• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Complexion

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm sorta tanned brown I guess. I'm not really a dark brown or a pale brown, but sorta the brownish tan you get from being in the sun too long I guess? Do you like your skin? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. No mostly because of my skin problems.
    I don't really get much acne - once in a while I guess, but not really - but ever since I was a kid it's been on and off with the eczema and dry skin which can get pretty horrible.
    I have a lot of skin products and have had a variety over the years to help with my skin.
    My skin is pretty decent at the moment, but yeah things can change suddenly, but I haven't had anything too bad in the recent years.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I'm as white as a sheet.

And my skin? It... has its fair share of complexities I would say. I think shaving seems to be what aggravates it MOSTLY. Otherwise there's the odd flaw but having no flaws is just weird. 8D

Years
    I would say I'm halfway between pale and tanned-white.

I have quite a bit of acne on my face as well right now. I feel that I was a late-bloomer with having acne on my face, because my face was really pale and acne-free up until I turned 19. Most of my friends from high school had acne on their faces when they were 15.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Meanwhile, this ambrosia and nectar is simply delectable!

immortality sounds like a drag to me. experiencing things for the first time gives life that magic for me and idk being around for THAT long would drastically reduce the amount of new experiences over time? humanity already has a p.good lifespan considering!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm white, and have the skin color you'd expect from any natural blonde.

So pale, you're almost translucent.

As far as acne goes, I've always had trouble with it. Most types of face wash dry my skin out, and most moisturizers make my skin too oily, no matter how much of it I use lmao. I'm basically a lost cause, ugh.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I'm pretty white. Not über white, but rather pale. I used to get trouble with acne, but it died off after a couple of years. I'm lucky in that respect I guess. Otherwise my skin is fairly plain all over really. I get some weird spots on my chest occasionally, but they do go as well. I have a fair few moles on my skin, but all are round and rather uniform in shape. No dangerous ones. The only other blemishes I have are scars, and there are a fair few on my hands and arms, below my stomach (close to that area from a hernia I had), my leg and one by my toe. I don't have any kind of regime with my skin as far as caring for it goes. I shower every other day, and I wash most days (unless I'm staying in and don't want to get dressed). The only time I moisturise is after I shave. I moisturise my neck especially, because of horrible irritation I get with stubble growing back.

pkmin3033

I'm pale enough to probably pass for a vampire; ill health and more time spent indoors than out have combined to make me quite pale, although I do have a little more colour to my face than I did a couple of years ago. I do not sparkle, for the record. Because of my hair colour I burn very easily as well, which is added incentive for me to avoid sunlight.

I only get acne when I'm stressed. Around exam time I would suddenly break out in spots, then it'd clear up within the week afterwards, so my answer to acne was to just deal with whatever was stressing me out at the time...or bide my time and wait, as often as not. I don't really have any skin-care techniques, other than to wash regularly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What's your skin tone like?
    It's bless. Sort of white pale but yellowish when I stand next to real pale people haha. Or when I dye my hair reddish. Then I look really yellow :x I shouldn't have red hair, I learned.

What colour are you?
    Skin color!

Do you like your skin?
    Yeah. It's smooth and never had eczema or dry parts like so many others seemed to. It's just smooth and nice :3 Brown marks here and there on arms and legs, not freckles but not quite birthmarks I think? Just speckles. Or cancer, who knows. Let's not joke about it, sorry.

Do you have any acne problems or the like?
    That's the bad part. I've always since early teenage years had some problems with acne. It didn't stop when I stopped being a teenager ;; It's nothing extreme, but it's annoying.

How do you deal with them?
    I keep my face clean and try not to scratch where it itches (failing). Also I put on mineral make up every day because my face looks kind of flaming/rosy/spotty otherwise :(

Do you have any skincare routines? If so, what are they?
    I wash my face with special soap thingy (soap free though, what do you call it then, face wash simply?) every night. I should do it in the mornings too but I'm lazy :x Also I have a lovely cream that smells of peach that I put on in the evenings that helps keep the skin smooth and keeps the worst away :3 I have another cream in daytime, under the make up, but I'm starting to believe the one I'm currently using is a bit too fat for my skin so I'm probably going to change it.

