• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
OMG YES. And maybe after that, they could have Binding Blade's story :] OR BETTER YET FE15: Blazing Sword and Binding Blade, Awakening style :]

Years
Just as long as they don't pull that time limit nonsense like they did with Roy's game.

Arcadia *shivers* (seriously IS, FOW, desert and a turn limit?)
I like the escape objectives and defend objectives, those were fun.
One thing regarding objectives I'd like to see would be multiple objectives for every chapter, FE4 had something like that although at the end of the day it was all seize missions (granted, really cool seize missions).
On the topic of remakes: if there's one FE game that would greatly benefit from a remake it would be gaiden, FE1 and 3 have gotten remakes and gaiden really needs one desperately (it looks REALLY outdated).
Prefferably if they remake games I'd like to see them do it in chronological order (similarly to how Pokémon does the remakes) because it gives the older games some time to shine, also with FE's newfound popularity, they'll get localized, and we could play the games without the need of the sometimes not too great translation patches.
And because I really want an FE4 remake with extended dialogue and pretty cutscenes for the important plot points...
an FE6 remake that fixes the absolutely broken RNG in it would be pretty sweet too.
If it goes awakening style hopefully in just GUI, because they made swordmasters from this warrior-badass-lone wolf to... I don't even know what to call it, it just looks generic, also GBAFE has the coolest General design (imagine it in 3D)

Years
I don't really want anything remade while Kozaki's doing the art, but I don't think Blazing Sword needs to be remade at all. It's on the Wii U Virtual Console so accessibility isn't an issue and mechanics wise it's fine as it is, so unless they add all of the Hector Mode stuff to the first playthrough then all it would really be getting is a graphics upgrade. Then again Blazing Sword has worked its way down to being my least favorite in the series as I've tried to get through it in recent months, so that could just be my dislike of the game talking.

Last edited:

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
I don't really want anything remade while Kozaki's doing the art, but I don't think Blazing Sword needs to be remade at all. It's on the Wii U Virtual Console so accessibility isn't an issue and mechanics wise it's fine as it is, so unless they add all of the Hector Mode stuff to the first playthrough then all it would really be getting is a graphics upgrade. Then again Blazing Sword has worked its way down to being my least favorite in the series as I've tried to get through it in recent months, so that could just be my dislike of the game talking.
It's not accessible to those of us who lack Wii U's :p

In terms of strictly balance, I agree that 6 needs something way more than 7 due to the perennial seize objectives, Roy promoting at chapter 21, and the accuracy issues. Oh, lord, the accuracy issues.

Unfortunately, I haven't played any of the NES titles (first one was 6) so I can't really comment on those.

Salzorrah

Years
I do agree 6 needs a localization remake, because let's be serious. We do want to see Roy and his team in official English :[

Years
I remembered one more thing I'd like to see return in If: Wortld map narration at the beginning of every chapter, I never would have thought I would miss it, until Awakening came and didn't have it, I actually really like the backstory it gives and all the world building, it wasn't until Sully and Stahl's support mentioning Cain and Abel that I finally figured out Ylisse is actually Archanea.

If there's one thing I'd like in FE6, more than the absence of ambush spawns, the 50 crit berzerker bosses, fixing the RNG, no turn limit or Roy's incredibly late promotion, it's the writing, PLEASE give Roy an actual personality so I no longer feel the desire to punch that shota in the face, and not just Roy either, it has the most overall generic cast of characters in the series, make me actually care about them.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
*vanishes since like november* *checks back because bored in class* *notices Fire Emblem fan club, squees*

There's a FE club? Yay!

Username: Freddy Fazbear
Favorite class: Paladin, but only in Sacred Stones and Rekka no Ken
Favorite character: Oh geez, I dunno... I'm gonna go with Chrom I guess. Sorry Virion. :(

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
So um... hi.... ;D

Username: Subsonic
What's your preferred class?: Sniper. (I always loved the bow wielding classes.)
Who is your favorite character?: Owain. At first I just liked him and then I read his hot spring conversation and I was sold. (He's sweet.) Brady, Chrom, Ike, Lyn, Nino, and Rebecca afterwards.

