• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Converse high top or low tops?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My black pair of low top converses has run its course. I'm going to replace them with a brand new pair of black converses. The thing is, I don't know if I should go for the high tops or low tops.

Your thoughts?

Low tops are easier to take off and let my feet breathe more in the heat, but they also keep cutting the back of my heel which is extremely annoying. Especially when I'm walking around with band-aids as protection.

High tops feel more comfortable around the ankles but are more tedious to take off. Though they keep my ankles warm during colder days.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • ....Converses are shoes right?

I'm just gonna leave it at that, you don't want to be taking shoe advice from me. I've been wearing the same pair of boots for almost 3 years now lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    ....Converses are shoes right?

I'm just gonna leave it at that, you don't want to be taking shoe advice from me. I've been wearing the same pair of boots for almost 3 years now lol.

Yeah the classic canvas sneakers. xD

Boots look awesome but wearing them tire me out.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Red or white high top converse shoes because the tenth doctor. Honestly, I don't wear them. I wear skateboard shoes because I have flat feet. XD I do love converse though, and I am hoping to get a pair when i cosplay the tenth doctor too, if I can find a pair that fit me. >< I've worn my DCs for about a month or so? I just got them recently. I don't always wear my shoes until they wear out. Most of the time, if they don't fit right, than that means I have to get a new pair.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Shoes should never be rubbing against your feet, regardless of design, if they're doing that then they don't fit properly. Nobody should have to put up with that discomfort! Maybe try half a size different low tops and see if you get better comfort from them, then your problem is pretty much solved.

Tbh I prefer high tops because they just look better IMO. I wear my Converse all year round except for cold/rain and in heat. If you want that extra breathing room for hot days, consider getting some deck/boat shoes that you can wear without socks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Shoes should never be rubbing against your feet, regardless of design, if they're doing that then they don't fit properly. Nobody should have to put up with that discomfort! Maybe try half a size different low tops and see if you get better comfort from them, then your problem is pretty much solved.

Tbh I prefer high tops because they just look better IMO. I wear my Converse all year round except for cold/rain and in heat. If you want that extra breathing room for hot days, consider getting some deck/boat shoes that you can wear without socks.

But see that's the weird thing. I wear Vans size 9 with no problem, (only 1 pair cut me because of the leather). So when I get converses (which are generally bigger than average sneakers) in Size 8.5, they feel totally comfortable and I even wear thin socks. However 1 pair cut me on the same foot (right) that the Vans did. Maybe I was walking weirdly Idk.

But yeah, I think I might go with high tops and just get some boat shoes for the summer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    But see that's the weird thing. I wear Vans size 9 with no problem, (only 1 pair cut me because of the leather). So when I get converses (which are generally bigger than average sneakers) in Size 8.5, they feel totally comfortable and I even wear thin socks. However 1 pair cut me on the same foot (right) that the Vans did. Maybe I was walking weirdly Idk.

But yeah, I think I might go with high tops and just get some boat shoes for the summer.

Maybe your right foot is smaller or larger than your left then, it's pretty common. You can get padding inserts that you can put on the back of the shoe to prevent it rubbing, I had to do that for a pair of shoes I used to have.

But yeah, sounds like a plan. Hope you're happy with them dude.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    here I thought only girls face that ankle rubbing problem with the kinds of shoes we wear.

I understand why you're hesitating with the high tops though. I was having a hard time deciding on low tops or high tops mainly because I didn't want to deal with unlacing them if I got high tops. I went with all black high tops anyway and it's not as bad as I thought. I lace them up to the second to last slot. When I take them off I just untie and loosen the strings without unlacing and you're done in about 5 more seconds than if you had low tops.

My only complaint is wearing high tops with shorts on a hot day. Makes my ankles sweaty and slightly uncomfortable, but I think if you wear a thin long sock underneath (I only have ankle socks) it would stop the feeling of bare sweaty ankles against high top shoes.

So my overall opinion is that high tops are totally manageable and not as all as annoying as I thought they would be. If you live in a hot area though I wouldn't make them a year round shoe of choice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I always go with low tops because they're easier to take off. High tops rub against my ankles and annoy me. But that's just personal opinion (;

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I currently own a pair of Converse mid-tops. I don't have any other pair of shoes/footwear besides a pair of flip-flops and a pair of dress shoes so it's the only pair of shoes I wear daily. They're really comfy shoes, but I do prefer low tops cause of how easy they are to take off. I've only had two pairs of Converse so far, but I'm really getting into canvas shoes and skater shoes so I'll likely buy more in the future. I really don't like the look or feel of high-tops, but the mid-tops I have now aren't bad.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I used to wear low tops, but I switched to high tops and never looked back. I just like how they cover my ankle so much more, idk why. I also like how they look better. Gonna be honest, I don't think I have a real concrete reason that would be good enough to convince someone else to buy them lol.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • When I used to wear Converse, they were always low-tops. I just preferred the low-top design over the high-top. I don't wear Converse anymore, though, as I feel like they look like clown shoes on me since my feet are ginormous. -_-

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • It honestly depends on your sense of style, in my opinion. Both look good, one should look better in some circumstances compared to the other. My personal choice would be the high tops.

Back