• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Create-a-Pokémon Form

Panda280

Panda280
Years
  • Mine
    Name: Mega Swalot
    Name: Poison Bag Pokemon
    Typing: Poison

Evolution Family: Swalot

Spoiler:

I really like VisionofMilotic - Mega Pyroar and Strix - Mega Druddigon. Btw, are Pyroar wings on fire?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    this contest is rigged

you'll all be hearing from me and my iron dankulis soon

Years
  • This was the text of the entry I wrote.
    Spoiler:

Btw, are Pyroar wings on fire?

And YES, mega Pyroar's wings sure are on fire!

I also want to say Congratulations to Team Gears for their 1st 2nd place scores. It was really exciting to finally see all the different Mega evolution concepts from everyone. It was fun hearing about new abilities like strong acid. If I had to pick one on my team then I think I might choose Mega Druddigon, tough call though!

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Well, here's the rest of my submission!
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I just sent mine. I am happy with this Pokémon's dex entry/lore and design, but had trouble devising competitively viable stats for it, while still trying to distinguish it from the roles other Paradox pokemon play. I wonder if I should have arranged the stats differently.

But at least this little guy makes me happy and triggers me to laugh, it's so off the wall.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Create-a-Pokémon Contest

Round 2 - Results

The last set of judging is done and the Paradox Pokemon did not disappoint. Everyone did amazing work. As before, we've got everyone separated out with our individual scores and critiques and then further below the final tally.

Lavender - Iron Spider

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 25 | 20
    You definitely should be proud of your attempt!! Paradox Pokemon do have the feel of being extremely similar to their normal counterparts but techy (in terms of the future side), so I get the vibes you were going for this. If you're looking to do a small change to your design, however, I'd say do a version that's just gray with red eyes for it to really give the surveillance vibe from the text!

gimmepie - 40 | 28 | 28
    I think this was a really good concept. I love that you simultaneously alluded to the sneaky side of spiders as well as their tendency to just hang around watching you. You arguably could have been more creative with the type combination, but I actually think sticking with Bug and adding Steel is fitting for the combination you went with. I also like that you kept the standard Paradox ability honestly. It makes it feel more legitimate. Stat-wise, this guy would be getting banned straight to Ubers on Showdown, but it would hardly be the first Paradox to do that.

Arcaneum - 35 | 20 | 25
    Like most of these entries, I really love the choice of Pokémon here firstly. Taking the aspects of a spider surveilling everything and turning that into a machine which does it was really clever!

I think the design could have perhaps had some more features of the security/surveillance that it does, as opposed to Ariados if bit by a Terminator.

VERY scary in terms of stats etc. but after all that's what Ariados deserves <3.

Fun concept overall!

Panda280 - Iron Drone

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 20 | 20
    Skiploom deserved the love ur right; The concept of it camouflaging works well enough but the cannon isn't giving the fairy type vibes from the lore you mentioned (though I believe you tried to put influences from USUM here? At least it gives some Cosmog-evo hints to me). It's a neat concept to work with though, giving a normally adorable Pokemon a dark turn!

gimmepie - 40 | 20 | 24
    A rather sinister turn in the evolution of Skiploom. I think you have a good concept for a Paradox Pokemon here, and using Skiploom to execute it was honestly an excellent decision. The mechanical choices you made reflect its concept fairly well and are powerful without being too broken or anything either. That being said, I feel like the visual design doesn't necessarily communicate the concept as well as it could and I'm not really sure how accumulated Fairy energy would produce this.

Arcaneum - 40 | 22.5 | 20
    Another surveillance Pokémon... interesting...

I firstly really enjoy taking something as cute and lovable as Skiploom and almost turning it into this evil assassin. Kinda feels a little like it's in a post-apocalyptic future and has evolved to adapt to that. The camouflage etc. aspect of it is really cool too... my only concern is the other part of the lore and whatnot. Nothing really in the design or text shows enough for me to see why this is in here.

Design as a whole though is really nice.

Eleanor - Iron Nucleus

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 30 | 30
    I love this actually jdfsk considering that you didn't know much on the Paradox Pokemon this is a super solid-- and good attempt! The design ties into the text concept well with energy transmission, the lore you put in and just the Paradox feeling overall!

gimmepie - 40 | 30 | 27
    Klinklang turning into a Dyson sphere is a very fun concept. Your design felt like a natural progression for the Klink family and I like the colour scheme you went with - a red dwarf at the centre was a nice touch and I assume the screen bit would make for a method of expression and communication. That said, your lore does feel like it's lacking a consitent through-line and I'm not sure your statistical choices fit the concept. While I appreciate the attention to mechanics, I think you were a little too focused on gameplay over the concept itself.

