• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2023
    Hello, i'm not native american so my english may fail sometimes.

I've been addicted to your rom for a few days and i'm almost zeroing it, but i can't at all get the Corsola.

Anyway, thank you for creating this rom because it is magnificent

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Quick question: Is this trade-compatible with Emerald Cross?
    Yes. As long as you don't have options enabled on Emerald Cross' side that disable linking, then you should be able to trade the moment you receive the Pokedex in FRLG+.

Hello, i'm not native american so my english may fail sometimes.

I've been addicted to your rom for a few days and i'm almost zeroing it, but i can't at all get the Corsola.

Anyway, thank you for creating this rom because it is magnificent
    Thanks for your comments. Corsola is available from
    Spoiler:

...the best qol emerald fangame ever made.
    For now...

I have a question, how do I get Deoxys and the legendary beasts in this game?
    Read the FAQ.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    All right thanks but I also want to mention something. I got a Pokemon with pokerus via trading in Pokemon Emerald Cross Beta 3 , but when I use it in battle it looks like it cannot spread the pokerus to other Pokemon in the party. I need to know if this is a bug?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • All right thanks but I also want to mention something. I got a Pokemon with pokerus via trading in Pokemon Emerald Cross Beta 3 , but when I use it in battle it looks like it cannot spread the pokerus to other Pokemon in the party. I need to know if this is a bug?

That is the vanilla FRLG behavior. Pokerus doesn't spread, never progresses, and is never caught or cured in FRLG. Because I'm not including an RTC, I'm okay with Pokerus being frozen in place and not spreading like FRLG had it originally.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    Dude, just wanted to say that this hack is an absolute godsend! ^^ Thank you so much. The attention to detail on display here is amazing, and I really love how you kept the Gen 3 flavor intact. The QoL changes are much appreciated, the extra options allow for different types of runs (Nuzlocke Mode in particular being a fantastic addition), and of course, the buffs to the Gym Leaders and Elite Four on Challenge Mode put the stupidest smile on my face each time. You really did underdogs like Blaine and Bruno justice, Giovanni feels much better now, and Surge scared the shit out of me when I first saw what he had. Sabrina is a genuine runkiller now.

Spoiler-related Suggestion:
    Spoiler:

I'm gonna have a hard time ever playing Vanilla FR/LG ever again, haha. I don't mean to sound like a simp, but hard work deserves to be appreciated.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Dude, just wanted to say that this hack is an absolute godsend! ^^ Thank you so much. The attention to detail on display here is amazing, and I really love how you kept the Gen 3 flavor intact. The QoL changes are much appreciated, the extra options allow for different types of runs (Nuzlocke Mode in particular being a fantastic addition), and of course, the buffs to the Gym Leaders and Elite Four on Challenge Mode put the stupidest smile on my face each time. You really did underdogs like Blaine and Bruno justice, Giovanni feels much better now, and Surge scared the shit out of me when I first saw what he had. Sabrina is a genuine runkiller now.

Spoiler-related Suggestion:
    Spoiler:

I'm gonna have a hard time ever playing Vanilla FR/LG ever again, haha. I don't mean to sound like a simp, but hard work deserves to be appreciated.

Thanks for your comments. I tried very hard to preserve the flavor while still making room for players to customize their runs.

In regards to your spoiled suggestion:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    I am having trouble finding any information about it so I was wondering which johto mons are unavailable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    One more question are all the pokemon that are unobtainable available from the hoenn games including the missing johto pokemon or are the GameCube games required as well?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I am having trouble finding any information about it so I was wondering which johto mons are unavailable.

This missing Johto Pokemon are the Johto starter lines and Celebi, for a total of ten Johto Pokemon missing.
    One more question are all the pokemon that are unobtainable available from the hoenn games including the missing johto pokemon or are the GameCube games required as well?

Technically, everything missing is available in the Hoenn games, save for Celebi and Jirachi. But you would have to go through Emerald multiple times to get all three of the missing Johto starters (if you weren't making save backups before choosing a Johto starter so you could get multiple out of the same file). It would likely be quicker and easier to speedrun through Colosseum and get the Johto starters that way. For Celebi itself, distribute it from the JP Colosseum bonus disc to a JP Ruby or Sapphire game and then trade it into FRLG+. Jirachi would need to be distributed from the US Colosseum Bonus Disc or the PAL Pokemon Channel to an English Ruby or Sapphire game and then traded into FRLG+. In the future, I will make FRLG+ directly compatible with (at least) the US Colosseum Bonus Disc so Jirachi can be obtained without Ruby or Sapphire as a middleman.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Can pokemon follow like latest radical red version? Literally just looking for a fire red hack that has mon following from first 3 generations

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    I accidentally corrupted the bag cuz Im retarded and didnt read the whole post. Any way to fix it or am I gonna have to play like this?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I accidentally corrupted the bag cuz Im retarded and didnt read the whole post. Any way to fix it or am I gonna have to play like this?

