• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm looking forward to seeing the redesigns of the Elite Four, they all looked really unique. Regarding the E4 though, I just hope they revert to the ladder progression for these remakes.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I'm looking forward to seeing the redesigns of the Elite Four, they all looked really unique. Regarding the E4 though, I just hope they revert to the ladder progression for these remakes.

Yeah, I like the ladder progress better as well. I am sure they will though. With these being mostly remakes with additional features. The ladder progress just makes more sense.

Years
    Ladder progression is something I'd like to see implemented in ORAS as well. Picking the order when challenging the elite four had it's pros, but I think the cons outweigh them significantly, so I'm hopeful that it doesn't remain the system in these Hoenn remakes. I'm interested to see what they do with Sidney, as there was a Dark-type elite four member introduced not too long ago in Grimsley, so they need to be careful not to create too many striking similarities between them.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Well, who knows you might just be up against BOTH teams and the spoiler just spoil you for that little for now.

Hopefully we'll get to fight with the team that help us to stop the version's rival afterwards, maybe post-game? And by that I mean, we will realise how horrible they are too and have to stop them as well. It'll be a nice feature :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Perhaps the machine of Aqua freezes things like Neo Plasma's machine. However instead of relying on the power of a legend the meteor could have ice content within. It's honestly very sci-fi.

I'm hoping we get to see the Frontier. I think they covered it up in the map to not give away the Emerald elements they're adding in.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Does anyone think mega metagross is gonna be a things? That is really what I'm hoping for, also, I think mega sableye will have stance change, what are your thoughts everybody!?

Years
    Well that meteorite's ice must be potent as hell to cool down lava if anything the meteorite's ice would melt. I don't know, it could be a possibility but it sounds like it might not be the case. And how by heating the meteorite or gathering energy from lava make the meteor react by cooling down? I imagine it turning all radioactive and causing increased temperature within the volcano though.

About emerald elements. We will see them in due time but lately things are hard to predict. I wonder why they gave Groudon and Kyogre's Primal forms the name primal for each they could have make them be known as Alpha Kyogre and Omega Groudon still falling under the category of primal regressions. Delta Rayquaza would sound awesome but It'll probably be just Primal Rayquaza.

You know cooling systems require a lot of energy to function too, not just heating systems. It's the reason why sometimes A/C's sometimes cause power outages during summer. The meteor is the source of the energy, the machine is extracting the energy from the meteor, not the volcano itself.
    Or maybe the Meteor contains the item to create the original Dragon or some of it's power ;) Jk...What if it did contain some of it's power though...nah...

Which is strange since remakes tned to be viewed as the easiest to predict...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I would be surprised if Mega Metagross is not included within OR/AS.

Yeah, definitely, and if it wasn't included I would be so mad, as it is one of my favorite pokemon. xD

Also, do you guys think the new moves they get will only be able for use in their primal forms?

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
    If Primal Evolution is anything like Mega Evolution they'll likely get them in their modern forms too. Unless they have a move like Eruption (G) and Water Sprout (K) transform into their signature moves upon Primal Reversion similar to how Scary face becomes one of the fusion moves and Glaciate becomes Kyurem's signature moves, but in this case it'll be in battle.

Years
    Since they've already announced that Primal Groudon gets a boosted Attack stat, I think they're going to add some moves to his pool that take advantage of the buff as well as his new typing. Doubt that it would be Flare Blitz, but something ancient-themed that pertains to Groudon's concept. Something similar could be done with Kyogre!

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Well, who knows you might just be up against BOTH teams and the spoiler just spoil you for that little for now.

Hopefully we'll get to fight with the team that help us to stop the version's rival afterwards, maybe post-game? And by that I mean, we will realise how horrible they are too and have to stop them as well. It'll be a nice feature :)

That would be cool. I wouldn't mind doing something like that.

Years
    Since they've already announced that Primal Groudon gets a boosted Attack stat, I think they're going to add some moves to his pool that take advantage of the buff as well as his new typing. Doubt that it would be Flare Blitz, but something ancient-themed that pertains to Groudon's concept. Something similar could be done with Kyogre!

I think that his signature move will be a physical move. Kyogre on the other hand will get a special move to benefit her higher special attack.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Like I said before, I think Groudon's new move is dual-typed (Ground/Fire), and that Kyogre's move is jist some standard move. Or it could also be dual-typed (Water/Psychic/Ice/Electric?)

Years
    I'd love it if Groudon's new move is dual-typed. There's only one in existence right now, and I think that should be expanded on. Dual type moves are something I've wanted to see for a long time, and once they were finally created, only one was released in X and Y. :[ Albeit an awesome move, there needs to be more out there! This would be the perfect situation for a new one, I think.

Years
    I'd love it if Groudon's new move is dual-typed. There's only one in existence right now, and I think that should be expanded on. Dual type moves are something I've wanted to see for a long time, and once they were finally created, only one was released in X and Y. :[ Albeit an awesome move, there needs to be more out there! This would be the perfect situation for a new one, I think.

I wonder how something like Ferrorthorn will take the damage as it's Steel type is weak against ground but grass cancels it out making it neutral damage, while both of it's types are weak against fire...will it end up being 5x damage? 4 x or 6x?

Years
    I wonder how something like Ferrorthorn will take the damage as it's Steel type is weak against ground but grass cancels it out making it neutral damage, while both of it's types are weak against fire...will it end up being 5x damage? 4 x or 6x?

Difficult question - the only dual-type move we can go off here is Flying Press, a fighting/flying move. To compare, it hits Scrafty for 4x super effective damge, with Fighting having the advantaging over its Dark typing and Flying over Fighting. Not much of an indicator fro that specific scenario you stated. I would assume that since fire hits it for 4x, and ground type hits for 2x on one type and 1/2x the other it would become neutral, so it would end up being 4x.

In other words, Ferrothorn has no chance of survivng :]

Years
    Difficult question - the only dual-type move we can go off here is Flying Press, a fighting/flying move. To compare, it hits Scrafty for 4x super effective damge, with Fighting having the advantaging over its Dark typing and Flying over Fighting. Not much of an indicator fro that specific scenario you stated. I would assume that since fire hits it for 4x, and ground type hits for 2x on one type and 1/2x the other it would become neutral, so it would end up being 4x.

In other words, Ferrothorn has no chance of survivng :]

Now that I think about it Torterra will suffer the same damage to a Fire and Ground dual type move as Scrafty suffers from Flying Press. Poor Torterra first has a 4X weakness to ice, and now it better not run into the other "Continental Pokemon" if it does get a dual type Fire-Ground move...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back