• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro Provides Extra Details for Rockruff Distribution

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Looks like my guess of Dusk Form Lycanroc being event-exclusive is true. Oh, the shame for those who won't be able to access wi-fi.

For people who don't have Wi-Fi for the whole distribution period... I feel like there are much bigger problems haha. There's free Wi-Fi at cafes and stores, with Facebook having a feature that tells you where hotspots are (and most people having a Facebook) I feel like it's easy to find nowadays.
    So only the event Rockruff can become a Dusk Lycanroc? Disappointing but i hope i will get it.

I wonder if this is the only Dusk Lycanroc ever or if it's just Ash's Lycanroc as an event or sonething. Nowhere has it said that this is the only Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk, so i wouldn't assume. Hmm. I really thought it would evolve due to ingame time?

Years
    I wonder if this is the only Dusk Lycanroc ever or if it's just Ash's Lycanroc as an event or sonething. Nowhere has it said that this is the only Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk, so i wouldn't assume. Hmm. I really thought it would evolve due to ingame time?

Well, the Blazikenite that was available through X/Y's launch event Torchic was not available again normally until OR/AS, and it seems unlikely we'll have another method of obtaining Snorlium Z anytime soon either. So, maybe Dusk Form might only be exclusive to this particular Rockruff.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    For people who don't have Wi-Fi for the whole distribution period... I feel like there are much bigger problems haha. There's free Wi-Fi at cafes and stores, with Facebook having a feature that tells you where hotspots are (and most people having a Facebook) I feel like it's easy to find nowadays.

I be annoyed if Rockruff has something to with ash in anime. We have enough ash pokemon events in my opinion.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Well, the Blazikenite that was available through X/Y's launch event Torchic was not available again normally until OR/AS, and it seems unlikely we'll have another method of obtaining Snorlium Z anytime soon either. So, maybe Dusk Form might only be exclusive to this particular Rockruff.

There is a huge difference between items (that have been previously established as sometimes being given as a one-time thing, such as the Mega stones from this gen, I believe berries, etc) and a non-mythical Pokemon. Even Zorua and evolution are regularly available now. I'm not even sure why you are trying to compare random Pokemon and items.

Years
    There is a huge difference between items (that have been previously established as sometimes being given as a one-time thing, such as the Mega stones from this gen, I believe berries, etc) and a non-mythical Pokemon. Even Zorua and evolution are regularly available now. I'm not even sure why you are trying to compare random Pokemon and items.

What I mean is that Blaziken's Mega Stone was initially exclusive to the event Torchic distributed at X/Y's launch, before becoming regularly available in OR/AS. There is the chance that the Snorlium Z could have a similar fate, initially being exclusive to an event but then becoming normally accessible in US/UM.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
    Sorry to end this debate, but the article has now been updated. This distributed Rockruff will be exclusively able to evolve into the new Lycanroc form. No other Rockruff will be able to.

It would seem that this new form will be more like Ash-Greninja's game appearance than we thought.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Well that is disappointing. Knowing that we can only evolve the event one into dusk form is a low point.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    They are only making it ultra special as usual for now.

I'm sure there will be other ways to get Dusk Lycanroc down the road.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Another event exclusive Pokemon. Can't say I'm surprised but it really should be accessible in game.

At least it is available until January so those getting the game for Christmas won't be screwed over.

They are really overdoing it with event exclusive stuff this gen with some Mega Stones STILL not being released for everyone, no Ash Hat Pikachu for non-Japanese games and now this. I'm not a fan of Shiny locking legendaries either.

Years
    They are really overdoing it with event exclusive stuff this gen with some Mega Stones STILL not being released for everyone, no Ash Hat Pikachu for non-Japanese games and now this. I'm not a fan of Shiny locking legendaries either.

There is the chance that Ash-Hat Pikachu may become available for non-Japanese players when the dubbed version of M20 releases in November.

Years
    Super disappointing. Yet another Ash form for no explainable reason.

They clearly want another Ash-Greninja. But restricting a pokemon to events has always been a terrible method of doing things.

It won't get egg moves either! Better hope the tutors come through.

I agree with you guys. It's like popularity of Ash-Greninja in the XY/XYZ series (despite not being available in the games until S/M) was so huge that it wanted the anime writers to have Ash market yet another special Pokemon that is unobtainable by normal means.

And I'm also with the second comment in that this event Rockruff may be unable to breed, like the special Pichu/Pikachu forms such as Spiky-Eared Pichu or Cosplay Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't agree with the decision of making Dusk Lycanroc event exclusive. But then again, I wasn't planning to use it anyway, so I'm not that upset.

Back