• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

darthbr

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Loving this hack! Trying to play it on EZ Flash IV but sadly it's not saving (getting "Error The M1 sub-circuit board is not installed " so it fails when saving :(

Would love is there any fix for this, if not, I will still playing it on an emulator

thanks a lot!

This flash card is really bad. Buy a ez flash ômega. Its not The rom fault. I play with ez flash ômega and it works Nice.

Loving this hack! Trying to play it on EZ Flash IV but sadly it's not saving (getting "Error The M1 sub-circuit board is not installed " so it fails when saving :(

Would love is there any fix for this, if not, I will still playing it on an emulator

thanks a lot!

That's not on the hack. That flashcart isn't compatible with GBA games that use the same type of saving as the Pokemon games do. Either there are settings you can tweak or it straight-up will never work with that flashcart. I am unfamiliar with that one, so I can't provide any help. Pokemon are fairly popular games to play on flashcarts, so you should Google around to see if your flashcart's settings can be modified on a per-game basis. Rest assured, this hack does play on hardware as intended.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    This hack is exactly what I wanted, unbelievable. Made an account just to post this.
    As this is the definitive Kanto experience in Gen III and is compatible with the other games, and you have yet to bless us with a RSE+ hack, do you have any particular recommended romhack for RSE to pair with?
    This works with PKHeX, but does it work with Trigger's PC?

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • This hack is exactly what I wanted, unbelievable. Made an account just to post this.
    As this is the definitive Kanto experience in Gen III and is compatible with the other games, and you have yet to bless us with a RSE+ hack, do you have any particular recommended romhack for RSE to pair with?

You can probably wait until I finish Pokémon Emerald X, it's getting there o/
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=466499

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    This game is sick!!! Been playing it on my Vita in the hospital. My baby had a heart defect and we were stuck in the hospital for over a month. This game and shin blue helped me pass the time and not focus on the sadness. And now I hear that my favorite rom hack, Crystal Dust, is going to be progressing again. I've been watching the forums since the undertaking of Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal, and a few other similar rom hacks. None of them them are as good as Crystal Dust in my opinion. I like the OEM experience!!!

Keep up the amazing work, and god bless!!

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • This game is sick!!! Been playing it on my Vita in the hospital. My baby had a heart defect and we were stuck in the hospital for over a month. This game and shin blue helped me pass the time and not focus on the sadness. And now I hear that my favorite rom hack, Crystal Dust, is going to be progressing again. I've been watching the forums since the undertaking of Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal, and a few other similar rom hacks. None of them them are as good as Crystal Dust in my opinion. I like the OEM experience!!!

Yay!

This hack is exactly what I wanted, unbelievable. Made an account just to post this.

I recommend Jaizu's Emerald Cross for a similar experience to an RSE+ for now. I'm not sure if Trigger's PC will work with this, but if you try it please report back if it does! If Trigger's PC touches the bag at all then it will most likely not work. Thanks for your comment.

This game is sick!!! Been playing it on my Vita in the hospital. My baby had a heart defect and we were stuck in the hospital for over a month. This game and shin blue helped me pass the time and not focus on the sadness. And now I hear that my favorite rom hack, Crystal Dust, is going to be progressing again. I've been watching the forums since the undertaking of Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal, and a few other similar rom hacks. None of them them are as good as Crystal Dust in my opinion. I like the OEM experience!!!

I hope your baby makes a full recovery! Glad FRLG+ could help take your mind off everything. Thanks for your comment.

Crystal Dust is being worked on again? Where is that posted?

I'm not singling you out here M3CHR0M4NC3R, but just quoting this comment as kind of a general one.

I see now that it was a mistake to mention that I was working on CD in this thread because it kind of made it seem like talking about it was on topic. I'd much appreciate it if we could keep this thread focused on FRLG+ discussion. CD development can be followed on Sierra's DoMoreAwesome Discord. I hope that we can keep CD-related discussion to that Discord and not have it spill over onto this thread from now on.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    I was looking for a hack like this for a long time until I found this one and was just amazing, I had a lot of fun playing with new features and I didn't have any bugs playing.
    Keep up this excellent work! 😁

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    I read the content and patch the game, and have a question, whats the advantages of having both games within one? will I have to play the same story in both games or I can choice any one and I can have all exclusive mons in one. Because I saw I can change between fr anf lg, but what does it mean? I'm exited about the new features, I choice LG and Im about to play in challenge mode with no free heals but can't see de advantage of having the option to change to FR further than having 2 parties almost identical. Ty.

