• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
Years
  • https://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/a/ae/Goldenrodcrystal.png
    Notice how the path to the left of the tower extends. Anyway yeah so enhanced you nearly forgot they are remakes is what can be said for the games. I have no doubt I will play these more then platinum.
    Nice.

I think I just realized another problem I had with FR/LG. The Sevii Islands were new, but that was it. Kanto was exactly the same. You went through the exact same routes, caves and gyms battling the exact same trainers in the exact same spots who had the exact same Pokemon as before. There was nothing new. Maybe it was a bit too similar to R/B

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This is great news, and more than I expected to get too. Now, I really wonder how the next few scans before the release of the game will top this. However, I'm glad it is seen that Kanto will make a return, the game deserves that for the most. I'm also happy to see what moves the Jirachi has, and not a bad set either for a level five McDonalds event.

There are a lot of new rivers included so it seems like they might have expanded the water use, probably to place Kyogre somewhere in the game when it becomes available in HeartGold. The Burnt Towers look extremely well done. Wait, who am I kidding the entire new Johto looks extremely well done, especially the Ruins. They've done well with this game and its got me sitting at the edge of my seat just compelled to know more.

It has been noted that everything will be utilized through the touchscreen of the game, and like I mentioned before they've taken full advantage of it. The PC Boxes, the PokéDex, the Bag, checking your teams on touchscreen, everything is being done through it. By the way, it is also confirmed that ALL 493 Pokémon will be able to follow you. To me it'll be odd seeing some of them following us, but oh well, the more the merrier I guess. Lets at least enjoy this when it is released.

By the way, I predict Game Freak and Nintendo are going to have the biggest and highest ranking sale in this one game alone next year for the US release and this year for the Japanese release in my opinion.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • This will be following the same path but things will be so damn new you would probably not care cause it will feel new. That was my problem with fr/lg. I felt old playing it and even older now 11 years later then 7. My cousins look at me like how the hell did he know that.
    @flash:
    the sales for platinum were 1M in one week in Japan. I can see 2M for this.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Two million seems very probable. This game has been so highly wanted and with everything they have been doing to it, I can only imagine it has pulled in more fans to purchase it. Even those who may look down at it may end up buying it just for old times sake and to see how well the game was finished.

By the way, about the figurines, if you purchase SoulSilver you'll get the Lugia figurine and vise versa with HeartGold and Ho-Oh. However, to obtain the Arceus Figurine you must purchase both versions of the game. A nice touch I must say and a great way to advertise the 12th movie and maybe the involvement with Cynthia and Arceus in the remakes is something quite big to expect.

I've got to say the games have done well, and I'm glad we've gotten more information on the Notch Eared Pichu, as it looks as we can catch it after trading over the Pikachu Colored Pichu from DPPt that we recieve from an event. The game gets better and better, but now I'm going to have to learn to adapt to all of this as DPPt only had a small fraction of what is included in this game, while HeartGold and SoulSilver has finished the DS uses altogether.

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    The reality is, the feeling that I knew I got, and obviously many many other people got when playing GSC wont be the same due to the fact that Gamefreak will abuse the perfect mapping and events of Johto. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon, can you imagine Bidoofs in every route? Absoloute epic fail.

I really hope they try to preserve the fact that Johto was a good game before they had to change it.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • The reality is, the feeling that I knew I got, and obviously many many other people got when playing GSC wont be the same due to the fact that Gamefreak will abuse the perfect mapping and events of Johto. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon, can you imagine Bidoofs in every route? Absoloute epic fail.

I really hope they try to preserve the fact that Johto was a good game before they had to change it.
    https://nov.2chan.net:81/b/src/1244784671466.jpg

Look at the upper left screen. Togekiss isn't in the dex.

It has to stay true to the originals but not be as true as FR/LG. Otherwise it'll just feel like we're replaying 10 year old games.

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Look at the upper left screen. Togekiss isn't in the dex.

It has to stay true to the originals but not be as true as FR/LG. Otherwise it'll just feel like we're replaying 10 year old games.

National dex maybe?

I have a feeling Kanto will be scrapped from the game to create a more challenging and in depth Johto although I hope Kanto stays, it gives alot to do after beating the elite 4.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • National dex maybe?

I have a feeling Kanto will be scrapped from the game to create a more challenging and in depth Johto although I hope Kanto stays, it gives alot to do after beating the elite 4.
    ...the map in the background of those scans clearly shows Kanto - no need to do that if it wasn't in. Then there's places like Mt Silver left on the map which are only accessible from Kanto...