:D

Years
    I forgot to mention, my skin tone is medium light, or between tan and fair skin. I have a bit of Czech and Native American ancestory mixed with European.

I'm white, and have the skin color you'd expect from any natural blonde.

So pale, you're almost translucent.

As far as acne goes, I've always had trouble with it. Most types of face wash dry my skin out, and most moisturizers make my skin too oily, no matter how much of it I use lmao. I'm basically a lost cause, ugh.

You might want to try moisturizing acids (aha)

Basically, these are moisturizers that, if anything, with dry your skin, but assist in sloughing off the top layer of skin gradually unlike acid peels or benzo/salicylic acids, which don't assist in exfoliating, and rather work to dry the surface of the skin without actually addressing the lipids/connective tissues holding the superficial layer of the epidermis over the surface. Gradual peeling has always been a good method for me, also no scrubs or beaded washes for me, since those work by causing tiny cuts into the skins surface, which can instigate further inflammation. Inflammation can increase oil production and cause blockages which allows for increased breakout in the long run. (for me an acne scrub caused acne outbreaks in a couple days.)

I never scrub, rub, pick, or anything because moisturizing acids essentially do it for me without causing further issues.

Just a suggestion, but maybe you might want to try out a week or two.

Here is an example, but be sure to look around to see if a similar product sounds best suited for you.

Glycolic (AHA) Lotion
    https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Hydrox-AHA-Enhanced-Lotion/dp/B000052YM7

Lactic Acid Moisturizer
    https://www.amazon.com/AmLactin-12-...rizer+am&pebp=1421714218460&peasin=B000TTPZQ6

Years
    I'm another member here who's very fair-skinned, and prone to sunburn. It's probably why I always try to stay out of the sunlight, and given that I enjoy the sun it can get annoying if I find a burn or a rash on my body.

I also tend to have pimples a lot, and I even suffered blackheads often to the point I had to use facial cleansers. Fair skinned is always never fun to treat so I feel for those who go through the same problems as myself.

Years
    I'm another member here who's very fair-skinned, and prone to sunburn. It's probably why I always try to stay out of the sunlight, and given that I enjoy the sun it can get annoying if I find a burn or a rash on my body.

I also tend to have pimples a lot, and I even suffered blackheads often to the point I had to use facial cleansers. Fair skinned is always never fun to treat so I feel for those who go through the same problems as myself.

I always forget about this. Fair skin means low melanin creation which means more sensitive to the sun, which means skin care should follow.

Any of my suggestions might be dangerous for the those with very fair skin and sun sensitivity.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    I'm pale... it's kind of a given when you're from Scotland and your mum is a redhead.

My Skin is horrendous at the moment and has been the bane of my existence since November!

I just didn't realise for the longest time that I was drying out my skin with the products I was using... and they were exacerbating the original problem. A breakout of spots on my forehead. I stopped using the products eventually however and now I stick to a simple day and night moisturiser from the Body Shop (The Aloe vera range) and their oil cleanser, on the days that I wear make-up.

Before that however, I was using a face wash, toner, essence and lotion made with tea-tree essence. I'm definitely enjoying the fact that my new skincare routine takes less time, and seems to be clearing up my spots.

After that I just have to deal with all the blackheads. Sometimes I think it would be better if we didn't have all these fancy products for our skin. I feel as though they cause more problems than they fix.

I am quite pale as well. Also I am ginger and from great Britain as well

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm pale white i'm like a duracell battery brown. i've looked at this thread for a while now and haven't really been able to describe my color but that's probably as close as it gets. i have eczema but it's rarely noticeable and gotten wayy better since i was a kid. i have dry skin which tbh in a way is great, i just put on moisturizer and i don't have to worry about being oily. i use neutrogena gentle face wash and use philosophy's hope in a jar moisturizer. i have really thought of it but i love my skin and the minimal acne i get every now and then.

Back