Arcaneum - 40 | 30 | 27.5
    KLINKLANG TURNED BIBLICAL ANGEL BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. This design is FANTASTIC. It almost feels like Klingklang got physically turned inside out and turned into this, like physically paradoxed into Iron Nucleus. Like this whole sci-fi space engine idea is great.

I also appreciate the effort, again, that you have put into its competitive viability. This time around however I think you've nailed it, as it ties in with the lore you've created and the design you've put together. Good work!

Apro - Fanged Beak

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 20 | 15
    It's an interesting design! However there isn't a lot we can take from the lore itself other than how it uses the beak-- the dark typing is new to me, but I would assume it's due to its predatory actions. I think adding a bit more to context would do wonders for it.

gimmepie - 35 | 23 | 15
    Always nice to see some Fearow love, and I do like that it references the actual evolution of avians from therapod dinosaurs over time to tie it into the pre-historic aspect of Paradox Pokemon. That said, it feels a little too similar to the Archen line in a lot of ways. The Dark type also felt like an odd choice here, but I admittedly can't put my finger on why. I think you did do a good job of making your stats fit our concept though. Overall cool and, honestly, something I'd probably use. But it could have used a little more to diversify it from other similar Pokemon.

Arcaneum - 40 | 20 | 23
    Our only non-Future Paradox entry!

I like that it feels like a very realistic predecessor of the Fearow we know and how you've handled that in its description. Especially as Fearow is known to have not changed too much from its forms in the past, so I feel this has really honed in on that aspect.

The addition of the Dark Type is an interesting one - I can see why it would have it based on what you told us, I think I am trying to bridge together why Fanged Beak is part Dark Type and what caused Fearow to lose it.

The design itself is nice, very typical prehistoric dinosaur/avian concept whilst still sticking close to the Fearow we know today.

Really smart choice and concept overall, I guess even though sticking close to Fearow it would've been nice to see perhaps something a little more 'out there'.

VisionofMilotic - Iron Voyager

Spoiler:

Kitty - 35 | 25 | 25
    It gives me more Spaceboy vibes that it should it's adorable ahh- I also love the relation to the Pokedex entries to it with the moon and the space voyager feeling. I do feel like this could do with a bit more push towards the imaginary to give it that future mysterious Paradox Pokemon vibe (as Space Voyager)-- maybe it has discovered something that we don't know of-- maybe something not moonstones?, but it's a solid attempt!

gimmepie - 40 | 28 | 21
    This might be the cutest Paradox mon. You definitely get points for originality too. This was a great way to make use of the Spoink line. I like that you made a point of trying to keep things balanced too. That being said, there does feel like there is little correlation between the concept and the stats and I would have liked a little more of that. More on your thought process for the concept in general, honestly. It's too fun not to hear more about it.

Arcaneum - 40 | 27.5 | 25
    Boba Fett turned Paradox Pokémon? This is so cool!!!! I realy like that instead of choosing Grumpig, you have specifically chosen Spoink to fit in with your lore/concept more.

The design is super adorable and I simply have to see what adventures this space explorer piggy goes on. I really like that it's almost canonicised as this urban myth, a legendary space explorer.

Stat spread is very interesting, the competitive elements are there but it's not the standard Attack + Speed combo.

5qwerty - Iron Corps

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 30 | 30
    Wow this is... actually good I love your nods to the existing Paradox designs with the red things and the lore you put in that completely changes the Falinx from funny little creatures to this. Very good attention to detail too with their formations and strategic decision attriibution to AI having something to potentially do with it.

gimmepie - 40 | 30 | 30
    After the Shrek meme last week I thought I was prepared for anything. Yet, I was still surprised. I think this is a fantastic reimagining of Falinks. You clearly paid a lot of attention to the typical visual designs of the Paradox mon, but also created really in-depth lore for Iron Corps that relates back to the evolution of warfare in real life. The little nod to the somewhat notorious Pokemon AI was amusing as well. Your stats feel well-balanced while still being relevant to the lore and cocnept you created and I would definitely use this if I could.

Arcaneum - 40 | 25 | 28
    Now this is a really, really well made entry. I am glad that Shrek has not arrived once more.

It sticks to the military/squadron theming of Phalinks, whlist clearly having the futuristic element to it. REALLY enjoy the detail in the lore that specifies exactly how it works as a tactical unit.

