• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cry Baby?

Teen Males & Grown Men Crying?

• Total voters

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
Years
  • I think it's ok for them to cry only when they have to not for the sake of it that would be a little weird.I cry when i'm really ill or something upsets me and i find that normal but i sometimes cry at a few other things which don't sound as normal.

Years
  • Of course it's okay for men to cry if somethings wrong >_> If someone close to you dies... If your g/f breaks up.. etc.. all that is very reasonable stuff that can make any man cry, unless of course you have a heart of stone

Lucid

I think there are times you should cry and times you should deal with it, for both genders.

Kylie-chan said:
    This is sexist.

Girls and boys, as stated, and men and women, of all age, etc., have the right to cry. Suppressing your tears makes you explode. If people are going to pick on you for crying, tell them to go shove it. XP ...maybe not.

But I cried a heap last year, and no one gave me crap, because no one saw me anyway.
    Yeah, but Kylie, you'd be lying if you said people didn't still say "suck it up, be a man." or something, it's not sexist because some guys just think it's uncool to cry. Some men like having a macho image. And then some people (like me), think there are better ways to deal with your emotions then sobbing over things. D;

Kim

Years
  • Wtf? Since when does anyone need a reason to cry? I cry if I'm super happy. I cried when my parents said they're going to start paying for my college. And I've seen my boyfriend cry...6'4" muscle man, yes, he cries sometimes. His best friend died a year ago...of course he cried. We've both cried over fights we have.

Crying is a way for salt to exit the body. So even if you don't intend it, you "cry" sometimes.

ANd what are your "better ways" Kahoshi? Do tell.

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
    Years
  • Silon said:
    Do you think it's right for boys and grown men to cry?
    Everyday at school, you see kids being picked on for crying.
    I, myself have gone through this many of times. I think the harshest remark coming back was, "Just leave him alone, he always cries. Gay kid.." Yea. That really made me feel worse.

So.. what do you think about crying?

I agree with you, I spent my 5th and 6th grade with these kind of experience. But not knowing what they say is true or not.

*Shoves of painful memories, put it in a box and burns it*

Well, boys, I understand that they cry since they aren't mentally prepared for some thins around them.

Teen males - probably if they're going through emotional roller coasters.

Men - No, lest they had a great loss.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I don't think there is anything wrong with men crying.

It's a natural thing and everybody needs a good cry now and then.

Lucid

Wtf? Since when does anyone need a reason to cry? I cry if I'm super happy. I cried when my parents said they're going to start paying for my college. And I've seen my boyfriend cry...6'4" muscle man, yes, he cries sometimes. His best friend died a year ago...of course he cried. We've both cried over fights we have.

Crying is a way for salt to exit the body. So even if you don't intend it, you "cry" sometimes.

ANd what are your "better ways" Kahoshi? Do tell.
    Take my mind off it? Go out? Talk to someone? Read a book? Play around in photoshop? All those things cheer me up when I'm sad. O.o Sitting around crying over something just makes me feel worse, not better.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I don't really care. For a person like me, it's an asset to cry. But it's been hard for me to cry for many years now, and I feel dead because of it. o_O Crying is comforting ~ it makes me feel like the world is perfect, or that I've not suffering from aloneness.... I'm even inclined to say that crying is a type of joy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I can't stand crying. It's tex suXXors.

It makes me feel like everything's wrong, and I can't fix anything. It just helps get out emotions _a bit_.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Kahoshi said:
    Yeah, but Kylie, you'd be lying if you said people didn't still say "suck it up, be a man." or something, it's not sexist because some guys just think it's uncool to cry. Some men like having a macho image. And then some people (like me), think there are better ways to deal with your emotions then sobbing over things. D;
    I'm not saying it's sexist to individually choose not to cry. o_o; I'm saying that this poll is sexist. Why not say "Is it okay for grown women to cry?", because, maybe I misinterpreted it, but this poll is more focussed on males.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Kylie-chan said:
    I'm not saying it's sexist to individually choose not to cry. o_o; I'm saying that this poll is sexist. Why not say "Is it okay for grown women to cry?", because, maybe I misinterpreted it, but this poll is more focussed on males.
    That's true, but Paige was just pointing out the association with being a man and not crying is popular.

Simply being a grown up and not crying is kind of a popular association too though....

Now excuse while I stop analyzing idiocy..

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Its PERFECTLY fine to cry. I hate it when people think men have to be this "strong, no emotion robot" that only likes food/sports/tv/and sex.

WAKE UP FREAKS!! Men are human too!! Sure, some men are like that but not ALL men are.

And just because a man showes his emotionle side doesen't make him "gay".

Saying "men shouldn't cry" is just like saying "women shouldn't work".

And don't give that "men are supposed to be the strong ones" crap reason.
    Women cry, so does that make them weak?

Just because a man cried doesn't make him weak, it shows that hes strong cause he doesn't care what others think when he does.

Mayl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    Everyone needs to cry, doesn't matter who, it's an emotion. And emotions are a part of everyone's lives, no matter who they are.

...Unless they want to hold it in and then they'll explode O_O;;

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I really don't care if a person is whatever age or body type, stuff happens.. but personally I can't even remember the last time I cried.

It might sound weird, but if I cried over something other then a serious situation (such as a death) I consider it to be "weak"... but thats just me.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Some people cry for different things. The only times I ever cried in my life was when I was insanely angry. I've never cried over sadness or happiness or anything else. Some people cry at the drop of a hat, while others won't cry for anything.

And stop calling this thread sexist. It's a perfectly legitimate question with an unbiased foundation. Grow up people...

Frost

Bomberman + Sub-Zero
    Years
  • I think men can cry once in a while. When my best friend for 7 years and my fav. g/f ever moved away in the same month i even shed a tear.
    but i don't think its right for men to cry a LOT and then claim they are a little sensitive.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • They may bot cry much but its natural for them if they have to. Especially if they got hurt really badly or lost something important to them. They just dont show it because they're too proud to. XD

Back