Salzorrah

Years
hi guys!!!

I never really played FE6 that much, I only played like the first part of the English hack, and I wasn't really impressed... I thought FE7 was totally better in terms of storyline, than its prequel sequel.

Years
Ive just had a random thought that in future games I would like to see different kinds of Lords.

For example:

Alicorn Lord (Lord on a pegasus

Celestial Lord (Magic user Lord)

Cuirassier Lord (Mounted Lord)

Sky Lord (Lord on Wyvern)

Huntsman Lord (Archer Lord)

Panzer Lord (Knight lord)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
How would those be any different from the already existing Pegasus Knight/Mage/cavalary/Wyvern Rider classes though?

Years
How would those be any different from the already existing Pegasus Knight/Mage/cavalary/Wyvern Rider classes though?

Better stats. I guess Lord is sort of equivalent to other sword based infantry.

New skill sets.

Also they could use Lord only weapons (with isn't possible when Lords aren't in Lord forms).

Plus it would be great to be able to have Male Pegasus knights in the form of a Lord on a Pegasis knight.

Years
Sigurd from FE4 is a mounted lord (I think his title is Knight Lord). Celica from Gaiden and Micaiah from Radiant Dawn both use magic (Celica being a Preistess and Micaiah being a Light Mage), but I don't know if either of them are lords.

And on that note I should probably play more of Gaiden at some point.

Salzorrah

Years
Tbh, I would see a new lord that doesnt use swords, really. Maybe 3 lords like they did in Blazing Sword, but using the magic triangle?

Years
Well for Lord's we've had:
Marth, Lord uses swords
Alm, Fighter uses swords.
Celica, Priestess uses magic and swords.
Marth, still a lord uses swords
Sigurd, Knight lord Uses swords and lances
Celice, Junior Lord that uses swords (although he does promote to knight lord)
Leif, another Lord that uses swords
Roy, forever-a-lord uses swords
Lyn, forever-a-lord uses swords
Eliwood, forever-a-lord uses swords
Hector, Lord that uses axes (although he gets swords on promotion)
Eirika, #ForeverALord uses swords
Ephraim, Lord that uses lances and only lances even upon promotion, it took 8 games for there to be a lord that doesn't use swords.
Ike, Ranger uses swords an promotes into #ForeverALord (becomes a Hero in RD)
Micaiah, Light mage that uses light magic
Marth, back to #ForeverALord again for 2 games
Chrom, #ForeverALord uses swords
Lucina, #ForeverALord uses swords
Can we just have a edited "forever alone" face edited to look like Marth with the text "Forever A Lord"? kthxbai.
Out of 14 games there's only 2 non sword user, and one that only gets swords upon promotion.
I'd actually think it would be kind of cool to for once have an FE where not a single one of the Lords can use swords.
Currently the main character roster is kind of over saturated with sword users, and it doesn't look like Kamui will be any different aside from becoming a dragon and his class being called "Dark prince".

Years
I should have added I meant that Lords should be able to change to any of the other Lord classes via Second Seal

Also I (personally) wouldn't count the likes Micaiah as a Lord, plus I found her to be more of a liability rather than an asset, but that may have just been my playstyle.

Salzorrah

Years
As much I would love the Second Seal thing, that be too overpowered imo. Creating a character that is like the best at everything isnt great really.

Years
Micaiah counts as a lord, she's the main character of Fe10 after all.
I remember when reclass was added in fe11.... everyone hated it for not making any sense (Myrmidon Wrys just looks ridiculous to name one). Many (including me) still think it's weird and extremely out of place, and it kind of takes away a unit's identity, there's also the fact that it's way too unbalanced, then again people also really hated the avatar in fe12 and that is also seeming to become a normal thing for fire emblem.
Still don't understand why awakening had the 2 most hated features of fe11 and fe12...

Salzorrah

Years
I don't know, I dont really see any difference with those two features. I find the reclass system real good because of skills, but then again, I'm pretty against how they can change class to very different classes. As for the avatar, I found them cool, but in Awakening, you can only use swords and anima magic :[ I kinda wish the Grandmaster class could have added lances or dark magic :P

Back