I also enjoy the complete shift in Types used. Again it somewhat reflects the lore - it's changed from a CQC focused phalanx to more long-range warfare, which for me Electric and Psychic as Types really match that.

Stat spread is also nice, it's something different and shows off the well-rounded nature of the unit as well.

SteCisGreendog - Iron Chill

Spoiler:

Kitty - 35 | 25 | 30
    Interesting idea you have tacking a current problem with a future solution! This is definitely a creative idea-- a glorified air conditioner with some good lore to it too. The only thing that does not work with me however is the design and the lore not completely tying up. I get the connections to Glalie in there, but Rotom is not that obvious for me? Future Paradox Pokemon already have "futuristic/techy" in mind so it's possible I'm just confusing the Rotom parts with general "future Paradox Pokemon" parts. Perhaps some vents from the Pokemon itself to show where the cold would be coming from would also be a shout.

gimmepie - 40 | 30 | 27
    I think this is a great concept for a future Paradox mon - especially an Ice type like Iron Chill. While this isn't the first time a Pokemon has been based around real environmental issues, I still think this was still a really creative and well-thought out idea with some good lore to it. On top of that, your stats also reflect that lore even if the "low" total of 530 is a deviation from the standard stat spreads of the Paradox Pokemon. Speaking of deviations, I'm not really sure how I feel about your custom ability since it simultaneously does fit the general functionality of the Paradox abilities while also feeling like it was speciifcally designed to be a counter to them. I think I lean on the side of liking it. The additional effect of the ability seems like a lot at first, but is ultimately not actually that much. Ten percent is not a high amount and if hail/snow is a big part of your strategy you're better off going with a more reliable means of setting it up. Something that does irk me about your Pokemon is that the design and the lore feel a bit inconsistent with each other. It looks amazing, but for something that is meant to be a fusion of Glalie and Rotom, I really don't see that much Rotom in the design.

Arcaneum - 40 | 30 | 27.5
    "Wow, I love that this is an entry focused on an actual real issue of the future and therefore it's a Pokémon that has been produced to tackle it. Really smartly written lore; I also appreciate that it's created as a fusion of Glalie and Rotom-Frost!

The typing is interesting, mostly because I would've envisioned this more as a Steel/Ice Pokémon, I think I can see the logic of a machine being Electric though.

Stats and Ability are nice. I appreciate you making this into a tank to help with the lore side of things, as this is built almost exclusively for utility, not battling. The Ability is an interesting one, I feel this could be quite strong, but again I like the really strong connections with its lore/entries."

Score Tally

Lavender - 87%
    Panda280 - 82%
    Eleanor - 98%
    Apro - 78%
    VisionofMilotic - 89%
    5qwerty - 98%
    SteCisGreendog - 95%

That leaves us with VisionofMilotic in 3rd for Apricorns, SteCisGreendog in 2nd for Apricorns and 5qwerty and Eleanor tied for 1st for Apricorns and Gears respectively. That makes 200 points for Apricorns and 110 for Gears. As with before, we encourage you to share any further information about your designs here that you'd like so everyone else can get the same picture we did.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yo I didn't save what I sent so can the judges help send them back to me (for both entries) so I can share them here? The judges can post as well if needed.

Years
  • Yo I didn't save what I sent so can the judges help send them back to me (for both entries) so I can share them here? The judges can post as well if needed.
    Spoiler:

there u go fren

Years
  • Heres the text part again:

Pokémon name: (past) Fearow

Species name: Fanged Beak

Typing: Dark/Flying

Description: Fanged Beak can glide but cannot fly yet. It catches its prey by outrinning it using its powerful hind legs, then mercilessly tears it apart with its beak and claws.

New Base Stat Total:
    HP:90
    Attack:135
    Defense:85
    Sp. Atk:55
    Sp. Def:80
    Speed:125
    Total:570

New Ability: Protosynthesis

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • And here's my Pokémon's info :catheart:

Spoiler:

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
  • I like everybody pokemon. I can't pick which one I like the most. At first, I thought Iron nucleas was based on Dhelmise.

Will join this contest again next year!

On another note, I've just played cereza and the lost demon. Everyone should give it a try. It's a bit expensive, but i enjoy my time with it. Thanks!

My texts
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Thank you all for participating, overall these were some amazing and solid entries all around! Hope you enjoyed this event as much as I enjoyed hosting it, ty GP and Chura for carrying for me <3

Back