• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Corrupt a Wish

Years
    • Seen today
    Granted but every other Pokémon gets access to Ice Shard. Also I might get ninja'd so I'll keep this short.

I wish that Mankey wore a mask like one of those Mucha Lucha wrestlers.

Years
    Granted, but it's only Ash's Mankey from the anime and is shortly seen

I wish that you could surf with a Pikachu in all games

Years
    • Seen today
    Granted. Pikachu is no longer a Pokémon, but rather an item which you use to Surf. Pichu and Raichu are deleted from the game, as well as the move Surf. This doesn't affect competitive too much because they all suck poop and everyone uses Scald anyway. The merchandise department isn't affected too much, since Pikachu still exists. However, something that was affected was the anime, in which Ash grabs on to Pikachu in order to swim across the water. More specifically, they had to retcon the episode "The Flame Pokémon-athon!" and are airing the new episode this summer on Disney XD.

Originally, the episode had Ash riding Lara Laramie's Ponyta because she got injured the night before. However, this time, Misty rides in her stead (girl power!) and Ash rides Pikachu, who can swim. Despite being 10 years old, Ash is still pretty heavy. Under the pressure of the race and having not eaten for a while, Pikachu starts slowing down and both it and Ash almost drown and are rushed to the Pokémon Center for medical attention. Misty, noticing this, exits the race and tends to Ash, while Ponyta wins on its own. This causes Ash (voiced by Veronica Taylor in the dub and not Sarah Nachobenny) and Misty to grow close together. Finally PokeShipping is official and saves millions of lives, having solved world hunger and cured cancer just by being canon.

However, this is where the good news stop and the bad news bears come to town. PETA, noticing the "blatant abuse of animals" once again, decides to speak out against Pokémon for the umpteenth time. But unlike their previous attempts, they are joined in their protest by Amourshippers. Together they make two terrible movie parodies of Pokémon and one even worse Direct-to-video sequel. They also burn down the Japanese embassy in Uganda as a sign of protest. This is very bad, and nearly sparks the beginning of World War 3. Despite having tensions quelled by peace activists Miley Cyrus and those three guys that are responsible for cosplaying that famous Dugtrio, the animosity between the different countries in the world have never been higher...
    (to be continued???)

I wish that Pokémon Green was released in South America.

Years
    Granted, but now there's no release of Pokémon Yellow

I wish that you could legitimately capture Mew in Red and Blue

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Granted but you have to look under 200 different trucks around the whole region that always randomize each time you don't find it.

I wish GF released DPPt remakes using the beta sprites.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Granted. The beta sprites are now the official sprites and everyone is everyone is redesigned to look that way.

I wish that in the show, all the trainers gave their mons themed nicknames.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Granted, but the nicknames are super cringy!

I wish you could become a gym leader in the postgame!

PageEmp

Years
    Granted. That requires you to grind everything in your collection to level 100. Then, your role is to only use gimmick mons. And your first opponent is someone who only uses legendaries.

I wish meme faces were shown in the games.

PageEmp

Years
    Granted. They are now obtainable as gifts. However...

now the games are easy and boring and no one plays them, which in turns ruins Game Freak, which runs Nintendo, which totally destroys Japan's economy. In a last attempt to make money, Japan invades USA and World War III starts. USA nukes Japan and rest of the Asia (just to be sure it won't happen again), Russia nukes USA in retaliations. More nukes are thrown around and humanity is destroyed and goes extinct.

I wish Pokemon adventures was R-rated.

Years
    Granted, the Karens of the world go crazy because of the R-rated content. Pokemon is pulled from television, and the games removed from the shelves of stores. It is illegal to possess any Pokemon content. Thought Police storm your house in search of banned materials, burning your copies of the adventures manga, your games, plushies and all other Pokemon memorabilia in a bonfire of vanities. After this you will be sent to The Ministry of Love for a re-education.

I wish Espeon had a nice shiny instead of that martian green.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
    Granted, but the shiny is so nice that it wouldn't battle at all. Another unobtainable like Light of Ruin Floette, well minus the special move

I wish Celebi's time travel can be implemented on one of the mainline games as a feature.

PageEmp

Years
    Granted. The creators are lazy enough to not understand that so they remove the mon itself from the game.

I wish the Light of ruin flower mon mentioned in the above post never existed or was mentioned.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
    Granted, instead we get a new variant. Light of Creation Floette, +2 to every stat with no charge needed, permanently destroying the metagame.

I wish Giovanni is more badass in the games

Years
    Granted, but now Giovanni is no longer the boss of Team Rocket

I wish that Silver was the champion of GSC/HGSS instead of Lance

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Granted but its effect is changed to being more vulnerable to critical hits.

I wish Dhelmise had an evolution

PageEmp

Years
    Granted. It only gets a +1 in every stat, but gains an ability that deflects super effective moves back to the user, in a way similar to Counter. No, the steering wheel does not take damage, but the foe does.

Eventually, this leads to a fan sueing the company after losing his Fire starter to one of these things in a Blindlocke, and the eventual downfall of the whole franchise. Ugh...

I wish in LGPE's place, there was a third SM game.

Back