• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Completely dead?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    Emulation is probably the greatest reason to own a DS flashcart, actually (other than, y'know, being able to keep backup copies of every DS game you own on one cartridge).

Totally agree. I got TTDS and I play red, crystal, brown and prism on it.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Whenever i take a long trip, It's time to break out the Pokemon Silver! I'm trying to make every pokemon i ever caught lv 100!

I only have 5 though lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    I love crystal don't like original games (RBY), but I think a bit of crystal never hurts! :P despite having both heart gold and soul silver! I think I'm more suprised you have a black ROM! :)

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Lost Blue 10 years ago, and gave Crystal away when I realized I couldn't play it anymore (damned DS).

Years
  • I actually play them more than the newer games. My Silver Version doesn't save anymore, but Red and Gold work absolutely fine. And I'm trying to get ahold of copies of Crystal and Yellow by checking GameStop every time I go to the mall. As odd as it sounds, I really don't like the newer graphics, they're just too realistic. Whatever happened to the cheesy little squares of grass?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    I still have all of the cartridges of Yellow, Blue, Red, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. But I don't even touch Crystal and Red because of my amazing teams. But as of recently, I've just been playing the Roms.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The batteries in all of our (my brother and myself) copies of the first and second generation games are dead, though for whatever reason my brother still has my old Blue version in an old (original) Game Boy carrying case that he now uses to store peripherals like GBA link cables.

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • My old Pokemon Silver cartridge: resurrected from the dead without battery replacement. How? As an avid electrician, I opened it up with a game bit, jumped the original battery with one of my spare watch batteries and a spare gator clip lead, fired up the old atomic purple (Game Boy Color), and now the game looks like it's holding its own quite well. I never had time to return to the game and nab Badge 2 of 16.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Let me just say, if I thought that these games were dead, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of fixing the corrupted battery on my Gold, oh yeah, and it's also sitting by me right now. :)

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
  • Unfortunately I sold my older Pokémon games along with my GBA. If I hadn't had sold them, I can honestly imagine myself playing through them again. Classics never get old in my opinion.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Pokemon Crystal is the best video game ever made.

I've ran through it about a million times.

Although I'll probably give Black and White a run eventually, I don't foresee them overshadowing my favourite. After all, in my opinion, 251 is plenty of Pokemon. ;) I mean, the newer games aren't BAD, they just don't give me the satisfaction I get from completing Red or Silver.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I actually just picked up my Blue version and my Gameboy Color and started a whole new game on it.
    This game really does bring back some great memories and I love playing it.
    The music is great to listen to, and for an old Gameboy game, the graphics are actually pretty great.
    Not sure if I'll finish the entire game, though.

Pokemon Ranger Lisa

Without a voice...
    Years
  • NEVER!!! my metal and colors games shall live on!! XD

My Silver game still works mostly, except that sometiems the screen goes black or something and i have to restart. so I have to save really really often, and my pokemon yellow and red still work just fine. I dont play them much anymore though - HG/SS is where it's at. ^_^

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    My Red Saved Data has been deleted for some reason.... There is no data on the game... Started a new game yesterday..... I am at Blaine already.... I miss these games....

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I think they're not old, yet. o_O I still regularly play my Crystal and Yellow. :3

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I still own all of my First and Second Generation games, but I no longer play them as such. Since my Gold cartridge died, I feel too upset to return to my childhood games, in case any of them died off too. Plus, my terrible noobishness would be on them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They do collect dust in my room, makes me think I should give them to the newer youngins of the world.
    Ah but they all have better things now...

I'll replace the batteries before I sell them/play them much again.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • My favorite generation is and will always be the 2nd. HeartGold and SoulSilver are pretty good remakes, but I like the original ones most. Especially since I transferred my Mew glitch Mew to my Crystal and trained it to level 88. And my shiny Tangela, my only true 1 in 8000 chance shiny in my life! And the strange gender changing glitch I experienced. I have too many memories and I will never stop playing Crystal!

hazelfraz

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • They wont ever be dead they were the start of this whole thing i think it will always be there just as long there is a pokmaniac somewhere

Back