• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
    We're coming close to the recall of the infiltrators on either side, given that you've actually spent very little time in our store so far, do you think it'd be weird after you've returned? Personally, I don't know how I'd feel about starting something so grounded in one building by spending a long time outside of it. Unless ... you think Mr. Jauntier's got another solo excursion planned later on in the day? Like a sabotage-type thing?

Ooh, but that might be a tad mean ... I mean, I can see that banshee Amaryllis promoting that sort of thing, but Castiel seems much more dignified. Hashtag "castielisbestboss".

Wait did I do that right?

IC, it's only been an hour, but it has been approaching a little over a month in real-time. Your statement is understandable in the latter regard, but I personally don't think it'd feel strange IC. And really, in-universe, it shouldn't.

As for another solo excursion, if you truly don't know, then this will be all the more fun for you, going forward.

Say, don't tell the others, but this is the first time I've ever RP'd like this. You can keep a secret, right?
    Kewl.
    Anywho, you seem to have had plenty of experience, japanese-word-for-older-student-san, how long might I reasonably expect this to go, would you say?

How would you describe the ways you've role-played prior?

Reasonably? You'd want to direct that question to me, for which I would say: ha ha ha.

This will die when everyone else doesn't care anymore, because I love this role-play too much.

But this will go on a while. Like I said, one hour so far has taken a month to write, but we're active. Once we hit the 8 AM, the pace will pick up as we'll finally introduce customers. The faster we get organized with the Secret Order and complete it, the faster you guys will have your breakfast break, the faster I assign the person to run the Order for customers, the faster WE ACTUALLY BEGIN-BEGIN!

You should have seen the first time I did this RP. Instead of getting up at 5 AM, everyone had to get up at 4. That's an extra hour we had to plow through. Not this time.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
    Well, up until this point most of what could be classified as collaborative in-character behavior sort of comes down to variations on mafia, several tabletop games, improvisational acting, and delivering monologues to the eastern wall (a much better audience than that overly-critical southern wall. I do not sound like a Brooklynite). Of course, I also like to rope people out of the hallway into random role exchanges. You'd be surprised how many people go along with it. Well, maybe it's because they think I'm off in the head, buuuut ...

This really is the first time I've done the actual gung-ho written forum thing and this is the first forum I've ever actually signed into. Huh. You know, saying that out loud just sort of feels incriminating. Yes, I speak aloud when I type. It's only weird to the people who catch me doing it.

Mr. Jauntier seems to run quite the tight ship around here, from what I can tell, and I figure if there's a good place to see how it's done it's under his purview. I've sniffed around the forums here and the FAQs to try and understand the gist of these things, but as they say some things are best learned by doing.

... Also, Mr. Foxrally invited me to this RP. I mean sure, maybe he had no way of knowing I'm a spineless recluse incapable of refusing such a friendly invitation, buuuuuuut ... Kinda gonna have ta deflect the attention to somebody ... and he is on a Torterra right now ...

Jauntier

Years
    Why would you force people to wake up at such a horrible hour.

Oh, no one is being forced.

Everyone... volunteered. And, say, if someone didn't show up to this non-mandatory event, well... everyone's done something bad in their lives.

Maybe that something would be remembered... and maybe that's not agreeable store conduct... and maybe that could be grounds for... I don't know.

Losing their job...? :^D

Remember we're talking about jaunt-gradeB-tier here

My manure is grade A, thank you.

It's just nitrogenous enough.

Well, up until this point most of what could be classified as collaborative in-character behavior sort of comes down to variations on mafia, several tabletop games, improvisational acting, and delivering monologues to the eastern wall (a much better audience than that overly-critical southern wall. I do not sound like a Brooklynite). Of course, I also like to rope people out of the hallway into random role exchanges. You'd be surprised how many people go along with it. Well, maybe it's because they think I'm off in the head, buuuut ...

This really is the first time I've done the actual gung-ho written forum thing and this is the first forum I've ever actually signed into. Huh. You know, saying that out loud just sort of feels incriminating. Yes, I speak aloud when I type. It's only weird to the people who catch me doing it.

Mr. Jauntier seems to run quite the tight ship around here, from what I can tell, and I figure if there's a good place to see how it's done it's under his purview. I've sniffed around the forums here and the FAQs to try and understand the gist of these things, but as they say some things are best learned by doing.

... Also, Mr. Foxrally invited me to this RP. I mean sure, maybe he had no way of knowing I'm a spineless recluse incapable of refusing such a friendly invitation, buuuuuuut ... Kinda gonna have ta deflect the attention to somebody ... and he is on a Torterra right now ...

Oh yes. Writing is a whole different ballgame than, well, than acting or reciting actions, I promise you. More things to consider before posting and a number of back-reading and attention to relevant detail that you have to discern for yourself.

Lucky for you, I'm someone who, when they create an RP, have key events plotted from beginning to end already for a guided direction, while keeping the interest of the player's will and whim at heart. I want you all to grow as you play, and I will let you take creative liberties in a contained environment. Now, some people will hear "contained" and think "restrictive." And in a way it is--everything has a boundary--but there is so much you all can do, think, and say. So many ways to interact and so many opportunities in the future to do so.

