• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro Provides Extra Details for Rockruff Distribution

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    There was never gonna be a Dawn Lycanroc. It is clear that Dusk Lycanroc is the only form and unfortunately it is event exclusive. Once the event is over, no one would get any more special rockruffs.

Years
    There was never gonna be a Dawn Lycanroc. It is clear that Dusk Lycanroc is the only form and unfortunately it is event exclusive. Once the event is over, no one would get any more special rockruffs.

If I recall, Dusk Form's name in Japanese is "Twilight Form" so that definitely explains your point.

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
    Years
    The new rockruff distribution event...
    I like the new idea of a dusk Lycanroc and it is kinda like Ash's Greninja... I like the new design and the new forme seems to be a mix of the morning and night forme... With the moves even.. Special isn't it? ;)

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Uuuugggghhhhh

Why does this evolution have to be locked behind an event? I'll probably be able to get it in time, but what if I want to use it in later games? I guess they can change the evolution method, so hopefully they do...

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't know why they did this. It was like not including Zorua line in BW who were not mythical pokemon at all. We have enough event pokemon as it is. Excluding the form from being obtained normally in the game is a bad move.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    The event exclusivity is annoying as hell. I won't get my copy until the event is long over, I hope there's another way to get this down the road.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I am guessing this Rockruff is unbreedable like Ash Greninja was.

Lycanroc Dusk Form looks to be better competitively than the other two Lycanroc forms. It won't be broken though so why limit it to event only. We already have a lot of event only Pokemon.

Years
    I am guessing this Rockruff is unbreedable like Ash Greninja was.

Lycanroc Dusk Form looks to be better competitively than the other two Lycanroc forms. It won't be broken though so why limit it to event only. We already have a lot of event only Pokemon.

The question will be if the event Rockruff is programmed with Tough Claws or not, since that's unique to Dusk Form Lycanroc while the other forms have either Keen Eye or Sand Rush/Vital Spirit.

Years
    Why would they have a trailer for just an event pokemon?

The launch events have been shown in trailers before, as shown with Torchic in X/Y and Munchlax in S/M. Can't recall exactly if OR/AS had a trailer mentioning the shiny Beldum, but I think that would be true as well.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I agree with you guys. It's like popularity of Ash-Greninja in the XY/XYZ series (despite not being available in the games until S/M) was so huge that it wanted the anime writers to have Ash market yet another special Pokemon that is unobtainable by normal means.

And I'm also with the second comment in that this event Rockruff may be unable to breed, like the special Pichu/Pikachu forms such as Spiky-Eared Pichu or Cosplay Pikachu.

I do not want this to be one that can't be transferred like the two pokemon mentioned. If there is a morning form, it probably would be what the event Rockruff evolves into in Ultra Moon, and the Dusk form in Ultra Sun. This would mean to get both forms, you probably have to get both versions, and that would be a good thing for Gamefreak. They might do this, actually. And if its like Ashgreninja, Lycanroc would get a lot of attention in the series, and that's cool.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I do not want this to be one that can't be transferred like the two pokemon mentioned. If there is a morning form, it probably would be what the event Rockruff evolves into in Ultra Moon, and the Dusk form in Ultra Sun. This would mean to get both forms, you probably have to get both versions, and that would be a good thing for Gamefreak. They might do this, actually. And if its like Ashgreninja, Lycanroc would get a lot of attention in the series, and that's cool.
    I don't think there is another form of Lycanroc. I think Dusk form is the only one we are getting.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I don't think there is another form of Lycanroc. I think Dusk form is the only one we are getting.

It might be the only one, and it is probably a good thing, because it would have better stats if there is only one new form for them to work on.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    The launch events have been shown in trailers before, as shown with Torchic in X/Y and Munchlax in S/M. Can't recall exactly if OR/AS had a trailer mentioning the shiny Beldum, but I think that would be true as well.

The purpose of trailers are to increase the demand for a game and to hype up consistent consumers, so I suppose trailers on event pokemon could do that. I really enjoy receiving gift pokemon, but in my opinion, Lycanroc isnt special enough to be an event only pokemon. I would like to be able to catch it in my own game or evolve it from a Rockruff. And that isnt hard on Nintendo's part: just have rock ruff that evolve into the various forms spawn at different times of day.

The Torchic in X/Y is special because Torchic hadnt been available to play since Ruby and Sapphire and wasnt available in the game. Not to mention, its a popular starter and strong competitively with the megastone. And shiny pokemon are incredibly rare, so the shiny Beldum makes sense (especially it being a popular pokemon from Gen 3 and one of Stephen's pokemon). A normal Beldum would not make sense. As for Munchlax, it is also difficult to get because often there is only 1 Snorlax to catch in a Pokemon game and it is a strong pokemon, so its harder to capture. + it needs to breed with a ditto (sometimes hard to acquire) with a special incense, which you have to find yourself. So I think Munchlax is special enough.

Unfortunately, while I like the new Lycanroc form, the trailer is disappointing and I'm disappointed it is only an event pokemon.

Years
    I hope they will change the evolution method, but it's been years that we re hopping ..

The question will be if Midday and Midnight Form Lycanroc's evolution mechanics are still locked to a certain version, or if it'll be changed to become a simple day/night evolution instead.

Back