Hi, friend. Can this be used as a Rom Base to create a Rom Hack? Or just to play?
    My official stance is that all mods of FRLG+ are unauthorized and unsupported but I can't stop you because everything's open source. If you do want to use this as a ROM base, I don't offer any support and don't accept questions regarding developing a mod of this hack. If you're not a decomp hacker then you'll be unable to actually work with this anyway.
    I was looking for a hack like this for a long time until I found this one and was just amazing, I had a lot of fun playing with new features and I didn't have any bugs playing.
    Keep up this excellent work! 😁
    Thanks for your comments.
    I read the content and patch the game, and have a question, whats the advantages of having both games within one? will I have to play the same story in both games or I can choice any one and I can have all exclusive mons in one. Because I saw I can change between fr anf lg, but what does it mean? I'm exited about the new features, I choice LG and Im about to play in challenge mode with no free heals but can't see de advantage of having the option to change to FR further than having 2 parties almost identical. Ty.
    The version switch doesn't give you a whole new savefile, there is only one savefile for both versions. When you switch the version you will continue where you left off in your last save. The switch is there mainly to allow the player to get all the version exclusives in one savefile legally without trading. Everything about your save persists through changing versions, it's just that the game world is the other version's game world now. In other words, your save doesn't change, the world you play it in does.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    How do I download this? A link to a playable version after unzipping the file is something I can't find

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Hi, I've played this hack for a bit now and I must say the various features have really made a positive difference so far. Good job!
    I got 2 questions which I hope you can help me with.

1. I wanna trade evolve between my FRLG+ save and another vanilla FR save, but they don't seem to connect. I've selected "New multiplayer window" on my mGBA and setup both players ready to train at a Pokemon center, but I'm stuck on the "Please wait." screen and nothing more happens. I can trade between any other versions (vanilla FR with vanillla LG for instance), but not when FRLG+ is involved. Any ideas?

2. More of a personal preference, but is it possible to disable the quick health bar drain somewhere? Even though it's meant to be a timesave, I just think having HP deplete slower is more satisfying and make the moves you do feel more powerful.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Thank you for looping the bag around as per my github request! You're a diamond. Also, many thanks for filling another request of mine, bag sorting. If this wasn't already the definitive way to play this game, it certainly is now!

Hi, I've played this hack for a bit now and I must say the various features have really made a positive difference so far. Good job!
    I got 2 questions which I hope you can help me with.

1. I wanna trade evolve between my FRLG+ save and another vanilla FR save, but they don't seem to connect. I've selected "New multiplayer window" on my mGBA and setup both players ready to train at a Pokemon center, but I'm stuck on the "Please wait." screen and nothing more happens. I can trade between any other versions (vanilla FR with vanillla LG for instance), but not when FRLG+ is involved. Any ideas?

2. More of a personal preference, but is it possible to disable the quick health bar drain somewhere? Even though it's meant to be a timesave, I just think having HP deplete slower is more satisfying and make the moves you do feel more powerful.
    Hi there.

1. FRLG+ is fully compatible with vanilla FR. I'm not sure what the issue is here, but I'm assuming it's something to do with your system or emulator settings.

2. The new release does just that, based on your feedback! Check my next post!
    If boulder puzzles remain, what if you mess it up?
    As Jaizu mentioned, the boulder puzzle states are only saved once you've solved them. There's no need to worry that you'll mess up a puzzle and get stuck.
    Thank you for looping the bag around as per my github request! You're a diamond. Also, many thanks for filling another request of mine, bag sorting. If this wasn't already the definitive way to play this game, it certainly is now!
    Thank you for your feedback!

Back