Kanto is pretty much in, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Anyways, excuse me, as my face is currently exploding from all of those new pictures and all. =D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    National dex maybe?

With the visual of Mt. Silver and a river bed seperating Johto and Kanto, it is very likely Kanto will make a return. Kanto had many influences toward Johto and in the originals it contained some vital parts to the game. So, with the scans of the map, I think we can safely assume Kanto will be brought back to the remake as it was in the original. Basically if you take a look at the map on the first post and look towards the east you will see what I am referring to.

*Dang, got beat by bobandbill, oh well, [must type faster!]*

Lolm yes the news from this one scan is breathtaking and larger that what I had expected too.

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    With the visual of Mt. Silver and a river bed seperating Johto and Kanto, it is very likely Kanto will make a return. Kanto had many influences toward Johto and in the originals it contained some vital parts to the game. So, with the scans of the map, I think we can safely assume Kanto will be brought back to the remake as it was in the original. Basically if you take a look at the map on the first post and look towards the east you will see what I am referring to.

I hope it does don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic to have still another region to discover after Elite 4. Do you think the designers though will put a little more detail into Kanto than they did back in GSC? For example, remember Viridian forest? I hope they make it as genuine to FR/LG as possible (but still with alternations of course).

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Look on this one, bottom left.
    Shiny Platinum-style cutscenes maybe? If they are, they look even better. CANNOT. WAIT.
    But living in the UK, I guess I'll have to...

With they graphical abilities of the DS, they are bound to imo.

Years
  • my knowledge of johto is great, but im a bit stumped
    see the wharf part on the right hand side?
    Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

is that new? i cant remember it being there

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's new, certainly - what it is though is unknown. (And it'll probably be at least a month until we 'may' find out - doubt it'll be now, really).

Pal Park? Battle-Tower/Frontier of some sort? Jirachi-related? (Doubt the latter two a decent bit though atm; particularly the Jirachi one). Random new area of little significance? We can only guess at it, really.

Years
  • these new scans look fantastic, and the fact that ANY pokemon can follow you being confirmed (serebii) has made me extremely happy, i can finally have an arcanine at my side to do my bidding :3
    i can't wait to explore the new johto, there looks like quite a few nwe things haev been added
    and may i say, Mareep's new artwork is siiiick!
    also the ruins of alph's makeover looks fantastic :D, as does the route between goldenrod and ilex forest (i think its that route which is shown when gold is with a pichu).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I hope it does don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic to have still another region to discover after Elite 4. Do you think the designers though will put a little more detail into Kanto than they did back in GSC? For example, remember Viridian forest? I hope they make it as genuine to FR/LG as possible (but still with alternations of course).

More than likely Kanto will have some new alternations to it. With the essence of gaining more time than before, more space, and included new features I'm sure Kanto will gain an upgrade from its original version in GSC. However, as far as a storyline goes, I'm not sure what they will do with that as yet for the second region. My best wish is that they'll occupy Kanto with something other than just basic gym battles.

Look on this one, bottom left.
    https://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3416/hgssscans4.jpg
    Shiny Platinum-style cutscenes maybe? If they are, they look even better. CANNOT. WAIT.
    But living in the UK, I guess I'll have to...

I see it too, and from how things are looking I can pretty much say that there might just be some cut scenes. The Lugia one at the bottom looks pretty epic behind the waterfalls though. I just wonder if it'll be a scene when encountering them in their location or if it'll be the opening introdcution of the game, but we'll see later on.

However, with them influencing so much on Lugia and Ho-Oh in their respective locations, I have a strong feeling it'll be lile the original versions allowing us to catch both of them in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

my knowledge of johto is great, but im a bit stumped
    see the wharf part on the right hand side?
    Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

is that new? i cant remember it being there

This actually can be a new area in teh game. As there is expected to be some, such as one involving Jirachi. Though, I still see no sign of a Contest Hall and I'd greatly appreciate it if they add one into the remake and not forget it.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • I still see no sign of a Contest Hall and I'd greatly appreciate it if they add one into the remake and not forget it.
    If they're gonna be DP style contests (Dressing up pokemon? Forcing them to dance? That's even worse than making them beat each other senseless! Actually, maybe not...) then I'm happy without them. If they're Ruby/Sapphire style then it would be good.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Well strangely enough you can find accessories for the Pokemon Contests but there is no contest move page.
    Well I imagine if Kanto well and truely is in it, it may have been moved to there and once you get that far, an assistant will upgrade whatever equipment your using to view the pokemons status to display the theme of their moves.

Back