• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
  • I just used Olivia to get Galeforce on Inigo, I never use her for anything else ever. In my opinion, one of the most useless units.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Funny thing about Dancers is that they have an amazing ability, giving a unit the ability to take action again after already doing something. It's kinda like Galeforce, and we know how good that is. But then there's the fact that all Dancers (and similar classes) are always so ridiculously weak and easy to be killed, which makes it very hard to make use of their great ability.

Years
  • Olivia is without a doubt the most useless Dancer, mostly just because she's Awakening's dancer, and she very easily becomes obsolete because of your-regular-neighbourhood-game-breaker GaleForce.
    Also Awakening favours rushing the chapters over taking your time and strategizing, making her only useful in the first 1 or 2 turns by letting another unit move slightly farther, as a result she won't gain much experience, previous dancer's could at least act as a dodge-tank after a certain amount of levels, but mostly because other FE games allow them to keep up (even FE4 with it's maps that are so big that by the end of the game you've literally explored almost the entire continent).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I disagree, I find Olivia somewhat usable, if not useful. As long she is paired with someone, it's fairly easy to level her up, plus her supports are pretty cool, I guess.

Years
  • So apparently there's been an interview with If's dev team and hese are the key details:
    The Nohr campaign features diverse victory conditions, such as seizing a location, breaking through enemy lines, defending your base and maps with turn restrictions.
    Up to Chapter 5, the game is exactly the same, but the rest of the game–5/6ths of the game–follows a completely different story depending on your campaign choice.
    The concept of choice was heavily inspired by the player's choice between Arran and Samson in the first game, Dark Dragon and Sword of Light.
    Players who purchase the download version can play up to Chapter 5, but then must download the Hoshido or Nohr campaign to continue–the first campaign can be downloaded for free.
    The third campaign (DLC) is roughly halfway between Hoshido and Nohr in difficulty. You can also adjust the difficulty partway through the game.
    Sounds like Nohr is getting quite a bit of fun stuff in exchange for no world map.
    So far it's really looking like Nohr is like all FE games while Hoshido is just Awakening 2.0 (even though they advertised it as traditional FE).
    Definitely going Nohr, way more variety and more promising.

Salzorrah

Years
  • What if if's main storyline is actually the third campaign? That would be sick tbh. I mean, like you said, Hoshido is basically an Awakening 2.0, and Nohr is the traditional FE game. I wonder what twists would they add in the neutral campaign haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I don't get though why they're making the 2 campaigns play kinda differently. Why not just use the good aspects of both traditional FE and newer FE?

Salzorrah

Years
  • Maybe they wanted to play out the title if?

I mean most of them, if not all of the titles in the series make perfect sense with their respective storyline. And maybe if's thing is basically based on the question, "What if?" I mean, isn't this game based on a decision-made storyline?

Years
  • https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/4gamer-interview/ This is a more indepth look at the interview as a whole.
    Hitoshi Yamagami (the group manager) adds that the Hoshido and Nohr campaigns were not designed to split the game for no reason. Although the first few chapters are the same, the rest of the game–5/6ths of the game–follows a completely different story.

What they intended was not to split the story, but rather make the player choose which side–Hoshido or Nohr–they want to ally with and create a story based on that player's "what if".
    This quote addresses the "what if?"...
    The most likely explanation for this is because of the effect that awakening had on the fan-base, it pretty much divided the Fan-base into 2 big groups more or less.
    One side made mostly out of new people to the franchise that prefer playing on Casual, grinding and shipping/waifuing.
    The other side is nearly entirely composed of FE veterans that got into the games before Awakening (often called elitists), who really dislike Awakening for the fact that the games focus really wasn't on the strategy part of the SRPG, The story being pretty generic (and full of plot holes), and instead had much more of a focus on matchmaking/shipping/waifuing/fanservice even though it could have been the final entry in the series, yet it failed to capture the "essence of Fire Emblem".

Salzorrah

Years
  • I totally inb4'd that haha x3

But yeah, tbh if I were to be classified in the FE fandom, if style, I would probably be the neutral one, since I really do like the shipping and the grinding, but at the same time love the strategy, the storyline, etc.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Honestly, even though Awakening is my personal favourite, I think I might do Nohr first. I don't have a real reason for it, I'm also more of a neutral person in the FE community but I just feel like doing that one. Of course I'm probably gonna do one right after another but that's beside the point :v

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • Picked up Awakening on Friday. At first, I decided to go with casual. So far, my favourite units are Lina (the female avatar, and Dark Knight), Tharja (Sorcerer), and Lon'Qu (Master Swordsman). I've been using the pairing option pretty often, usually with one range (magic) unit, and one melee unit.

Years
  • Was there a confirmation on what difficulty the neutral path be?

They said in the interview that it's supposed to be easier than Nohr, but harder than Hoshido. They also mentioned that you would be able to change the difficulty in the Nohr campaign.

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • The pairings I got in Awakening- Lina/ Chrom (had Lucina), Miriel/ Lon'qu (newly married), Nowi/ Gregor (by accident).
    Now trying to decided on supports for Tharja, Henry, and Libra.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Robin x Chrom tho I ship them so hard <3

Lucina and Morgan as siblings :] and both of them have royal and fell blood in them :3

Back