• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
  • Pokedex entries are a good basis on your Pokemon's abilities (Magcargo being hotter than the sun = Magcargo's hot as hell, Raichu can faint an Indian elephant = Raichu's electricity could inflict serious damage on a large Pokemon, etc.), no matter how exaggerated they are.

Interpret the natural biology of your chosen species as you will.

Fair enough, I changed it so he had to take homeostasis pills.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Hmm...so, I haven't heard anything about Varien trying to escape. I don't want any hold ups, especially seeing how I have time to write now, but is it better to wait for Varien's response or just assume he's still down there, therefore busting him when it's likely that the spray will burn him and expose him?

Blair went back to get the bowl for Errol, brought out the bowl, and then went back to get the cleaning spray. Castiel mentioned left the Supply Room somewhere in that time after she came in the first time around and went onto the floor to demand everyone's attention.

Errol let books fall onto the floor behind the counter, which draws attention back there.

It's your choice what to do with your character, though I would personally want you to wait for Brendan to respond, whenever he may. You know how it is with him. He's probably grounded again.

Also that she has a husband and Amaryllis doesn't.

You would make her get

so

petty. If Spora's husband was hot and likable by her standards, anyway. Otherwise, it'd be "oh, blank minds think alike".

APPLICATION FOR: Spirited Away

Well now, this character is strongly handicapped from that cave incident, huh? Although I can't parse between if it's more so from old age or the incident itself. Unlike Errol, Druag has a real reason for disability pension.

Your application is pending.

Interesting character. I do have a few questions just so I can understand him better:

1) It reads as if Druag has a contention with a certain Pangoro, by the couple mentions and another concerning his ilk as an explanation for Druag's lateness. Is there any particular reason why? I'd like to know why he is a character more specifically mentioned and his defining traits rivaled, if there's something behind it or if there's some unique dynamic you want to pursue.

2) If I were Castiel right now and I were to say to Druag, "My store is looking for a face--an approachable, marketable, and savvy employee of entry-level retail that customers can look upon and feel... welcomed. How will you be that face?" How would he respond? Reply in-character.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Okay, Gabriel is peeping on the store! He shall see ALL OF YOUR SECRETS!

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Blair went back to get the bowl for Errol, brought out the bowl, and then went back to get the cleaning spray. Castiel mentioned left the Supply Room somewhere in that time after she came in the first time around and went onto the floor to demand everyone's attention.

Errol let books fall onto the floor behind the counter, which draws attention back there.

It's your choice what to do with your character, though I would personally want you to wait for Brendan to respond, whenever he may. You know how it is with him. He's probably grounded again.

You would make her get

so

petty. If Spora's husband was hot and likable by her standards, anyway. Otherwise, it'd be "oh, blank minds think alike".

Well now, this character is strongly handicapped from that cave incident, huh? Although I can't parse between if it's more so from old age or the incident itself. Unlike Errol, Druag has a real reason for disability pension.

Your application is pending.

Interesting character. I do have a few questions just so I can understand him better:

1) It reads as if Druag has a contention with a certain Pangoro, by the couple mentions and another concerning his ilk as an explanation for Druag's lateness. Is there any particular reason why? I'd like to know why he is a character more specifically mentioned and his defining traits rivaled, if there's something behind it or if there's some unique dynamic you want to pursue.

2) If I were Castiel right now and I were to say to Druag, "My store is looking for a face--an approachable, marketable, and savvy employee of entry-level retail that customers can look upon and feel... welcomed. How will you be that face?" How would he respond? Reply in-character.

In that case, I might just wait for Brendan, seeing as how there's not a whole lot to work with before I know the fate of Varien. I guess I'll wait for Brendan to respond, seeing as how I need to see if he used this wide open chance to escape. With this in mind, can you extend my writing deadline accordingly until Brendan replies? or, would you rather me post something in response to the prompt about the project? Blair could get distracted at the very least by Errol, so there's that to write about.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Okay, Gabriel is peeping on the store! He shall see ALL OF YOUR SECRETS!

DON'T LOOK IM NAKED

"Effeminate Furret" 'cuse u Cicaro is all maaaaan he'll wreck ur little weavile ass come @ me bro

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • In that case, I might just wait for Brendan

Good. Thank you.

Tfw it's just a brown snake popping out of the dirt to fall on you head first, and then slither back into the ground where it belongs.

Pink is the worst color ever. #worstmaleof2016

This one guy told me when I worked at a small stand in the mall years ago, that he didn't want a teal lanyard because the color teal wasn't manly.

I told him my married father just retired form a 40 year tenure from the Marines a month ago and that he dropped me off today wearing a teal shirt.

He was like "Oh."

I lied to him, but that's not the point you pigmented bigot.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • 1) It reads as if Druag has a contention with a certain Pangoro, by the couple mentions and another concerning his ilk as an explanation for Druag's lateness. Is there any particular reason why? I'd like to know why he is a character more specifically mentioned and his defining traits rivaled, if there's something behind it or if there's some unique dynamic you want to pursue.
    It's not that Druag has anything against Goro personally or even recognizes him: I just threw that mention in there in case you might think a Druddigon was too big to be intimidated: short answer is he's not. Druag isn't elderly but more middle-aged than anything, and given his condition he wouldn't be able to stand up to Goro, I was just making sure it was clear that he wouldn't think himself above the guard in terms of strength, and would still be quelled despite outsizing most if not all of the other employees.

The other mention about the guards in the park can be redone if I made too many presumptions, I was presuming there were other volunteer guards for the festival and that Goro wouldn't be the only one starting early. Since Druag occasionally has to sleep on the street and because of his visage, he would have met some doubt from a volunteer, whereas the permanent police--if indeed there are any--would have pegged him as a hobo by now and left him alone. Again, I apologize if there was too much presumption there, I could easily make him an hour late for some other reason.

Well, Druag would have to fish for pity in this instance and try to adapt the same line of salesmanship he would have used to sell the less-valuable rocks back in his mining days, that special blend of appealing to generalizations and pandering to personal principles. There would, of course, also be quite the accompaniment of gesturing from his free hand.

"Well, Mr. Castiel, I know I'm not the prettiest face, but wouldn't you say people these days much prefer an authentic grin over a fake smile? Everyone expects employees to be smiling yes-men, mere constructs for all the more personality they show. But I gotta say, sir, you strike me as a thinking individual, someone not so taken with skin-deep looks as that shop-owner across the way, there. Why, only look at your current employees: they're real people, sir, and so am I. What's more welcoming than a friendly fellow on his cane, ready to shoot the breeze and sell you quality charms and trinkets? I'd provide your store with a real face, Mr. Castiel, and everyone who comes here will look and say, 'Yesiree, that Castiel's a good fellow: he's not the sort to judge on appearances, where better to spend my hard-earned cash than in support of such a stand-up member of the community!' They would look around, sir, and see that this, at least, is a store for all Pokemon, they'd see you, sir, a Ghost, already stigmatized by the shallower masses. And then they'd see that fish you have there--as different from us as you can get--they'd see you have a quadruped, and a biped, too. And then, sir, they'd see me, a victim of circumstance, someone who had been given a chance, and they'd know that they were welcome here, sir."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I'm down with that.

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Just as a note to all... I have NO idea there was this much furret x weavile pictures on the internet.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Just as a note to all... I have NO idea there was this much furret x weavile pictures on the internet.

But like seriously though there's furret/weavile shipping for days.

I think it's just all by the same artist. Interestingly enough, an artist whose works I edit frequently to get mugshots for Cicaro. XD;

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Well, we have to ship them now. Like, seriously. The universe of the internet says we have to if there's THIS many pics!

Back