• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conficker-the major virus bomb of 09 said to lay down its might on april 1st.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    My mom just updated her computer, and now she's updating mine. :3

My mom also said that tomorrow, I cannot go on any websites, so, I won't be on here all day tomorrow, unfortunately, missing April Fools day here! ;______;

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Not going on the computer for one day won't help as the worm is running everyday from April the 1st. Today is when the worm is activated, so it still will be functioning tomorrow, the next day and so on.
    This. With all the people offline thinking they're avoiding something big, the threat won't be as big.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    hey guys, just want to let all you mac users know, I heard a rumor going around that there's a mac version of this
    ... Oh?! Well, I'm screwed..

I really hope that this is just a joke or something, because a lot of computers are goin' to fail durin' the beginning of April..

Zet

Years
    I really wish I could put up a huge notice saying that conficker will still get you any day of the year, it activates april 1st, you can still get infected in 5 days time, 1 month time etc

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    yeah, I'm sure home users would love losing their credit card and bank details from conficker

What if someone doesn't do any of that stuff? My dad is usually the one that does all the stuff for me like that. If anyone wopuld get it, it would be him.

Would it still affect me even if I hardly ever placed credit card information and all that in my computer? Meh. My parents want me to shut down my computer when I go to bed tonight. As they say it won't affect me if it's off. D:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    hey guys, just want to let all you mac users know, I heard a rumor going around that there's a mac version of this

I feel that I must refute this statement unless someone can point out information supporting this, I have checked every Anti-virus website that has support for macs and have found absolutely nothing to suggest that there is a version of Conficker that targets the Mac OS X operating system.
    Intego Macintosh Internet Security said:
    his worm, which affects Windows computers, has no effect on Mac OS X; at least not yet. Intego's Virus Monitoring Center is on full alert in case a Mac OS X variant of this worm should appear, but, so far, Mac users are in the clear. However, Mac users who run Windows on their Macs are at the same risk as those running Windows on PCs.
    As the quote states, If you use a version of Windows using a Boot Camp set up, then only that partition that contains Windows should be affected.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I feel that I must refute this statement unless someone can point out information supporting this, I have checked every Anti-virus website that has support for macs and have found absolutely nothing to suggest that there is a version of Conficker that targets the Mac OS X operating system.

As the quote states, If you use a version of Windows using a Boot Camp set up, then only that partition that contains Windows should be affected.

Thanks
    To add to that, an article on Yahoo confirmed that Macs were immune to this one.

Years
    Well it's well into the day for a large chunk of the world, and there's no news of anything. I've got Xubuntu on my desktop, so I've got that as an option if something happens, but I can't see a problem.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    just to re-itterate, if your on a mac and using the Mac OS X operating system, you have nothing to worry, but if you are on a mac and Run Microsoft Windows (any version) whether in a virtual machine or via Boot Camp you still need to check.

If you use Mac OS X and use USB drives regularly with Windows based machines, you can download an anti-virus for Macs so that you do not transfer the Conficker to your Windows computers.
    I use iAntivirus (free) or you can also use ClamXav (free), or get a paid antivirus/antispam from Intego Internet Security or Norton.

Back