You guys will really like what I have in store for you all. I'm serious. Every time block on the schedule there is something to look forward to and it is going to be so much fun. We just have to get there. And if you have any questions or unorthodox ideas you think you'd want to integrate into the story concerning your character or an idea of a customer, propose it to me in private. I know Greiger has been the most active with that last bit, and it's refreshing. I work to come to a compromise based on the town lore and possible reaction from NPCs, but if it works, it works. Don't be afraid to branch out and talk to me about anything concerning Cornered or my opinions about role-play in general.

Just don't apologize for asking.

Foxrally is a known member of the community and it's hard to ignore him. The only good thing about him is that he's amicable. No, but with all due respect, he really is approachable, and he was my meal ticket to getting this RP the attention it needed for it to fill out like this. Thank you, Fox.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Thank you, Fox.

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
    Right-o. I've written short stories and things for a few years, and one of my biggest issues was commitment to plot points, so I put two and two together and thought, you know, having someone else handle the overarching plot would let me try and improve on what I consider my better elements. Also, it is a desperate escapist fantasy to eject myself from the all-consuming oblivion of reality.

Oh. That was supposed to stay in a thought bubble.

But I'm psyched, hyped, and ectyped for this Cornered thing, it is quite a wondrous idea, really, and am happy to be a part of it! So much so that I can admit that a verb form of "ectype" would require lengthy explanation I am in no way qualified to give!

Seriously, it's probably best for all parties involved that I not do so. If I can make this long of a post to say the equivalent of "lol, right?", I don't need to be encouraged to talk about words unless you'd like to see quite the daunting text wall.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
    Oh nice. Castiel just said what SA is going to do. I wonder if Varien would hear it... I was gonna wait for Fennekin to post but I might post later tonight or tomorrow regardless.

Jauntier

Years
    Great, Elwood. I'm excited for the post!

Oh nice. Castiel just said what SA is going to do. I wonder if Varien would hear it... I was gonna wait for Fennekin to post but I might post later tonight or tomorrow regardless.

You need to post as soon as possible to keep your activity in line. Do not wait on others when you are approaching jeopardy.

The following quoted, please post as soon as possible to keep up your activity:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello! I want to start an article series on PokéCommunity Daily where we feature teasers of roleplays and fiction from time to time. I thought I'd start with Cornered, as it seems very vivid and fun c: How do you guys feel about that?

Below is what I was planning on putting in the article. Think of it as a chapter of a short novel that sometimes you can find in magazines. I have edited minor parts, those are red marked until you say that the edits are either fine or should be reverted. I have also skipped some characters and parts of posts to make the story less repetitive and more coherent for a reader. Mostly this is written by Jauntier and Greiger (and a tiny part by Fennekin), and you will of course be clearly credited (if you want to be!). What do you think, are you okay with this?

https://daily.pokecommunity.com/

Spoiler:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
    I am so sorry about this inconvenience. I'll be sure to get a post up tonight to further things along. I had to react to Varien? Could someone fill me in here about what I should react about?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    You guys are the best rp evah, 10/10 m8, everyone should know how amazing you are.

Aw, you flatter us!

As for the idea of an article, wynaut? I didn't even KNOW we had a daily thingie majig. So that's cool to know.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aw, you flatter us!

As for the idea of an article, wynaut? I didn't even KNOW we had a daily thingie majig. So that's cool to know.
    Cool! I guess we should wait for the GM to give an okay too haha.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
    Hoho, a serial RP sampler sounds like a wondrous idea! I hope it takes off: I can already anticipate it being one of those things I read frequently. Between you and me: lurking menacingly and without direction through the forums might not be the best way for me to pick up on the culture.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Hoho, a serial RP sampler sounds like a wondrous idea! I hope it takes off: I can already anticipate it being one of those things I read frequently. Between you and me: lurking menacingly and without direction through the forums might not be the best way for me to pick up on the culture.

There is no culture you have to pick up aside from the holy blargle which details that you have to PRAISE BLARZIGORD THE INFINITELY TENTACLED ONE

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
    There is no culture you have to pick up aside from the holy blargle which details that you have to PRAISE BLARZIGORD THE INFINITELY TENTACLED ONE

Oh, r-right, I knew that!
    Uh ...
    Holy Blarzigord, whose tentacles are many and spaghetti, mayst thou blesseth us with the saucy touch of your helical meatballs and protecteth us from the domed Eeveelution of fire. We thank you, Blarzigord of Blargle most holy, for having sent your incarnate form Bird Jesus to guard us from the ravenous personal computer! Uh, please grace this RP with your unadulterated and probing tentacles, and we thank you for all you do for us through the forum. Thanks for spaghetti, and Omastar, and Mr. Jauntier, and pizza, and my Space Dandy action figure, and my sodium intake, and above all my grim awareness of futility in all things. At Mr. Foxrally's behest we pander, amen.

... Am I doing it right?

Back