You could try to make an AR or Gameshark code that zeroes out the bag in RAM to clear everything out, but otherwise no. You would have to restart or continue playing with the corrupted bag as long as you're not missing plot coupon items that you will be soft locked without (things like the Silph Scope pre-Marowak's ghost, or the PokeFlute pre-Snorlax).

Years
    • She / They
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    Hi! Thank you for the romhack!!

Playing challenge mod as a nuzlocke, so far so good! Having a lot of fun but really tired of the grinding in general (a personal preference of course).

So I'd like to hack in rare candies to cut the grinding (as I use level caps) and EV berries (as I've use a full team of meowths for 200 or so battles, and so far... 6 EV Berries :c )

But the only way I know how to edit the bag is with PKHex. However, as stated in the main post it is not possible. I did my first run by filling boxes with pokemon holding rare candies and picking them up in game after but it's really tedious, especially if you wipe as you can't access the PC before getting your starter and I would have to do it all over again. :/

So, I come to ask, is it possible to hack items into your bag without using pkhex and if so how?

I'm still having a good time of course, the romhack is amazingly well made. But I feel a bit restricted items wise and was wondering if it was possible.

Thank you for your hard work 🙇

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Hi! Thank you for the romhack!!

Playing challenge mod as a nuzlocke, so far so good! Having a lot of fun but really tired of the grinding in general (a personal preference of course).

So I'd like to hack in rare candies to cut the grinding (as I use level caps) and EV berries (as I've use a full team of meowths for 200 or so battles, and so far... 6 EV Berries :c )

But the only way I know how to edit the bag is with PKHex. However, as stated in the main post it is not possible. I did my first run by filling boxes with pokemon holding rare candies and picking them up in game after but it's really tedious, especially if you wipe as you can't access the PC before getting your starter and I would have to do it all over again. :/

So, I come to ask, is it possible to hack items into your bag without using pkhex and if so how?

I'm still having a good time of course, the romhack is amazingly well made. But I feel a bit restricted items wise and was wondering if it was possible.

Thank you for your hard work 🙇
    Is the 2x experience gain key insufficient? It stacks with the traded experience boost and Lucky Egg (though you'd have to search for one on a wild Chansey).

You could create a Gameshark or AR code to fill your bag with Rare Candies, but you'd have to find the addresses for the bag slots, as well as disable the DMA (I think).

The easier way is to edit the source code and add a script or something that gives you 999 Rare Candies, attach it to a sign or NPC that you can interact with, and then build the ROM and play that.

Years
    • She / They
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    Is the 2x experience gain key insufficient? It stacks with the traded experience boost and Lucky Egg (though you'd have to search for one on a wild Chansey).

You could create a Gameshark or AR code to fill your bag with Rare Candies, but you'd have to find the addresses for the bag slots, as well as disable the DMA (I think).

The easier way is to edit the source code and add a script or something that gives you 999 Rare Candies, attach it to a sign or NPC that you can interact with, and then build the ROM and play that.

Yeah, when I need to build teams I have to grind multiple pokemon and it takes way too long for my attention span... Unfortunately it's mostly the cause of why I stop most of my nuzlocke attempts as I get bored of gridding really quickly. Though I'm sure the 2x is plenty for a normal playthrough, and it helps a lot don't get me wrong! But as you progress through the game and have more encounters to build specific teams for the gym leaders it multiplies the number of pokemon to train and the time to grind too.

The NPC one seems great! But I don't have any experience in coding unfortunately... I wouldn't know how where to begin...

Last edited:
    Years
    • She / They
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    Following this set of tutorials, I'm trying to open the romhack gba file into Advance map but it doesn't seem to work... What should I do? The script I created is really simple and I don't know how to fully script an npc or a sign without advance map...

Edit : Learning that it is a decomp files I'll try this set of tutorials.

Edit 2 : Porymap doesn't open the game files from git hub because of a problem with the wild encounters file... argh I give up ha ha! I'll just do the pokemon in the pc holding the rare candies even if it's long... Though it did give me even more appreciation for rom hack creators knowing all the work and complicated stuff behind the scenes! 😊

Last edited:
    Back