's been a while since I restarted) so why do that to the English? That's...ugh. Just ugh. No comment. My favorite rival has been ruined.
    Actually I recall someone saying they changed it to something like Passerby Boy in the Japanese as well, but don't quote me on that one. (Plus then they make it out that you 'see his name' and he's all 'what oh noes' and walks off, so it's more for someone to make up the name thn just call him ??? XD). If anyone remembers/knows please confirm either way...

And I'm curious on Japan's default name for him here as well (i.e. name he gets if you input nothing when asked his name). Instead of Silver like in Crystal, in HG he's Soul, and in SS, Heart.

Heart.

Yeah at least it's not a forced name and you can name him so I don't mind too much. =D Silver/??? for me! I can kinda see why...but then again the names here also contain the words Gold and Silver in them! Silly translators. That said I'm generally liking the translation.

To be fair though, we've known he'd be Passerby Boy thanks to pre-release pics for many months now. ;P And the more important thing - he acts like he did in GSC, maybe even a touch more mean arguably.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Dance Theater disappointment

If you're confused by this title, read on...

If you have played Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, you know by now that when in the fourth city of the game, there is a dance theater. In order to get the Surf HM, you would have to defeat all 5 Kimono Girls in the dance theater before speaking to the owner in order to obtain it. You probably think "This is a Gold and Silver remake. I can do the event to get free experience before fighting Morty." Well, you're wrong...

In HeartGold/SoulSilver, when you enter the dance theater, you see a Rocket Grunt harassing a Kimono Girl. So, you battle him and get alittle experience (what I mean by that is ALL the experience you can get in the dance theater), and get the Surf HM before you leave. The reason this sucks is because you don't fight the Kimono Girls! >_< Does this count as a positive or a negative part to the game? Leave me your thoughts.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I was a little down when I found out about that. Fighting the Eevee family before your gym battle was priceless. I wonder why we're not able to fight the Kimono Girls

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    I was a little down when I found out about that. Fighting the Eevee family before your gym battle was priceless. I wonder why we're not able to fight the Kimono Girls

Maybe it was either that the games would be too easy to beat experience and pokedex wise, or perhaps the people who made the game couldn't remake the pre-battle music for the Kimono Girls

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Merged your disappointment of the Kimono Girls' battle in the Dance Theater with our given Complaints thread.

You are still able to battle the Kimono Girls and their Eeveelutions though, just not as early. After defeating Clair, you get to challenge the five Kimono Girls. Once defeated, they'll give you a bell to summon either Lugia or Ho-Oh depending on the version you have.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Merged your disappointment of the Kimono Girls' battle in the Dance Theater with our given Complaints thread.

You are still able to battle the Kimono Girls and their Eeveelutions though, just not as early. After defeating Clair, you get to challenge the five Kimono Girls. Once defeated, they'll give you a bell to summon either Lugia or Ho-Oh depending on the version you have.

Cool, but what's the catch? Are the eeveelutions at rediculously high levels where there is no chance in hell of beating them?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I would have preferred the awesome crystal egg :( I got Tyrogue in it and it was shiny

Cool, but what's the catch? Are the eeveelutions at rediculously high levels where there is no chance in hell of beating them?

Theres that and you have to beat them all without rest.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    voltorb flip is a major issue with me. it's fun for about 5 minutes but they you want to snap you fligging DS in half because of how long its taking and you just start clicking random cards because IT TAKES TO F**KING LONG! i don't care if you people say voltorb flip is better, it sucks. the slots are awsome and i hate people who complain so **** like this happens. atlease let people buy coins god dammit...

Back