• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conficker-the major virus bomb of 09 said to lay down its might on april 1st.

Guppo

They went that way, officer
    Years
    We're fully protected, so I don't really care about this virus.

It's sort of pitiful some people have the time to make crap like this on their own free time...

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    Well I actually think thats it's not going to do much but its out there.

Theres no way its a hoax. First of all theres a reward for finding the creator or w/e.

Second the virus first surfaced a few months ago.

April 1st is just a date. Probably just to scare people.

What I really want to know is how people get it. Other then on networks and usbs.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Did anything really even happen with this today? Or was it just someone's joke.

Switchblade

Steel Master.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    "Explicit" Websites. "Bad" Torrents. Dodgy attachments in emails. Hacked websites puttiing in bad downloads where good ones previously existed, Etc. The internets a big bad place.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I haven't seen anything in the news so I suppose either it was just a day suggested to freak everyone out and we'll really get owned tomorrow or it was just a joke entirely.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    So, nothing happened today? What about tommorow?

This is most likely just a false alarm, just like Y2K.

Zet

Years
    BEFORE POSTING ASKING HOW ABOUT "HOW TO GET IT" OR "AM I SAFE?", READ OVER PREVIOUS POSTS

seriously guys, it's not good seeing people asking already answered questions

xMeowthz

Starting off fresh, again.
    Years
    IT IS real. There's an email with the subject "Life Is Beautiful" that has a dEADLy virus. Back on topic: 36 viruses on my Vista.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Where did the threat even come for, who gave this damn date? Seems suspicious with that and people get regular viruses all the time so its no surprise that people actually have viruses.

Years
    I have a Mac, so I'm safe! : D

To me, this thing sounds like some sci-fi movie in real life.

Mastermind hacker dude sends out worm and gains control of all computers in the world. He then uses these zombie computers to take over the world...

xD

Zet

Years
    I have a Mac, so I'm safe! : D

To me, this thing sounds like some sci-fi movie in real life.

Mastermind hacker dude sends out worm and gains control of all computers in the world. He then uses these zombie computers to take over the world...

xD
    Macs were safe at first but now they're not :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Uh oh! I hope I dont get it. I thought I was safe with this mac and the school has not warned us of anything.

Years
    My Computer is already virus't. Photobooth and iTunes cause the computer to crash upon Launch.
    Macs are still safe, as far as I know, since it was checked for Windows-Only, and I have also heard that the directions for the virus' attack have not been given to it yet.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Macs were safe at first but now they're not :P
    I still haven't found anywhere that confirms this, so I must still refute it. Please share your source.

Uh oh! I hope I dont get it. I thought I was safe with this mac and the school has not warned us of anything.
    If you're using Mac OS X, that is still safe. If you are using Windows on your mac than you should still use the proper precautions as if you were using any other pc.

Back